Saleh Press Conference 9/12

Dunnie

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Lol first I'm hearing of this. Is this a Biggs report? Stop making things up.

The team was pretty fed up with ZW's performance towards the end and were very happy when Mike White was named the starter. They had no faith in Zach even though week after awful week Saleh expressed confidence in him. I'm hoping he just isn't as awful as last year. All this team needs is for it's QB to not be ass. 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He coached one hell of a game last night against the 3X defending AFCE champs. A favorite to get to the SB.  He kept the team together, from hanging their heads and won a game most here have said Zach wouldn’t have been able to beat.  

All to somehow find fault in Saleh answer QB questions at a presser the day after the only way any HC should answer.

I'm a frequent critic of Saleh but what you said is 100% true. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. To come back against that team down 10 points and win that game after the entire stadium was deflated was remarkable. They showed a lot of guts. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The team was pretty fed up with ZW's performance towards the end and were very happy when Mike White was named the starter. They had no faith in Zach even though week after awful week Saleh expressed confidence in him. I'm hoping he just isn't as awful as last year. All this team needs is for it's QB to not be ass. 

Goof thing that team has matured and no longer wears bunny suits and tshirts dividng the locker room.

He coached one hell of a game last night against the 3X defending AFCE champs. A favorite to get to the SB.  He kept the team together, from hanging their heads and won a game most here have said Zach wouldn’t have been able to beat.  
All to somehow find fault in Saleh answer QB questions at a presser the day after the only way any HC should answer.

Agreed on so many levels and I’m not the biggest fan of Saleh as well. He and the players rallied, especially 2nd half, and played a phenomenal game to win it in OT. No excuses, Bills are legit too 5 in the NFL and to beat them with a backup QB at home after your star QB goes down is a great accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Aaron was #53 so Zach Wilson is among the 52 "other" guys.

Obviously? Saleh goes on to talk about the strength of the defense and special teams, playmakers on the offense. But it's never ZW (or the OL for that matter) which says a lot about what he really thinks about him, despite announcing him as the starter going forward.

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The Jets just beat the Bills with Zach Wilson playing just about the entire game and not preparing to play. So, the Jets will be a worse team after Wilson practices as the starter and the game plan will be based on having Wilson as the starter? People make no sense and lack the ability to be objective about any subject that involves even one iota of emotion.

Of course not...but even when he had enough reps he still was terrible. That is a fact. His performance last evening was reminiscent of ZW 22, irrespective of coach speak and your comment.

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

It's post like these that keep me sane in threads like this one where the takes are so absurdly ignorant and naive.

Well done sir!

What takes are so absurdly ignorant?

That the season took a big hit when Rodgers went down?

That Z.W. has a track record of being a very poor performing QB?  

That the blow from Rodgers fall has hurt some folks optimism for this season?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What takes are so absurdly ignorant?

That the season took a big hit when Rodgers went down?

That Z.W. has a track record of being a very poor performing QB?  

That the blow from Rodgers fall has hurt some folks optimism for this season?

Don't worry, none of your takes here are absurd, so you're good!

• Haha 2

Just now, JetsRay said:

Don't worry, none of your takes here are absurd, so you're good!

Eh, I'm often absurd to be fair.  Sometimes even on purpose.

I think the 24-hour rule needs to be in effect after Rodgers.  A think more than a fair few of us were full loons after the "seriously, only 4 f'in plays?  And done for the year?  WHAT??!!??" moment last night.

Sanity seems to be returning, albeit we definitely have alot of post-injury optimistic optimists, who think ZW is going to lead us to the promised land, or that a Wentz or similar will come in and savior us, etc.  

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Eh, I'm often absurd to be fair.  Sometimes even on purpose.

I think the 24-hour rule needs to be in effect after Rodgers.  A think more than a fair few of us were full loons after the "seriously, only 4 f'in plays?  And done for the year?  WHAT??!!??" moment last night.

Sanity seems to be returning, albeit we definitely have alot of post-injury optimistic optimists, who think ZW is going to lead us to the promised land, or that a Wentz or similar will come in and savior us, etc.  

I guess I've never understood why people that think the season is over, need to come on here and convince other people that the season is over. 

When I think the season is over, I'll find other ways to spend my Sundays and you wont see many posts from me here.   

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

There's a locker room full of guys who aren't fooled by BS.  If the coach gives the impression that Zach is the only option going forward past next Sunday and he continues to suck he will lose the team.  He lost the team last year.  

You have no idea what he is saying to the players individually at the Jets facility today.  Nor should you.  HK is over.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I guess I've never understood why people that think the season is over, need to come on here and convince other people that the season is over. 

When I think the season is over, I'll find other ways to spend my Sundays and you wont see many posts from me here.   

Not every post is some conspiracy to convince you of things, most of this place is like barstools, idiots spouting opinions, screaming into the wind if you like.  This place is as much release as anything else.  A way to talk Jets with Jets fans that we don't often get to this degree in day to day working life.

Even then, I'm not sure I see the meaningful difference between a pessimist fan viewpoint and an optimist one in this aspect. 

One could equally ask why a homer needs to come on here and convince other people their evaluations of teams and player are wrong, i.e. to tell us the sh*t we're being served (Zach Wilson 2021, 2022 for example) is really prime rib. 

People like to tell other people what they think on forums, not really new or news is it?

Even as a pessimist I'm still a Jets Fan, still gonna watch all the games, still gonna come here and talk about it.  

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I just totally disagree with this.

This was true in 2021. Maybe last year at times.

But the team almost mutinied last year because of Zach being babied and playing like sh*t. Now is NOT the time to baby Zach. His feelings don't matter and the fact that's baby poo soft doesn't matter.

Now is time for an "all hands on deck, everyone pull to save the season" moment. Hard truths need to be accepted and moves need to be made.

Zach needs to play better, right now, or he needs to be replaced. There isn't time for learning or coddling. It's time to win.

OK. Replaced with who exactly????????????????  There are only 17 weeks and 16 games to go. It's not  March or May or even July, it's September week 2.  

If you follow the sport and not just the Jets, you realize that these players make big money with their 2nd contracts.  Wilson is in year 3.  He was benched in year 1 and year 2. He was replaced this past offseason.  He has not been handed anything. He now fell back into the starting job by a horrible injury.  Wilson, Saleh, the Jets, and every knowledgeable football fan knows that Wilson is playing for his NFL future. He is QB on a very talented team that is built to win. If he doesn't perform now, he is not getting another chance.  EVERYONE knows that.  Saleh does not need to state the obvious at a press conference one day after the injury and a big win for the team.  

There is no coddling going on here.  Wilson is all they have at QB right now.  When you look at the list of back up QBs in the NFL this season, including on the SB contending teams, it is pretty much a wasteland.  Right now, based on his body of work, Wilson may not even have an NFL career in the next 1-3 years.  

Wilson spent the entire offseason learning the Jets offense. He was "mentored" by Rodgers for a few months (even though I don't put much stock in that ).  I think it is a long shot that the light bulb went on for Wilson, but I don't see much of an alternative to him on the QB free agent list and I don't think bringing in Wentz, Ryan, Rivers, Keenan, McCoy, etc provides any more incentive for Wilson to play well than the circumstances that already exist.  

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Not every post is some conspiracy to convince you of things, most of this place is like barstools, idiots spouting opinions, screaming into the wind if you like.  This place is as much release as anything else.  A way to talk Jets with Jets fans that we don't often get to this degree in day to day working life.

Even then, I'm not sure I see the meaningful difference between a pessimist fan viewpoint and an optimist one in this aspect. 

One could equally ask why a homer needs to come on here and convince other people their evaluations of teams and player are wrong, i.e. to tell us the sh*t we're being served (Zach Wilson 2021, 2022 for example) is really prime rib. 

People like to tell other people what they think on forums, not really new or news is it?

Even as a pessimist I'm still a Jets Fan, still gonna watch all the games, still gonna come here and talk about it.  

So you don't see the difference between your hobbies and interests bringing you joy, or pain and frustration?

Ive been a Jet fan for 55 yrs.  Thru Super Bowl 3 to the Sack Exchange to Rex and Sanchez to now.    

This is just how I approach life but when something makes me miserable, or I dont see the value for time invested, I find something that makes me happy. Life is too short to be miserable.   When the  Jets are winning, Im happy and so is the forum ( generally), and the energy is positive.  Its fun coming here.

If you prefer to come here and tell everybody how miserable you are, thats fine- But fwiw, we already know.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

This is just how I approach life…..

We’re not all you. We don’t all feel or think the way you do. We don’t all agree with how you see being here, or participating here, or how you think we feel.  You see it as you do, we see it differently.

You might want to ask yourself tho why you don’t want seem to other viewpoints around. Is your optimism and happiness that fragile, that other viewpoints ruin this place for you?

• WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

We’re not all you. We don’t all feel or think the way you do. We don’t all agree with how you see being here, or participating here, or how you think we feel.  You see it as you do, we see it differently.

You might want to ask yourself tho why you don’t want seem to other viewpoints around. Is your optimism and happiness that fragile, that other viewpoints ruin this place for you?

No.   I just prefer being around happy people.

You be you.   I don't want you to be me.  

Im trying to understand the pleasure of misery.

• Upvote 1

We've had a lot of let downs over the years and the older fans might disagree but this could be the biggest heartbreak I've ever gotten as a Jets fan. All the potential to dominate down the drain. Lucky for me I was too young when it happened to Vinny but once I heard his ******* name being announced as a captain it was the first thing I thought of. Joe Namath better call a bruja and do whatever the hell he needs to do to reverse this curse. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

No.   I just prefer being around happy people.

You be you.   I don't want you to be me.  

Im trying to understand the pleasure of misery.

Probably the same way we are trying to understand the relentless positivity that homers find in failure and tragic defeat. Someone who’s still happy when their HOF QB goes down, or is unrelentingly unrealistically aggressively positive about his backup in defiance of every available data point.  

We all feel our love for the Jets our own way and cope our own way.

• Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Probably the same way we are trying to understand the relentless positivity that homers find in failure and tragic defeat. Someone who’s still happy when their HOF QB goes down, or is unrelentingly unrealistically aggressively positive about his backup in defiance of every available data point.  

We all feel our love for the Jets our own way and cope our own way.

Nobody is happy that Rodgers went down and it was a major blow to any realistic championship aspirations but it also doesn't mean the season is definitely over. They won the game against a good team after a terrible loss and after being down 10 points at the half. This team has tons of talent and a great defense so it's ok to be positive about their chances to still be able to make some noise instead of closing up shop for the season despite being 1-0. 

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1