Zach is THE Starter

Dunnie

21 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

Gonna sit back and read the comments on Sunday after Zach sticks up the joint.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JetNation.com mobile app

It's such a waste. Same people making the same endless comments. It's not that Boy Band isn't infuriating to watch play, it's just that I'd rather not have the kid take up every thread on here. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

It's such a waste. Same people making the same endless comments. It's not that Boy Band isn't infuriating to watch play, it's just that I'd rather not have the kid take up every thread on here. 

I mean what else is there to argue about? Everybody agrees the OL stinks and that the defense and special teams played well.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

This staff benched him for Chris Streveler last year. I assure you they don’t believe in him as much as some assume. 

If Zach is as even nearly as bad as he was last year he will not start 5 games. Nothing he showed vs Buffalo suggested he’s suddenly taken a leap.

The locker room forced Saleh to bench him after the Pats debacle, benched him for Streveler, then made him inactive for a must-win game against the Seahawks in a game where Mike White‘s ribs were audibly crunching in his chest. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Based on what you think then there’s a certainty they draft a qb in the first round next year.  They can’t rely on wilson or rodgers anymore and getting a good veteran is unlikely as well.

Next year is supposedly deep at QB and OT, so we’ll see. Really curious to see what Rodgers decides to do, but the Jets have to operate like he’s not going to be here next year

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I predicted after JD numbskulled the backup QB situation that if Rodgers misses time, Zach would get six quarters as “starter” before getting hooked. Probably need to amend that slightly since Rodgers went down within 2 minutes, but I still feel quite comfortable with the gist of the prediction. 

I know Saleh is spouting all his happy talk about Zach today, but his actions spoke pretty loud. Both Aikman and Peyton Manning were audibly aghast at Wilson’s play last night, and next week it’ll be Romo in the booth hammering Wilson to his core vs the Cowboys. Romo did a Zach Wilson game last year(?) and spent the whole time telling tbe audience what a quarterback is *supposed to do* on the plays Zach just butchered. 

• Post of the Week 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Boyle for a week or two, then whoever they bring in. 

i think Saleh and JD are very stubborn. they will give Zach more than the Dallas game. we are 1-0 so they got a little leeway. they wont replace Zach until we are 1-3 and the season is on the line. and that is sad.

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

i think Saleh and JD are very stubborn. they will give Zach more than the Dallas game. we are 1-0 so they got a little leeway. they wont replace Zach until we are 1-3 and the season is on the line. and that is sad.

Jets schedule is pretty tough. If they let Zach play bad, Can’t expect replacement to come in and save the day.. At that point might as well let Zach pray for a miracle , or sink the ship. So JD knows for sure he will or won’t pick up his option and can decide on future. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Next year is supposedly deep at QB and OT, so we’ll see. Really curious to see what Rodgers decides to do, but the Jets have to operate like he’s not going to be here next year

I know Saleh is spouting all his happy talk about Zach today, but his actions spoke pretty loud. Both Aikman and Peyton Manning were audibly aghast at Wilson’s play last night, and next week it’ll be Romo in the booth hammering Wilson to his core vs the Cowboys. Romo did a Zach Wilson game last year(?) and spent the whole time telling tbe audience what a quarterback is *supposed to do* on the plays Zach just butchered. 

What does that mean though?  A deep QB draft is 2 very good QBs?  The famed 1983 draft had 3 HOF QBs, 2 solid QBs and 1 bust.  The 2004 draft had 3 QBs who were "very good" to HOF.  

Also, weren't there 4 OTs taken in the first 14 picks in this past draft (and we didn't get any of them)?

1983:

image.png.fb1cdfcec2aee3c1b1688ed98ddbe662.png

2004:

image.thumb.png.17c5f918895af4d2c77fd1400831fb16.png

10 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Go get him now...

With every new QB injury and/or Jets loss, the price will escalate... 

or the opposite. If we somehow squeak out a few wins with ZW, need to go after an upgrade for sure for playoff run. If the losses begin to pile up, they will just let Zach finish the season/ jet career.. 

2 hours ago, Icer said:

Watching Zach Wilson quarterback a team this good is a crime against humanity

Yes.  It would be a complete disservice to the rest of this talented roster and a middle finger to the fanbase for Douglas not to at least go through the motions in acquiring a legitimate veteran to add to the QB room. 

How long it takes for the change to happen is anyone's guess but rolling the rest of the season with Wilson and Tim Boyle is simply not an option for a team that had legitimate division-winning aspirations and started the season with a divisional win to boot.

Either way I will not be watching until Zach is supplanted.  Pointless.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

No vet will be coming in to supplant him outright. The team will bring in a backup.

Let's get behind this kid and support the hell out of him.

... that is all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Not sure how any fan can root against the player that is now key to the Jets season. Makes no sense, unless you want the team to lose.

1 hour ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

He’s the starting QB. Accept it.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Based on what you think then there’s a certainty they draft a qb in the first round next year.  They can’t rely on wilson or rodgers anymore and getting a good veteran is unlikely as well.

This regime can't even begin to start thinking about 2024 right now.  They have to GM and coach like their jobs depend on it this season.  Tanking is not an option.  Win as many games as possible this season by any means necessary. 

The team is too talented to tank and there may well be a locker room mutiny if bottom-3 QB play sinks the ship yet again.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, doitny said:

There’s no way. They already demonstrated last year that they can pull the trigger on him and it’s arguable that Wilson looked worse yesterday than he did for the majority of last season. Saleh knows what’s on the line this year. No way he lets Zach Wilson continue to **** up his program. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Last night I saw Wilson as a deer in headlights!!! The offense game plan was suited to Rodgers not to his standard. Plus, the way the Buffalo defense was playing they were taking away the deep passing game from the Jets. The only thing they were not counting on was the Jets run game, which kept Buffalo guessing at times and didn't expect both Hall and Cook getting the ball all game long. The other thing that helped the Jets a lot was keeping the defense on the field too much and in the end the Jets took advantage and moved the ball better and gave Wilson more confidence. 

This time against the Cowboys WIlson will have a game plan that suits him. IMO, think it will be a dink and dunk to the RB's and TE's then opening up the deep game to the WR's. This way they can counter with the speed the Cowboys have especially the LB's spend their energy. Wison has an advantage in the game, he has a running game that can keep defenses guessing all game like the Buffalo game. The Jet will have to attack that defense all game long!!!! The only reason Dallas won is because the defense attacked the Giants offense and the Giants didn't have a planned out gameplan of attack.

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

There’s no way. They already demonstrated last year that they can pull the trigger on him and it’s arguable that Wilson looked worse yesterday than he did for the majority of last season. Saleh knows what’s on the line this year. No way he lets Zach Wilson continue to **** up his program. 

Problem is there just aren’t qbs that can really help so you’re really in the market for a Tyrod taylor type and even those qbs come with a price.  

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This regime can't even begin to start thinking about 2024 right now.  They have to GM and coach like their jobs depend on it this season.  Tanking is not an option.  Win as many games as possible this season by any means necessary. 

The team is too talented to tank and there may well be a locker room mutiny if bottom-3 QB play sinks the ship yet again.

Disagree, the gm is always thinking ahead and now they’re guaranteed to have the 1st round pick and have a reduced shot at the playoffs making that pick likely in the 15ish range.  The season may well start tanking as they’re trying b/c they have no qb.

If Rodgers wakes up in a few days and decides that the fates wanted him to retire all along, there’ll be a decent case to make that Woody should clean house next year if the Jets go 6-11 with Wilson and Boyle. What would be the justification for keeping Saleh around in that scenario? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Problem is there just aren’t qbs that can really help so you’re really in the market for a Tyrod taylor type and even those qbs come with a price.  

That’s the thing—a Tyrod Taylor represents a significant upgrade from Zach Wilson. They can legitimately upgrade their QB position with bottom-tier players.

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

If Rodgers wakes up in a few days and decides that the fates wanted him to retire all along, there’ll be a decent case to make that Woody should clean house next year if the Jets go 6-11 with Wilson and Boyle. What would be the justification for keeping Saleh around in that scenario? 

Team is talented, they have their first round pick so you sign a vet qb draft another and move on with this team.  No need to can the coach and gm b/c rodgers tore something, and wilson is simply a sunk cost that is going to go away after this season.  But that doesn’t mean you blow this up, the roster is good. 

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Disagree, the gm is always thinking ahead and now they’re guaranteed to have the 1st round pick and have a reduced shot at the playoffs making that pick likely in the 15ish range.  The season may well start tanking as they’re trying b/c they have no qb.

We just won a divisional game last night and are not tanking.  Sooooo tired of the tanking talk at this point, even if its an "accidental" tank you're talking about here.

Upgrade the QB position by any means necessary.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Depends on who is out there but I would not lose any sleep over that…jd too.

• Upvote 1

I think what people are missing about Zach Wilson is that he’s fundamentally incapable of handling pass rush pressure. He hasn’t gotten any better at it and he won’t get better at it because he’s a physically tiny mush who doesn’t like contact. As such, defense can blitz him, he’ll sh*t his pants, and give the game away. It’s like having a batter on your team that can’t hit the breaking ball. If you put him up to bat, the opposing pitcher is simply going to throw breaking balls, and that batter is going to be out. It’s a fatal flaw.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

We just won a divisional game last night and are not tanking.  Sooooo tired of the tanking talk at this point, even if its an "accidental" tank you're talking about here.

Upgrade the QB position by any means necessary.

If you think someone like brissett is the answer to the season, i don’t know what to say.  The team is not winning anything with someone like him.  They’re only going deep in the playoffs with a real qb that can really only be found in the draft, like KC/cincy/buffalo/jax/chargers have done recently.