NFL Films guru on ZW: We all know what we’ve seen on film isn’t very good.”

52 minutes ago, rldev said:

You think Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase don't make highlight reel catches on a routine basis? At least he recognized the defense and made the correct decision. Similar to Rodgers acclaimed pre season TD pass and likewise could have easily been picked off. Yet it was the greatest pass ever. This sh*t is really silly. 

What a low bar you guys set for the QB position. 

“He f**ked up but he coulda f**ked up worse!  PROGRESS!!!”

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

But Garrett made a catch-of-the-year candidate to haul in a TD pass thrown directly to the defender so obviously Zach is awesome.

#ZachophileLogic

There was nothing wrong with the pass that needs ridiculing, the pass was defended well and GW wanted it more.  

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

It’s a buzzkill.  I didn’t expect to talk about Zach this year but here we are. This is typical SOJ.

Zach played ok for the team he plays on.  If we didn’t have this defense or special teams we lose that game and we are talking about how terrible Zach is for the third season in a row.

The good thing is all he has to do is be a little better than last year.  Eliminate the games like he played against the Patriots last year.   

I do have slight faith that he can do this.  I think the little time he learned by Rodgers helped him.  Is it enough to make the playoffs im not sure but I’m all in again for better or worse.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

at some point the staff will have to let him wear his big boy shoes and throw more than 5 yrd passes.   once the jets get down by 2tds the fun will really begin.

although ball control and a great defense can you take places.....not to mention disguise pretty bad qb's

He threw several critical 3rd and long passes beyond 5 yards casual

i suggest you watch the games

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Hex said:

You guys are going to great lengths to try and prove that Zach had a bad game. Is it not reasonable to say he had a good game but that he still has a ton to prove before anybody should take him seriously?

Cosell’s words and opinions verbatim.  Not mine.

He’s watched a lot more film than all of us combined.

He knows what he’s talking about.

Don’t kill the messenger.

44 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Whoa buddy no need to get personal.

But, if you can’t figure it out, that’s on you. 

I'll help him out. 

Mercury was in retrograde during whichever Superbowls those were, and due to a strange gravimetric force enacted on Venus which transfered to Earth via tachyon beams caused enough of a disturbance to create the situation for a couple crazy catches on true 50/50 balls.  Both of which if they were not complete would have likely resulted in zero Superbowls for Eli.

Therefore Zach is good.

Why this needed to be explained makes me sad for all of us.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

On 1JD tonight Zach actually says to GW right after, “That was a trash back shoulder throw, bro.”

LOL even Wilson knows his pass sucked yet the Zach die hards here will still swear on their lives it was good.

I've been slacking on my JN reading.  I haven't seen anyone say "good"!

But if they did that's silly as hell.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

On 1JD tonight Zach actually says to GW right after, “That was a trash back shoulder throw, bro.”

LOL even Wilson knows his pass sucked yet the Zach die hards here will still swear on their lives it was good.

I didn’t say it was good.  All passes aren’t dead perfect and whining about a completed pass for a TD makes you either a hater or someone who just doesn’t get it.  To have seen every QB from Namath on, watching QBs on all teams, I’ve never felt the need to diagnose every TD and complain about any of them.  
I'm certainly not swearing on my life either.  
Guess exaggerating every aspect of the play and those who aren’t criticizing it somehow makes a point.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Only Jets fans can complain that a TD pass sucked donkey nuts.  

Loudly and for weeks.

I'd be more in agreement with the anti-ZW stuff if we didn't make moves to improve at the position in the offseason. Now we roast him for not being Aaron Rodgers? Please. He's our backup forced to start, let's give him some breathing room and remember it's not the end of the world. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Loudly and for weeks.

I'd be more in agreement with the anti-ZW stuff if we didn't make moves to improve at the position in the offseason. Now we roast him for not being Aaron Rodgers? Please. He's our backup forced to start, let's give him some breathing room and remember it's not the end of the world. 

I agree with the sentiment.  But it's his draft position that has made this whole category a meat grinder.  If Zach gets blown up and goes down play #5 and we had Boyle come in (I know he wasn't dressed) and play the exact game Zach did, he would rightfully be being praised by all for an all time gutsy performance in an impossible situation. For some it would be so clear that he is obviously better than Zach.

I don't know how this Zach thing will end, but however it does it's going to be one for the ages.

12 hours ago, rldev said:

You think Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase don't make highlight reel catches on a routine basis? At least he recognized the defense and made the correct decision. Similar to Rodgers acclaimed pre season TD pass and likewise could have easily been picked off. Yet it was the greatest pass ever. This sh*t is really silly. 

Yeah I really can’t understand why Wilson is getting sh*t from some people on his TD pass to GW.  There wasn’t even a thimble sized window to get that ball in.  It actually was an excellent pass, either the “next Jerry Rice” makes the play, or No One does.

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach stinks.  Not sure why we have to keep talking about this.

Tune in Sunday and hope he improves.

There is nothing more to discuss.

I choose to remember you as the relentless optimist.

Are there studies showing that too much optimism is bad for ones mental health?  We may be in the cutting edge here boys.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I don't really disagree except the Jets did not run draw plays on third and long and trusted Wilson to complete two third down passes on the TD drive.  You also did not quote the entire segment and left out the part where he says the hope is that Wilson improves from week to week and that as the season progresses the Jets can have an NFL passing game. He doesn't comment on the merits of that hope.

Did he comment on Hackett & Downing as experienced OCs / playcallers? Downings 10+ yrs as QB coach and PFF Quarterbacks Coach of the Year (2015)..

It may never work out for Zach. But 2023 is a new season with new coaches and for the moment healthy and talented O players everywhere.