Cimini: Locker room is grumbling about Wilson, team is close to imploding

T0mShane

• 2 months later...
36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Same for the defense. They keep their frustration in-house and I think CJ is a big part of that.

CJ Moseley smart dude.  He knows what the Johnsons want.  He will make it very hard for them to touch his grossly excessive compensation 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

CJ Moseley smart dude.  He knows what the Johnsons want.  He will make it very hard for them to touch his grossly excessive compensation 

Macc made it hard for them.

I think I'm a negotiation is going to happen where he's going to bring the cap number down this year and take more guaranteed money in future years.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Macc made it hard for them.

I think I'm a negotiation is going to happen where he's going to bring the cap number down this year and take more guaranteed money in future years.

The contract Macc signed him to would be over after this season.

JD keeps tacking on more years and pushing the money.

EDIT: I forgot about the covid year he opted out to push everything back a year as well. But we could have gotten out the last 2 years with small dead cap hits. $3M this season and $1.5 next. Now due to JDs restructuring that has ballooned.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The contract Macc signed him to would be over after this season.

JD keeps tacking on more years and pushing the money.

EDIT: I forgot about the covid year he opted out to push everything back a year as well 

Yeah I don't think JD touched the deal at all.

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Since you guys are bumping this thread, I thought it was wild that Saleh’s big takeaway from this season was “We should have never trusted Zach Wilson” and his takeaway from the last three years was “we never should have drafted Zach Wilson.”

He’s not wrong.  And i hope he and douglas have good spirited discussions about what types of qbs to bring in and what qualities / attributes make a successful qb.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s not wrong.  And i hope he and douglas have good spirited discussions about what types of qbs to bring in and what qualities / attributes make a successful qb.  

One wonders what thoughts were going through Saleh’s head when he was watching Brissett—whom the Jets reportedly inquired about—was marching up and down the field on his defense.

• Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

One wonders what thoughts were going through Saleh’s head when he was watching Brissett—whom the Jets reportedly inquired about—was marching up and down the field on his defense.

Very mixed feelings about saleh, b/c he’s a one dimensional coach not suited to be a hc, yet, he clearly seems to have knows immediately that wilson was going to submarine his regime.  Plus, defensive minded coaches like him (and Rex and bowles and herm) like vanilla qbs like chad, who keep turnovers down, play the field positional game and win with smart play (assuming your defense doesn’t repeatedly commit inane personal fouls) and defense and running the ball.  So for saleh, having a guy like brissett is much more appealing.  Harder to win a superbowl but easier to have a .500 or winning record.  This sentence is going to sound absurd, but besides qb and LT, douglas has done a good job of adding talent to the roster.  I think guys like ruckert and izzy would contribute under normal OCs, and also with competent qb play, some of the younger wrs would also look decent.  But because so much of the nfl is having competent tackles and qbs, if your gm can’t figure this out, it really doesn’t matter if you add talent to other units b/c it doesn’t translate to wins.  

If they approached the offseason very simply that the 2 goals are to fix the OL and qb, they’d have a better shot of competing.  Flipping a guy like huff for a 2nd rounder would allow them to draft a starting guard, or even crazier, try to get a qb in here to backup rodgers.  If mccarthy makes it to the late first round or 2nd round i’d deal next year’s picks to bring him in.  He’d spell rodgers when he inevitably gets hurt and the jets would have a legit qb2 option who could make the offense dynamic as he’s everything we thought wilson could be

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Since you guys are bumping this thread, I thought it was wild that Saleh’s big takeaway from this season was “We should have never trusted Zach Wilson” and his takeaway from the last three years was “we never should have drafted Zach Wilson.”

Saleh starting to reference what everyone else does bothers me.  I have heard a small sample of him doing it and all it screams to me is, Saleh is feeling some heat.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

Saleh starting to reference what everyone else does bothers me.  I have heard a small sample of him doing it and all it screams to me is, Saleh is feeling some heat.

Saleh is trying to show the nfl that he can win games if he has anything approaching competence at qb.  It’s reasonable given he’s been saddled with wilson.  

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What's the point of a good spirited discussion if neither one has a single clue on the topic?

What should be happening is competent offensive minds should be brought in at any cost. But that won't, and we'll end up with the wrong guy. Again.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Saleh is trying to show the nfl that he can win games if he has anything approaching competence at qb.  It’s reasonable given he’s been saddled with wilson.  

Because he knows already that he'll be a free agent after 2024. Even Robert Saleh knows Robert Saleh is done, but not Woody.

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

What's the point of a good spirited discussion if neither one has a single clue on the topic?

What should be happening is competent offensive minds should be brought in at any cost. But that won't, and we'll end up with the wrong guy. Again.

I agree that bringing in someone who has spent time in the nfl on offense would help immensely.  When does that happen?  Our best shot there was Adam gase. 

• Ugh 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh is a trash man with nothing to ever offer except more excuses

Look around the league in Minnesota, Cleveland, etc. with QBs going down due to injury and still managing to fight and claw and stay relevant 

It’s your freaking job to think about “worst-case scenarios” (you couldn’t imagine a 40y old QB who spent his offseason in darkness caves contemplating retirement might get injured?) and to find solutions

Now that it’s been leaked they are trading ZW, he conveniently starts throwing the kid under the bus when he’s acted at the podium like ZW’s biggest advocate for 3 years….

What a self-serving fraud…

It’s like at least be consistent, bro

Saleh is an absolutely pathetic leader.  He preaches Navy Seals (aka "extreme ownership") but he's all about making excuses

• Upvote 2