Sauce publicly calls out the ref

Just so we're clear here, the prevailing theory of the day is:

The Jets losing a game is totally acceptable, because Roger Goodell conspired with the refs to fix a football game because fans of Taylor Swift were watching and the Chiefs winning helps Swifties order custom jerseys. They would have never won the game anyways because of the Eras Tour.

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Wrong. He went after the ref when Mahomes got the first down to effectively end the game. The sh*t before is what EVERY coach does after a terrible call, you're just not used to it after 10 years of Bowles/Gase/Meek Saleh. 

I'm glad he did it, and I'm glad Sauce said whet he did. Even KC fans are saying, "Yeah some of those calls/No-calls were something else... but we'll take it".

He went after the refs the second it was called. His temper tantrum started right then and the penalty was the culmination of it, not the beginning. He was following the ref up and down the sidelines while Sauce was yelling to. And he continued it from there. Childish and dumb, no coincidence the team completely folded after that.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 3

I'm glad Saleh gave it to the official after the game, but I think it is bad news for players to bitch about bad calls in front of the media.  The Jets got screwed, but they also got a call that gifted them a safety and they got a gift on that horse collar.  Best for players to suck it up and hold quite. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

May I suggest taking a break, then? If you aren't pissed about the officiating and are blaming Zach for the game, when the bestest QB in the world did the same exact thing earlier in the same game, you clearly either don't care anymore. 

Just a thought. 

I'm more annoyed at the wanton stupidity of the Jets fanbase today than I am the Jets themselves, who at least didn't embarrass themselves last night, unlike what all of you whiners, excuse makers and conspiracy theorists are doing now.  Man up ffs, we lost, against a better team, because our guys didn't get it done when it counted.  No one stole it from us.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

30 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes Saleh throwing a temper tantrum at a crucial point in the game and leading his players to do the same clearly worked out well for them.

I get you are being the harsh lead by example thing here, but I thing they need some of this sh*t from Saleh.  He didn't lose his sh*t to the point of getting a penalty until it was over.  Sometimes that sh*t will get you calls down the line when refs think about it over the coming weeks.  They will probably watch that sh*t on sportscenter or wherever and be like "ugh."  They will hear all the chatter about the calls and not want to be part of that discussion. 

Also, the team needs him to help blame somebody outside that locker room because morale has to be hanging by a thread.  This is a good team, that is working on the 2nd straight season needing everything to go right to overcome their QB play.  I think the coach demonizing the refs is the kind of thing that gives them somebody outside the locker room to blame.  For a change it is deserved.  It's like a coach getting tossed over fouls in a basketball game, or a manager over ball and strike calls.  Generally, it is stupid, but for team unity and morale sometimes it helps.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Warfish said:

I'm more annoyed at the wanton stupidity of the Jets fanbase today than I am the Jets themselves, who at least didn't embarrass themselves last night, unlike what all of you whiners, excuse makers and conspiracy theorists are doing now.  Man up ffs, we lost, against a better team, because our guys didn't get it done when it counted.  No one stole it from us.

If the team gets their act together and just moves on to the next play, they stood a great chance to hold KC to a field goal there with plenty of time left. As a fan I'm fine with the Jets losing a game because the other team just has better players, but that's not what happened last night. The Jets lost that game because they completely lost their composure and that's on coaching. Say what you want about Belichick and that stupid stoic look he has on his face when literally anything happens but at least he never looks like that level of jackass. A penalty for the coach having a tantrum? Jesus.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Again I shall ask... Did you actually watch the game last night? Serious question. Because if THATS your takeaway, you really aren't worth talking to about Football.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I get you are being the harsh lead by example thing here, but I thing they need some of this sh*t from Saleh.  He didn't lose his sh*t to the point of getting a penalty until it was over.  

Yes he did. He lost his sh*t at 4 minutes and another play was about to start. He lost his sh*t to the point to where the team never recovered almost immediately. They were playing a great half right up until that moment.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

If the team gets their act together and just moves on to the next play, they stood a great chance to hold KC to a field goal there with plenty of time left.

Which time? After which blatant JJ hold? Ridiculous Man Downfield call? Game breaking Defensive holding call?  Please, be specific.

Oh, just that one? Sure. Ok. 😆 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

As much as I enjoy the Taylor Swift conspiracies, it's just the same old case of the marquee players/franchises getting favorable calls. Same as it ever was.

How many jets/pats games were like this.  It’s nothing more.  Maybe if rodgers played the calls are different.  

Or the jets can try to draft a good qb who will get these calls.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Which time? After which blatant JJ hold? Ridiculous Man Downfield call? Game breaking Defensive holding call?  Please, be specific.

You keep harping on the moment of the penalty, I'm talking way before that. Btw here's a another angle of Saleh when they did throw the penalty

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ephi6kg9bp9sb3j8c63

• More Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The internet is dirty this morning  with people bitching about how Mahomes' slide cost them a pile of $. Not sure the NFL grasps how much gambling is changing how people watch their sport and why they watch. And that isn't good. 

I would wager there is a ref or several somewhere among the dozens of them who's phone would be a Donaghy-like embarrassment if anyone had the chance to look. Whether direct or 2nd hand. it's a matter of time until that happens, or gets covered up. 

I mean these guys know the situation. It’s probably the right move to go down there, but giving up a TD is always sketchy.

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The internet is dirty this morning  with people bitching about how Mahomes' slide cost them a pile of $. Not sure the NFL grasps how much gambling is changing how people watch their sport and why they watch. And that isn't good. 

I would wager there is a ref or several somewhere among the dozens of them who's phone would be a Donaghy-like embarrassment if anyone had the chance to look. Whether direct or 2nd hand. it's a matter of time until that happens, or gets covered up. 

There are teams in Vegas.  Joe Namath couldn't even own a restaurant. 

Funny thing to me is that it isn't even the spread any more.  The kids are always asking me for betting advice for these ridiculous parlays.  "I had Mahomes for 224 yards and he only got 223."  They hit for four ridiculous things and miss the 5th and think, "Damn, I almost got $1500 for my $50 bet."  I don't know where the actual betting money comes from, but it seems like every game is like the super bowl with people betting on the coin flip.  Are these just casual come on bets, or is there real money for them?  I am starting to think I should get an account because it looks like if you stick to their teaser bets, you should be able to win a significant chunk.  

13 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Saleh’s penalty came after the game was over. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

You keep harping on the moment of the penalty, I'm talking way before that. Btw here's a another angle of Saleh when they did throw the penalty

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ephi6kg9bp9sb3j8c63

Im just curious.. did you really say that Bill Belichick,  the guy that coaches the New England Patriots, yes, that Bill Belichick, NEVER throws tantrums and screams and yells at calls? Do I recall that statement correctly? 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sauce needs to learn to play less handsy. He’s committing fouls on almost every play. Jets fans will refuse to see it, because blaming the Refs for losses is a thing we all love to do, but it’s gonna be a problem for him going forward.

Im amazed we didn’t get several roughing the passer calls tonight, as often as we were hitting Mahomes after he’d thrown the ball. The Refs easily could have called several the way the league tends to call that penalty nowadays, especially for its star QB’s.. 

I’m all for refs keeping the flag in their pockets unless it the foul is obvious flagrant and dramatically effects the play particularly at these moments in a game. 

Gardners was not a foul with the receiver running into Gardner. Even if it was it was a soft infraction that should never have been called given how the game was called.  Plus it did not effect the play - receiver ran inside  while Mahomes threw outside. Well played by the Jets 

it was a shame

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No problem! Why are you crying? Did I hurt your delicate feeling? 😆 

Not in the least. 

Don't like my opinion, fine, no harm in that and hardly the first time I have an unpopular viewpoint amongst the homer masses here.  

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes he did. He lost his sh*t at 4 minutes and another play was about to start. He lost his sh*t to the point to where the team never recovered almost immediately. They were playing a great half right up until that moment.

Eh maybe.  Maybe that is part of being the "CEO."   He isn't calling the D or the O.  They held their composure through plenty last night, so I am not ready to blow them up over it.  Meetings this week I am screaming about tackling and the missed assignment on that one TD.  They had better beat the living **** out of Denver next week.  Thank God Denver is our trap game because we have enough bulletin board material that overlooking this game while we are a 1-3 bunch of sh*tbags should be impossible. 

20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He went after the refs the second it was called. His temper tantrum started right then and the penalty was the culmination of it, not the beginning. He was following the ref up and down the sidelines while Sauce was yelling to. And he continued it from there. Childish and dumb, no coincidence the team completely folded after that.

The team... completely... folded.....

Suspicious Queens GIF by ABC Network

20 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'm glad Saleh gave it to the official after the game, but I think it is bad news for players to bitch about bad calls in front of the media.  The Jets got screwed, but they also got a call that gifted them a safety and they got a gift on that horse collar.  Best for players to suck it up and hold quite. 

That explanation of how the face mask "started on the field" was garbage. Dude had his helmet yanked sideways in the end zone. The NBC call last night was embarrassing, start to finish.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Homer? Me?? Have... have we met? 

If you think the only reason we lost is because the Refs stole the game from us, yes, that's a homer-take.

If you think that I "aren't worth talking to about Football" because I don't agree that the Refs are the only reason we lost, that's an Uber-homer-take.  And if you really think they, I don't why you keep engaging with me now.  Seems dumb.

We lost this game for many reasons, a pathetic effort in the first quarter all around, an inability to sustain drives on Offense outside the one great drive to start the 2nd half, the regrettable donk FG miss by Greg the Leg, our bend-but-don't-break Defense being unable to make a stop late in the game when it needed one, with no contain on Mahomes allowing multiple 3rd and 20+ conversions when we desperately needed a stop, and a backbreaking fumble late in the game sitting at midfield with the score 23-20 when we could/should have converted that great spot into points vs that Chiefs Defense.

The game was not stolen from us.