Sauce publicly calls out the ref

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I know some folks are saying the Jets got some lucky calls too

what people fail to understand is that its not the amount of calls, its the timing of calls/no calls 

That sequence of missing the holds on Q, huff and the Chief that was hanging onto JJ for dear life that lead to Mahomes converting the long 3rd down followed by calling a ticky tack hold on Sauce after a pick was thrown directly lead to the Chiefs sealing the game. Refs always give makeup calls so the final stats don't look as lopsided. You have to look at the context in which a call is/isn't made to understand what's going on here. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

49 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yea, I guess they should just be happy with the travesty of officiating during the last 10 minutes that may have cost them the game. Saying that bad reffing is part of the game is not an excuse and the NFL needs to be better.  The last 10 minutes of that game was blatant incompetence. 

Yes Saleh throwing a temper tantrum at a crucial point in the game and leading his players to do the same clearly worked out well for them.

Just think about everything the Jets had to overcome last night: Bad press and fan angst going in (mostly deserved), a slow start - getting down 17-0 in the first quarter (again), and the match-up itself with the World Champs. But they hung around and made a game of it.

Yes - Zach's fumble hurt but the several zebra calls and non-calls really decided the game in the end - Wow that hurts.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I can see why it was called if they were calling it all game. The timing of it is what irks me. 

A lot of times there's a delay in when they throw the flag. They need to think about it for a second or can't pull it out for whatever reason. It happens often.

But in this play it very much looked like a reaction to the Jets intercepting it.

There were bad calls in our favor earlier in the game fwiw. Horse collar, facemask safety didn't start in end zone.

Yep - all bad calls are not equal. A lot depends on the timing of the call. This one and a couple others on the drive ended a great game. I'm tired of calls like that. Same thing happened last year against the Pats on the roughing call against JFM. Flag was thrown after the interception. That changed our season. This one I think will spur us on - you have to be more excited about this team moving forward after how Zach played last night. Imagine if it just finally clicked for him and we have a young, talented QB with our young team? It's the absolute best case scenario for us, hater or not.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

most good or great CBs are handsy and will get flagged once or twice a game. Revis was only 1 I’ve seen who can be a blanket on a WR without committing near penalties every play. Sounds like sauce tipped what he’s been doing, trying to get in way of WRs, which is sometimes called on cb.

Indeed, the best DB's are handsy, but subtle, and get away with it.  Sauce isn't subtle, or not subtle enough I guess is a better way to say it.

And lambasting the Refs is a great way to get future Refs to look harder at his handsyness.  Dumb and dumber.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the far bigger concern is if it wasn't incompetence.

If you (or anyone) truly think the sport is rigged/fixed, why on earth would you continue to watch it/support it?

Again, I get that everyone loves a good conspiracy theory (or even a not so good one) these days, but ffs exert some self control and consistency then, if you REALLY think the game is fixed, why on earth would you continue to invest and buy INTO the fixed product?  

It's a shame so many folks can't accept reality, that our team blew it, the Refs didn't make the difference, and the universe isn't out to get us.  Our CB is just too handsy, and too blatant doing it, and doe sit on almost every play and needs to sort that out or it's going to happen again and again.

• More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If you (or anyone) truly think the sport is rigged/fixed, why on earth would you continue to watch it/support it?

Again, I get that everyone loves a good conspiracy theory (or even a not so good one) these days, but ffs exert some self control and consistency then, if you REALLY think the game is fixed, why on earth would you continue to invest and buy INTO the fixed product?  

It's a shame so many folks can't accept reality, that our team blew it, the Refs didn't make the difference, and the universe isn't out to get us.  Our CB is just too handsy, and too blatant doing it, and doe sit on almost every play and needs to sort that out or it's going to happen again and again.

And rigged how exactly? For Vegas? Cause the Jets still covered the spread so not sure who’s rigging what. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What about that illegal man downfield?

That feels like a yard down the field like that never gets called.  

Am I wrong about that?  And that was a good call?

It's not called that much.

There were 2 men downfield, the center was just further down field

3 hours ago, JiF said:

I know some folks are saying the Jets got some lucky calls too...and true but 4 first downs on penalties for the Chiefs, 2 of them on 3rd and long, and the Jets had 1 penalty for a first down and that's not even mentioning the amount of holds they let go on the LOS.

The Chiefs got the star treatment and the Jets were treated like the Jets.

The Chiefs fans around us agreed entirely.

A small modicum of satisfaction that we are not incorrect in how the game was fixed so the Chiefs/Swift romance can continue to a happy ending.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Warfish said:

I don't know if it is or isn't....but 4 penalties on that last drive and lack of them called against KC has to have anyone paying attention wondering about it.  That last call was a very bad call made at a very bad time.  Those type of calls just aren't made - Mahomes threw the ball up for grabs into triple coverage...it's like getting a PI on a Hail Mary.  There's all kinds of pulling and grabbing on those plays but they just don't get called.  There no excuse for it.  

And it's very reasonable for fans to question why it was made.

Why watch?  Entertainment value.  WWE is still a major draw. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nfl/news/sauce-gardner-holding-penalty-jets-chiefs-call/40d811ed0ccf510fd5bbb083

The call in question came on a third-and-20 during which Patrick Mahomes lofted a pass into Marquez Valdes-Scantling. The receiver was double-covered on the play and the ball wasn't thrown particularly well, which allowed it to be intercepted by Michael Carter.

However, Jets cornerback Sauce Gardner was whistled for holding on the play. That resulted in a five-yard penalty that gave New York a first down and extended the drive.

Gardner made it known after the game that he vehemently disagreed with the call, explaining to reporters what he believed had happened during a postgame news conference.

"The receiver ran into me," Gardner said. "There was a collision — same thing that was happening all game but no flags — Pat threw the ball outside of the receiver. [Michael Carter] was there. He made the play. Then the ref threw the flag."

Gardner likened the call to crying for a foul while playing pickup basketball only after you know that you have missed a shot. He described the penalty as "crazy" and lamented that it came at such an important point in the game.

"I don't even think they threw the ball my way, at me, for the first three quarters," he said. "Then they started throwing checkdowns. Then the shot that they take that's not going and they finally get bailed out by that? Fourth quarter, crunch time. I don't even know what to say."

In the aftermath of THIS???

The NFL is RIGGED.

Period.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

And rigged how exactly? For Vegas? Cause the Jets still covered the spread so not sure who’s rigging what. 

Apparently rigged to just screw the Jets.

Our fanbase collectively is alot like an old woman in eastern Europe, making the signs of the devil as she sees a crow fly past.  Superstitious and paranoid to the n'th degree, and beliving in things that don't exist.

I guess because it's far harder for fans to admit Zach's 1st quarter and late-game fumble blew the game, or that the Defense that had all but carried the game for us all game sh*t the bed down the stretch when it counted and guys like Q, who we paid a bajillion dollars to keep, was basically invisible on that final drive.

Truth hurts, so deflect,, deflect, deflect and rationalize.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know if it is or isn't....but 4 penalties on that last drive and lack of them called against KC has to have anyone paying attention wondering about it.  That last call was a very bad call made at a very bad time.  Those type of calls just aren't made - Mahomes threw the ball up for grabs into triple coverage...it's like getting a PI on a Hail Mary.  There's all kinds of pulling and grabbing on those plays but they just don't get called.  There no excuse for it.  

And it's very reasonable for fans to question why it was made.

Why watch?  Entertainment value.  WWE is still a major draw. 

Refs know the down and distance and how to extend drives. The ref effectively determined the outcome there. They have too much control. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Stop.

the nfl is trash.   every week the refs basically decide 1 or more games based on calls/no calls.

nobody speaks up about it.   the announcers can do a lot of damage pointing it out but they're sheep and want to keep their jobs.  players/coaches get hefty finds speaking up.  wash, rinse, repeat for last 20 years.

nfl is sh*tty entertainment  tryng to be made right by rules that cannot be enforced correctly

grounding is subjective and is a case by case call.  they can't only call this "when they think it is". over maybe it is.

holding lol...they can call this almost every down. when they miss a blatant example it looks even worse.

it also seems like the new thing is that the OL moves early on every down as well.  they're not even calling this one.

the whole.  "is it a catch" bs is lol as well

it's. a garbage product that needs to go full on xfl or rollerball.  which it never will.

• Upvote 2

Refs need to start being forced to stand for public pressers after the game.

They need to be answerable for these egregious / blatant hose jobs.

Seriously, Jets should hire their own PIs to investigate the ref who threw that flag and if he is in fact dirty, leak it to the press.

That is the only way things will change.

The League that hates the Jets cannot be trusted to do anything.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Refs know the down and distance and how to extend drives. The ref effectively determined the outcome there. They have too much control. 

Are you sure it wasn't really your Woody+Aliens+Sinister Politicians at work fixing it for some nefarious political reasons for Jet Blue?  Do YOU know where Neeleman was when that penalty was called?  

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What about that illegal man downfield?

That feels like a yard down the field like that never gets called.  

Am I wrong about that?  And that was a good call?

Tirico said "Oh, good call, it's obvious". But on the replay McGovern wasn't but a yard or 2 off the LOS. If that's an illegal man downfield, you could call that every play. Idea of the penalty is you don't want OL guys jumping up and picking defenders on a pass play under the pretense of blocking which Mcgovern wasn't doing at all. NBC simply backed that up like no biggie. it was subtle but refs gave the jets a good Rogering. As in Goodell. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Are you sure it wasn't really your Woody+Aliens+Sinister Politicians at work fixing it for some nefarious political reasons for Jet Blue?  Do YOU know where Neeleman was when that penalty was called?  

swing and a miss 

1 minute ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

the whole.  "is it a catch" bs is lol as well

Totally agree, should be simple like it used to be:

— 2 feet with possession

If ball comes out after, it’s a fumble 

None of this “surviving the ground” or having to also “make a football move” right after BS

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The game was over. I'm glad he did it.

There was 4 minutes left on the clock in a 3-point game. It most certainly was not over. The team completely lost their composure and gave up on the game right after that. It's on the coach to do better and keep the players in the game at that moment. Still a totally winnable game.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Did you watch that game last night? Just wondering...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

There was 4 minutes left on the clock in a 3-point game. It most certainly was not over. The team completely lost their composure and gave up on the game right after that. It's on the coach to do better and keep the players in the game at that moment. Still a totally winnable game.

Wrong. He went after the ref when Mahomes got the first down to effectively end the game. The sh*t before is what EVERY coach does after a terrible call, you're just not used to it after 10 years of Bowles/Gase/Meek Saleh. 

I'm glad he did it, and I'm glad Sauce said whet he did. Even KC fans are saying, "Yeah some of those calls/No-calls were something else... but we'll take it".

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

Did you watch that game last night? Just wondering...

Every play.

I'm just not a whiner homer who has to excuse my team's many and varied and obvious failures with baseless conspiracy theories and excuse making.  But yall do you.

Between the 10 threads on Bad Conspiring Refs, and the 10 threads on Zach Victory Laps for a game Zach blew with his backbreaking fumble, this forum is ******* unreadable today. 

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1