Sauce publicly calls out the ref

7 hours ago, Jolot said:

The most disgraceful night on sports history. This isn’t about blown calls or mistakes..the NFL rigged a game on national TV tonight to push a storyline about a pop star..WWE level sh%#t….they made it so obvious that it may backfire …they may have actually jumped the shark in terms of scripts and narratives. 

Agree, but the defense needs to learn how to close out teams on 3rd down... That alone was a back breaker last night.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

Everybody knew he was getting away with murder last year. Everybody knew they were going to call it more this year. Trying to make like this is an issue of fair warning just isn't honest.

It's honest enough if they let it go until the turning point of the game, a that after the ball is picked, and he wasn't murdering the receiver on that play. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't think that's likely. 

When refs get called out for bad calls - particularly against the game's top players - they more often keep flags in their pockets.

The league doesn't want that kind of publicity, which is the reason they fine players & coaches for criticizing them.

Regardless, they have to take these game-altering subjective terrible calls out of their hands. Yeah I know challenges eff up the game flow, but better that than this crap. 

3 point game, late in the 4th quarter, 3rd & 20, a desperation chuck & duck into triple coverage, it's picked off, and they take away the pick and give the offense a free new set of downs. And the Jets will get their bi-weekly apology from the league. 

IIRC, JFM got a BS call against him in the Patriot game last year on an INT.  (though, I think he had another last year where I thought he legit hit the QB late)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I know some folks are saying the Jets got some lucky calls too...and true but 4 first downs on penalties for the Chiefs, 2 of them on 3rd and long, and the Jets had 1 penalty for a first down and that's not even mentioning the amount of holds they let go on the LOS.

The Chiefs got the star treatment and the Jets were treated like the Jets.

It’s not the number of penalties but when they are called. Those non penalties and penalties let the chiefs keep the ball for the last four minutes of the game. Sure Zach shouldn’t have fumbled the snap but there was (or should’ve been) plenty of time to get the ball back.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I know some folks are saying the Jets got some lucky calls too...and true but 4 first downs on penalties for the Chiefs, 2 of them on 3rd and long, and the Jets had 1 penalty for a first down and that's not even mentioning the amount of holds they let go on the LOS.

The Chiefs got the star treatment and the Jets were treated like the Jets.

KC always gets the treatment, they are the newest pet of the league.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

image.thumb.png.19bd13c4a226a39d9625cbf454bad50f.png

I reacted to it after looking for just a second as well, but that was posted 3 years ago.

Anyway it's clearly photoshopped; either that or it's the most starched ref jersey in the history of the earth, and this oddly-muscular ref also wears his microphone & makes a duh-face when posing for a picture.

And somehow also owns an NFL cap with the logo backwards, too. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I reacted to it after looking for just a second as well, but that was posted 3 years ago.

Anyway it's clearly photoshopped; either that or it's the most starched ref jersey in the history of the earth, and this oddly-muscular ref also wears his microphone & makes a duh-face when posing for a picture.

And somehow also owns an NFL cap with the logo backwards, too. 

Yes it’s photoshopped, it’s a joke lol.. but relevant to what we saw last night 

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The auto 1st down on 3rd down makes no sense other than it gives the leagues/refs outcome control when they need it.

C'mon.  If they didn't make it an automatic first down, then defenses would hold every receiver on 3rd and long and live with the flag.  They can't even make it a spot foul because the hold happened well short of where the guy was trying to get and where the ball was going to be thrown.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Larz said:

The no holding call on JJ was outrageous and as mentioned, the timing of the sauce call is blatant.  He didn’t call it holding until he saw it was going to be picked. Awful. Such a shame 

True but the nfl helps the teams and players that make it money.  If the jets had rodgers playing maybe they don’t throw the flag on that pick.  

Or the jets can draft a good qb.  But they’re not helping wilson ever, not even on late hits. 

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

C'mon.  If they didn't make it an automatic first down, then defenses would hold every receiver on 3rd and long and live with the flag.  They can't even make it a spot foul because the hold happened well short of where the guy was trying to get and where the ball was going to be thrown.

I don’t see an issue with CBs being able to hold. 

The NFL is falling over itself with having Taylor Swift dating Kelce, after all she is being referred to as the greatest multi-generational talent in history . . . sorry I threw up in my mouth as I was writing that.

But I guess it could be worse, because if the Kardashians were into football players instead of basketball players, Kim Kardashian would be dating Kelce and we would have been watching her cheer on the Chiefs last night, and instead of Swift on the back of the jersey it would read Big Butt.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sauce needs to learn to play less handsy. He’s committing fouls on almost every play. Jets fans will refuse to see it, because blaming the Refs for losses is a thing we all love to do, but it’s gonna be a problem for him going forward.

Im amazed we didn’t get several roughing the passer calls tonight, as often as we were hitting Mahomes after he’d thrown the ball. The Refs easily could have called several the way the league tends to call that penalty nowadays, especially for its star QB’s.. 

No competition is all about winning physical battles always has been always will be.

The NFL pussified the league with these rules targeting their gambler and fantasy audience.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What about that illegal man downfield?

That feels like a yard down the field like that never gets called.  

Am I wrong about that?  And that was a good call?

You are not wrong. Almost never called. That was a drive killer.

45 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yea, I guess they should just be happy with the travesty of officiating during the last 10 minutes that may have cost them the game. Saying that bad reffing is part of the game is not an excuse and the NFL needs to be better.  The last 10 minutes of that game was blatant incompetence. 

I think the far bigger concern is if it wasn't incompetence.

• Upvote 2

Just now, OilfieldJet said:

That was unreal.

I honestly couldn’t believe it.  I’ve seen a lot of non calls in my life but he was literally grabbing onto JJ’s Jersey for day life in front of the ref.  Then on Sauce’s penalty they only call it 5 seconds after the pick 

• Upvote 1