***OFFICIAL*** Jamal Adams vs the G-Men Monday Night Thread

8 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

They made the playoffs last season and are 3-1.

You would be worshipping that front office if it was the Jets that accomplished that.

But instead you make excuses for a regime who fail every year here.

Where is anyone making excuses?  Where has anyone worshipped a regime? 
Both teams are not as talented as the Jets with decent QB play.   

I know that depresses you. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, chirorob said:

11 sacks

14 QB hits

When was the last time a QB got hit 25 times?  That doesn't include his running plays.

(Don't forget 10 tackles for loss)

It goes to show you that the entire giants offense is barkley running behind Thomas.  And jones is a fast qb too.  Wonder if the giants are rethinking the center thing now

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

It goes to show you that the entire giants offense is barkley running behind Thomas.  And jones is a fast qb too.  Wonder if the giants are rethinking the center thing now

Kayvon Thibodaux is stepping up this year, I thought Evan Neal would be good.  Wow

7 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

They made the playoffs last season and are 3-1.

You would be worshipping that front office if it was the Jets that accomplished that.

But instead you make excuses for a regime who fail every year here.

I mean, losing the guy you traded for to save your team 4 snaps into the season seems like a decent excuse to me, but maybe I'm wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time.  

Regardless, the Seahawks are never going to win anything with Geno.  It's just not going to happen.  The Jets could have signed Andy Dalton back in 2021 and drafted Jamarr Chase or Penei Sewell, and we'd be a "good" team right now.  Probably a playoff team.  We'd also scare no one and have no shot at going on a deep run.  No matter what, the Seahawks still have to find their longterm QB.  Until they do that, no one will see them as a legitimate contender.  

3 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Kayvon Thibodaux is stepping up this year, I thought Evan Neal would be good.  Wow

Neal is a slow footed tackle who can be exploited.  Kinda like a slower becton.  That’s why becton really belongs on the right side and if the jets don’t take a qb in round 1, it’s probably a true LT.  The problem with the giants is what lots of other teams have that make the playoffs with ok qbs, they overpay them and then realize they’re just average, at best.  And what if the giants get a top 5 pick, and can take someone like maye?  Now their finances enter into it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DireJet said:

Best athlete I’ve seen in a long time. 

Devon Witherspoon's stat line was incredible on Monday. He had 7 tackles, 3 QB hits, 2 sacks, one pick-six, 2 tackles for loss. He was the menace that the Giants could not stop. And we only have to remember that this was Witherspoon's third game in the NFL.

When was the last time anyone had a game like that?

3 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I mean, losing the guy you traded for to save your team 4 snaps into the season seems like a decent excuse to me, but maybe I'm wrong.  Wouldn't be the first time.  

Regardless, the Seahawks are never going to win anything with Geno.  It's just not going to happen.  The Jets could have signed Andy Dalton back in 2021 and drafted Jamarr Chase or Penei Sewell, and we'd be a "good" team right now.  Probably a playoff team.  We'd also scare no one and have no shot at going on a deep run.  No matter what, the Seahawks still have to find their longterm QB.  Until they do that, no one will see them as a legitimate contender.  

Trading for a 40 year old who was old and hurt last season, and who got hurt again this year isn't an excuse.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Remember when a sh*tload of Jets fans were going on about how great of a coach Daboll was and how the Giants were set for years?

Good stuff

Never understood it.  Daniel Jones' passing numbers were barely any different last season than they were the prior years.  

And his numbers when Barkley is out of the lineup have always been horrid.  

$40M a year for that doofus.  Have fun, Giants!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Devon Witherspoon's stat line was incredible on Monday. He had 7 tackles, 3 QB hits, 2 sacks, one pick-six, 2 tackles for loss. He was the menace that the Giants could not stop. And we only have to remember that this was Witherspoon's third game in the NFL.

Khalil Mack had 6 sacks, 10 tackles, 5 tackles for a loss, 4 QB hits, 2 forced fumbles on Sunday 

@Raideraholic must have been crazy watching him do this against the Raiders

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Even scarier that he only picked up the sport junior year of HS. He’s gonna have a long productive career. Barely any tread on those tires. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Trading for a 40 year old who was old and hurt last season, and who got hurt again this year isn't an excuse.

I mean if you want to break it down to that, sure.  We all know that's oversimplifying things though.  That "old and hurt" QB hadn't missed a game since 2017, and even 39 years old playing injured last year that still would have been one of the best statistical seasons a Jet QB has ever had.

So, yeah, it's pretty easy to be like "who didn't see this coming?" after it happens, when in reality no one was talking about major injury risks with Rodgers.  Anything even the most pessimistic fans were talking about is whether or not he was washed, but even those people agreed a "washed" Rodgers still probably gets us to the playoffs.

So yes....it's an excuse.  IMO, at least.  To each his own though.  

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You do. Constantly.

And you live in a fantasy.

I post about the game and post comments based on accepted football givens .
Not dumb assed comments that cry about how the team or players suck.  Basic whiney crap.  Want to debate, that’s fine.  Want to just call me whatever, GTFO

I guess couldn’t find the excuses whatever.  Just you found me saying the Jets have more talent with a competent WB than the Giants or Seahawks.   Guess that’s the fantasy you imagined.  

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

I mean if you want to break it down to that, sure.  We all know that's oversimplifying things though.  That "old and hurt" QB hadn't missed a game since 2017, and even 39 years old playing injured last year that still would have been one of the best statistical seasons a Jet QB has ever had.

So, yeah, it's pretty easy to be like "who didn't see this coming?" after it happens, when in reality no one was talking about major injury risks with Rodgers.  Anything even the most pessimistic fans were talking about is whether or not he was washed, but even those people agreed a "washed" Rodgers still probably gets us to the playoffs.

So yes....it's an excuse.  IMO, at least.  To each his own though.  

I don't think it holds water personally.

We were so poorly run that we had to make a desperation trade for a 40 year old QB who had the worst season of his career last season, and traded away valuable assets to do it.

And it blew up in our face. 

• Thumb Down 2

8 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I don't think it holds water personally.

We were so poorly run that we had to make a desperation trade for a 40 year old QB who had the worst season of his career last season, and traded away valuable assets to do it.

And it blew up in our face. 

Would bringing in Carr have been “desperation”?  We went for the proven guy. It didn’t work out, to this point at least. We traded two 2nds. Are we really going to act like this broke us?  

Again, if you’re the one guy who was against the Rodgers move all along, congrats I guess. 99% of the fanbase and people around the league seemed to think it was the right play. Not sure what we’re complaining about here other than just Monday morning QB nonsense.