All comes down to Saleh

JohnnyLV

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Zach is FAVRE. He is an emotional QB that feeds off of momentum and confidence. He is not a ball control game manager.

LOL.  You really don't know how good Favre was in his second year when he got his first start.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I have been saying forever that at least 50% of the issues with Zach was the offensive philosophy and play calling.

Zach is good at a wide open offense, wide splits, attacking the edge, playing off of motion RPO, rolling out and just letting it fly

For 25 games Zach has been forced into a RUN RUN PASS nightmare. Tight splits, mesh, attacking the middle of the field, static play design, running on 80% of first downs. All to "protect him" and not lose the game

Hackett and Zach and others went to Saleh will a game plan around what Zach is good at and it was approved.

Zach had his best game ever. Outplayed Mahomes.

But it was against the Chiefs.

Will Saleh force the offense back into RUN RUN PASS again or will he let Zach play.

Zach is FAVRE. He is an emotional QB that feeds off of momentum and confidence. He is not a ball control game manager.

It really comes down to whether or nor Saleh (who is ultra stubborn) will let the offense be aggessive especially on first down going forward. Unfortunately I expect Turtle tight split offense again this weekend and tons of 3 and outs.

Does Saleh call plays? 

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

LOL.  You really don't know how good Favre was in his second year when he got his first start.  

I do but have you ever seen videos on how Holmgren had to handle him? Not saying Zach is as good as Favre just that he is the same personality type and needs to be handled in a similar way.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I have been saying forever that at least 50% of the issues with Zach was the offensive philosophy and play calling.

We know, we've all been laughing at you.

22 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Zach is good at a wide open offense, wide splits, attacking the edge, playing off of motion RPO, rolling out and just letting it fly

What evidence is there to suggest any of this is true?

They only treat Zach like a game manager because every attempt to let him do more has ended with turnovers that sink the team. They didn't pick him 2nd overall to be a game manager. He has flopped in any other role and they think playing conservative on offense gives them the best chance to win -- i.e. like the Bills game.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I do but have you ever seen videos on how Holmgren had to handle him? Not saying Zach is as good as Favre just that he is the same personality type and needs to be handled in a similar way.  

Favre was a party animal, he didn't study, he drank heavily and he was supremely confident.  He had the exact opposite personality as Zach.  Zach is a choir boy, who works hard and is a teachers pet.  

The playcalling on offense has been conservative and predictable up to last week. I think Rodgers has Hackett's and Saleh's ears on this and encouraged them to play up to ZW's strengths and open up the playbook more last week. Denver is such a bad team that this is a good opportunity for ZW and the coaches to build confidence moving forward. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

For 25 games Zach has been forced into a RUN RUN PASS nightmare. Tight splits, mesh, attacking the middle of the field, static play design, running on 80% of first downs. All to "protect him" and not lose the game

Hackett and Zach and others went to Saleh will a game plan around what Zach is good at and it was approved.

Will Saleh force the offense back into RUN RUN PASS again or will he let Zach play.

It really comes down to whether or nor Saleh (who is ultra stubborn) will let the offense be aggessive especially on first down going forward. Unfortunately I expect Turtle tight split offense again this weekend and tons of 3 and outs.

mostly agree.  but that's what happens when they hired a newbie coach who didn't know much about the offense.  and this season, i think it has taken all this time for zach and hackett to get on the same page.  maybe the passing on first down is an illusion and zach will regress but there's also every reason that the whole team was invigorated by what the offense did. now what they have to do is start playing with a lead.  sometimes front running is harder than coming up from the rear.

I think there is something to the OP's point about Saleh. How many games has the team come out of the gate unprepared, disinterested, and not ready to compete in a football game on his watch? Dallas week 2 they sort of quit in the 2H. Denver 2 years ago they got shut out 23-0 or 26-0 I remember. Jax last year among others. Saleh is 1-10 in the last 11 or some crazy stat like that. While I agree the down-by-down play calling is Hackett's problem, Saleh is the HC and has to approve any change in offensive philosophy &/or operation. I am only hoping they do not read the press clippings about how they outplayed KC, think they are better than they actually are. I'll take 24-21, 17-10, or whatever the score winds up being -  just get a W. Scariest thing for me is the thought that this is a typical situation where the SOJ go out there and get embarrassed. Hoping this is not the SOJ and we come out healthy and with a W.

23 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Saleh is a good DC, CEO and cheerleader. 

23 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

He loses his job then since playing conservative on O too much with any D is not the way of the NFL these days.

On 10/4/2023 at 1:28 PM, JohnnyLV said:

Good grief

the Wilson fanboy way of saying Zach throws a lot of INTs 

Could have just used the cliche “gunslinger” but had to throw in the HOF QB reference