Official Hire Ben Johnson Thread - *After the season

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

What part of Zach not clocking the ball fast enough was on the HC?  
Defensive players getting caught for too many on the field is on the DC though Saleh should have called timeout. 
The Jets adjusted in the 2nd half,  as Saleh said they changed things up and forced Russ to play QB.  

Zach has a lower football IQ than my mother-in-law, but that's where the coaches need to step in and tell him to move with haste. But alas, Saleh's too busy cheerleading.

There was clear confusion on the defense. No one knew who needed to be where. Saleh had zero awareness to call a timeout before the offense got wind of it and snapped the ball to get free yards out. 

We have a bad coach. Again.

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Zach has a lower football IQ than my mother-in-law, but that's where the coaches need to step in and tell him to move with haste. But alas, Saleh's too busy cheerleading.

There was clear confusion on the defense. No one knew who needed to be where. Saleh had zero awareness to call a timeout before they offense got wind of it and snapped the ball to get free yards out of it. 

Saleh should have told ZW to hurry up?  
The D held Wilson to 60 yards passing in the first, he couldn’t complete down field passes all game.  The D forced him to try and win passing the ball in the 2nd half.  The adjustments worked, he couldn’t move the ball with his feet and couldn’t pass the ball.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

There was clear confusion on the defense. No one knew who needed to be where. Saleh had zero awareness to call a timeout before they offense got wind of it and snapped the ball to get free yards out of it. 

Zach is here 3 years and has been playing college and HS football for longer than that. he knows he has to run to the LOS. that football 101.

you never call a TO on a too many men on the field penetly. its only 5 yds, you save that TO for later. and with 5 mins left in the half he wanted all 3 TOs.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, let's hire a 3rd OC we can blame Zach Wilson's suckage on.

Hackett's gameplan yesterday was perfect, haters.

Hackett’s second half adjustments were excellent. He’s been good at changing things at the half. But his red zone Run-Run-Pass from the 10 play calls hurt us. He also goes into a shell after penalties. Usually calling an overlay simple vert concept or a run play. 

Also no one mentioned Zach until you did.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We win, score 31 and someone thinks mid season we’re going to a different OC?

Hey, let’s create the biggest clown show on history.  

5 Field Goals, a Safety, and a Scoop and Score by the Defense = 24 Points.

The Zach Wilson lead Offense: Breece Hall 70 Yard TD.

Gimme a break, fool.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Yes. They could have told him to move his ass if the previous play stayed in bounds. No one obviously did.

A QB needs to be told to clock the ball faster there?  ZW F’d up, probably thought he had enough time.  I have no idea if a coach or player was screaming hurry up or not.  It was a screwed up play.  I get it but this is a terrible game to complain about the HC.  The improved play in the second half, the job they did on Russ and taking the lead and winning isn’t a bad thing

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2023 at 11:30 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

5 Field Goals, a Safety, and a Scoop and Score by the Defense = 24 Points.

The Zach Wilson lead Offense: Breece Hall 70 Yard TD.

Gimme a break, fool.

GFY with the “fool” remark.  Go F’n bitch about how they scored 31 points to someone else who cares a$$hole 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

cause he isnt smart. lol

im wondering who is in his headset, Saleh or Hackett. Hackett calls the offensive plays and Saleh is a defensive guy. 

you might be blaming the wrong guy.

also i know its a 15 sec rule on when the headset gets shut off but they dont want coaches talking to them when there out of the huddle. could there be a different rule in a hurry up offense? just curious.

3 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I agree with the offensive mind stuff but this just gives me Gase/McDaniels/Staley vibes.  Young OCs who are clueless in managing a team.

Give me some experience if possible please.

It’s the risk you take. You can get shlubs you mention or a Shanahan/McDaniel/McVay. 

• Upvote 1

Unless Saleh chooses to leave (why would he) or Rodgers makes some huge power play to crush Saleh (also, why would he), the whole crew is back next year at least. I'm not a huge fan of the coaching staff but I'm not wasting time thinking about replacing a coach who is all but secured another year the second Rodgers went down.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

We win, score 31 and someone thinks mid season we’re going to a different OC?

Hey, let’s create the biggest clown show on history.  

The defense scored 9 of those points. The Jets offense has been pretty bad and hasn't scored more than 22 points in any game this year and that was against the league's worst defense. 

Against Buffalo the offense scored 16 points, Dallas 10 points, NE 10 points, KC 18 points, and Denver 22 points. Those are pretty lousy numbers. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, jetsfan4life72 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38508867/the-rise-detroit-lions-oc-ben-johnson?platform=amp

He is one of the best offensive minds AND coaches in the league. We need to offer him whatever he wants. No more defensive coordinators. No coaches who were recently fired. We need an up and coming offensive coach and who better than him right now? Goff is not playing at this level without him. And maybe he’ll bring over some of that offensive line success. 

If we had to choose between Rodgers and Saleh/Hackett or Rodgers retires/requests trade if we hire a new staff then I’m taking Ben Johnson over Rodgers. 

Aaron Rodgers is coming back. Hackett is his O\C. There is nothing actually to even discuss here. They aren't getting rid of Hackett.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The defense scored 9 of those points. The Jets offense has been pretty bad and hasn't scored more than 22 points in any game this year and that was against the league's worst defense. 

Against Buffalo the offense scored 16 points, Dallas 10 points, NE 10 points, KC 18 points, and Denver 22 points. Those are pretty lousy numbers. 

Who cares?  The defense didn’t score enough to win the game.  That’s why it’s a team, both offense and defense.  They scored enough to win.  
We’ve played the Bills, the Pats and the Chiefs.  All really good defenses.  We scored 22 against the Bills, you’re not saying they’re the leagues worst D, are you?  They scored 20 against the Chiefs.  You can separate the D from the O.  Never heard team ranked that way.  Never mind it’s all of 5 games.