Big Ticket dominates

Rhg1084

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s really nice to see the changes he made in his advisors, trainers, regimen and diet are paying off. He’s a kid, I’m as guilty as many of you for forgetting that, he’s doing a great job growing up. Seems less reactive to noise lately, too. Just handling business.

He doing what Dads are suppose to do. Get it done no matter what! Proud of him. 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully he can continue to get better and can stay healthy as this OL is getting beat up yet again. I still have concerns that he's the kind of guy that can only get motivated when he needs to be (contract year). If he winds up having a great year from this point on, I'd still be a bit reluctant to sign him long term. will be interesting to see how the team handles the situation next offseason.

5 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Hopefully he can continue to get better and can stay healthy as this OL is getting beat up yet again. I still have concerns that he's the kind of guy that can only get motivated when he needs to be (contract year). If he winds up having a great year from this point on, I'd still be a bit reluctant to sign him long term. will be interesting to see how the team handles the situation next offseason.

The bye week came just in time for Joe Douglas to make an assessment, in order to upgrade a position or replace injured players. 

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s really nice to see the changes he made in his advisors, trainers, regimen and diet are paying off. He’s a kid, I’m as guilty as many of you for forgetting that, he’s doing a great job growing up. Seems less reactive to noise lately, too. Just handling business.

Well said, the bold part also applies to Zach Wilson!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Same Old Jets said:

The bye week came just in time for Joe Douglas to make an assessment in order to upgrade a position or replace injured players. 

Yep, it's not going to be at QB for those who believe that is a possibility.

But it could and probably should be on the OL.  Even with Tippmann injured, the IOL might be OK with Schweitzer filling in until the young stud returns.  Right Tackle screams upgrade.   

59 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

A healthy Becton is worth an extension.

Joe Douglas immediate focus should be extending Becton and Huff while cutting Lawson.  Saleh should promote Ruckert and Abinikanda while demoting Uzomah and Cook respectively. 

I believe JD will extend at least one of them, if not both. They can only use the franchise tag on one of them. So getting a deal done will be paramount.

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

I will never forget Baldy was the one guy who didn't rag on us when we were at the bottom of the barrel (or 2nd to Jax).  He did several of those "here's a bright spot for Jet fans" videos of Becton.

Similarly, I'm remembering Dan Orlovsky speaking positively about ZW when everyone hated the guy (I think this was after the Patriots game).  He said something like "you can't tell me he doesn't have talent if he can make this throw".  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Still giving up some negative plays, another sack yesterday 

Be careful saying that!

According to some genius pundits on this board, the o line does not give up sacks when #2 is at QB. If Zach is sacked, it is 100% on him apparently.

Back to reality—Becton is looking really good. He absolutely has got the QB sacked, but if he keeps improving, he is going to continue to be a beast.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s not a kid though 

• Sympathy 1