I Was Wrong ...

KRL

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because he ******* sucks and is weighing down my favorite football team for a third consecutive season. This is not exceedingly complicated. 

T0m, you fancy yourself a smart person, be smart. He is not weighing down any team, the HC who is playing him is weighing down your favorite team, direct your hate at him. Some people suck at things, its ok, whats not ok is relying on someone who sucks when you have better options, youre smarter than this, you have told me this many times

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Why do we even need to do a comparison. The self proclaimed experts here have made their minds up from the day he was drafted , nothing short of a miraculous turnaround in his career is going to change that perception.  Why can't we just say the Jets won are 4-3 and still in playoff contention as Nov approaches and be happy with it. 

I'm ecstatic that the record is 4-3 and I've generally stayed away from these types of threads. The point of the comparison is that the usual suspects here are claiming that Zach "played well" and I'm trying to understand what a poor performance looks like for these posters. 

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

T0m, you fancy yourself a smart person, be smart. He is not weighing down any team, the HC who is playing him is weighing down your favorite team, direct your hate at him. Some people suck at things, its ok, whats not ok is relying on someone who sucks when you have better options, youre smarter than this, you have told me this many times

Frank, I would love nothing more than for Zach Wilson to get himself away from the combination dumpster fire/meat grinder that is the New York Jets organization. He seems like a nice young man with a bright future, and because of that he never had a chance here. I would be very pleased to see him take his $30 million dollars and back up a real quarterback in Arizona or San Fran next year. That said, he’s here now, he sucks, and this dipsh*t org is running him out there every week, so we get to complain about that until he’s gone. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If Wilson were even close to average we’d love him.  

Can you imagine?

We're 4-3, and Zach is rated 15th in the NFL with a 67% comp. rate, 2,100+ yards passing well on his way perhaps to a 4,000+ yard year, 13 TD's, 8 INT's, 240-260 YPG, and a 90+ QB rating?

He'd be beloved here for just being......average.  I wish he were at that level.  That would be improvement to crow about, and a basis, perhaps, for hope for a brighter future about.

The stats above, btw, are Sam Howell, 16th rated QB in the NFL at current, 5th round pick on the crumbling, fire-sale Commanders, a guy who may not even be a starter for that team next year as it enters a what could be a full blown rebuild.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm ecstatic that the record is 4-3 and I've generally stayed away from these types of threads. The point of the comparison is that the usual suspects here are claiming that Zach "played well" and I'm trying to understand what a poor performance looks like for these posters. 

In the context of Sunday's game was it really a poor performance though  ?  I can shudder to think what some of you would say if you were Giants fans. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

This board was still sh*tting all over Tua when he was putting up stats that this franchise hasn’t seen since Fitzpatrick. Jets fans would be calling for a statue if Zach could play average.

Do you think Tua's #'s would look the same in this offense and playing behind this OL. 

9 hours ago, maury77 said:

Here are all the box scores for week 8: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/

If you don't think Zach was bad against the Giants, please point to one of the other quarterbacks that played last week who were bad in your opinion and tell us why Zach was better. 

Half those other QBs lost their games, while ZW won his.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

And you continue to blame the wrong person as well. Why do you hate Saleh? Is it because he's Lebanese or Muslim?

Oh, here ya go:

chain-of-command.thumb.webp.3fb56d2e0b9a0515faa053d0dfc79228.webp

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

This can’t be accurate. I was told today by a Jets fan, one that uses his eyes, that there are 10 worse QBs than Zach Wilson.

Couple of things at play here:

1. Jets Twitter *always* rallies around Zach Wilson. It’s good for blue-check engagement and the fans want to have something to believe in, so the Nania’s and Blewett’s of the world are deeply incentivized to churn out videos isolating a few Zach throws they think they can sell as indicators of future elite play. Nania, in particular, knows better, and is aware of the statistics, but Jets X-Factor is also Nania’s job and the rent never stops coming. 

2. Jets are on Monday Night next week and on the Black Friday Game in two weeks. The networks thought they were getting Rodgers, and now they’re getting the worst starting QB in football, so there’s an effort to portray Zach Wilson as a marketable up and comer to the national audience who won’t know any better. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because he ******* sucks and is weighing down my favorite football team for a third consecutive season. This is not exceedingly complicated. 

Just needs a bit more time to develop! Most of the Jets are like Elon beaming starlink from ******* space and then we’ve got a dial-up QB. 

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is he really weighing it down this year though?  How much better of a record would we have had with Trevor Siemian?

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is he really weighing it down this year though?  How much better of a record would we have had with Trevor Siemian?

Valid point. It’s also a good thing we didn’t waste the #2 overall pick on Trevor (guys named Trevor don’t get drafted #2 overall, FYI). 

7 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This is brutal.   Everyone is right, and wrong, at the same time… 

Zach can make some high level throws and is doing it more often now than ever.  

Zach still doesn’t process fast enough and displays poor situational awareness.

/end thread

He is the same guy. Game at Pittsburgh last year comes to mind. Awful for most of the game and pulls it out of his ass late. I’ll admit he does have a flair for the dramatic but it can’t be depended on for a serious team. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Couple of things at play here:

1. Jets Twitter *always* rallies around Zach Wilson. It’s good for blue-check engagement and the fans want to have something to believe in, so the Nania’s and Blewett’s of the world are deeply incentivized to churn out videos isolating a few Zach throws they think they can sell as indicators of future elite play. Nania, in particular, knows better, and is aware of the statistics, but Jets X-Factor is also Nania’s job and the rent never stops coming. 

2. Jets are on Monday Night next week and on the Black Friday Game in two weeks. The networks thought they were getting Rodgers, and now they’re getting the worst starting QB in football, so there’s an effort to portray Zach Wilson as a marketable up and comer to the national audience who won’t know any better. 

Sunday Night too in there. 3 national tv games in a row here.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DireJet said:

He is the same guy. Game at Pittsburgh last year comes to mind. Awful for most of the game and pulls it out of his ass late. I’ll admit he does have a flair for the dramatic but it can’t be depended on for a serious team. 

If Gano doesn’t miss the kick we’re looking at the same meltdown as after last years Patriots game where Saleh was forced to admit that they weren’t fielding a professional quarterback.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Now do it with Tim Boyle. No one knows what we have with him. He's an enigma. He could be that diamond in the rough! Free Timmy!

Tim Boyle?  Come on now.