NFL Enterprise:

NFL Network, NFL.com and NFL Sunday Ticket

Licensing deals, such as “official sponsors of the NFL”

Ticket sales (40% of gross)

Local revenue, which goes to the local team, consists of:

Ticket sales (60% of gross)

Concessions and parking, which are split between the team and stadium ownership

Corporate sponsorships with the local team

Tickets sales are split between the home team, which gets 60% of the gate, with the remaining 40% going into a shared pool that is split across all teams. This helps negates the impact of poor attendance on individual teams, such as the Redskins.

2018 Estimate of Shared Revenue Sources

CategoryAmount

TV Deals$5.1B

NFL Ventures$1.4B

NFL Enterprise$2.3B

Ticket Sales$330M

We know from the 2018 Green Bay Packers’ financial report that the league provided $274.3M in shared revenue per team. Multiplying that amount by 32 teams yields a net total shared revenue pool of $8.8B. The estimate of shared revenue from various sources is around $9.1B, so the difference between the two values means that league expenses are around $300M.

While every team gets an equal of the national revenue, the local revenue can vary greatly based on the size and type of the stadium, ticket sales, how much of the concession/parking revenue the team gets and the value of the team’s corporate sponsorships. In 2018, the Packers had $203.7M in local revenue for a total revenue of $489M. Economic experts who track sports league finances have estimated some teams  have much higher total revenues than the Packers.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 3

Nope.  They figured this out in 1961

Revenue sharing  
National revenue, which is shared across all 32 teams, consists of:
TV deals with the various networks
NFL Ventures:
Merchandising; Fanatics is the lead NFL partner on this
NFL Enterprise:
NFL Network, NFL.com and NFL Sunday Ticket
Licensing deals, such as “official sponsors of the NFL”
Ticket sales (40% of gross)
Local revenue, which goes to the local team, consists of:
Ticket sales (60% of gross)
Concessions and parking, which are split between the team and stadium ownership
Corporate sponsorships with the local team
Tickets sales are split between the home team, which gets 60% of the gate, with the remaining 40% going into a shared pool that is split across all teams. This helps negates the impact of poor attendance on individual teams, such as the Redskins.
2018 Estimate of Shared Revenue Sources
CategoryAmount
TV Deals$5.1B
NFL Ventures$1.4B
NFL Enterprise$2.3B
Ticket Sales$330M
We know from the 2018 Green Bay Packers’ financial report that the league provided $274.3M in shared revenue per team. Multiplying that amount by 32 teams yields a net total shared revenue pool of $8.8B. The estimate of shared revenue from various sources is around $9.1B, so the difference between the two values means that league expenses are around $300M.
While every team gets an equal of the national revenue, the local revenue can vary greatly based on the size and type of the stadium, ticket sales, how much of the concession/parking revenue the team gets and the value of the team’s corporate sponsorships. In 2018, the Packers had $203.7M in local revenue for a total revenue of $489M. Economic experts who track sports league finances have estimated some teams  have much higher total revenues than the Packers.

So you're saying that a boycott would have no effect. Even with everything you said we make some difference. Have an empty stadium on opening day. That would send a message

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Unmitigated disaster 

just realized they can’t fire Saleh and Douglas right now because Rodgers will essentially be hiring their replacements 

No way Woody signs off on new hires that the “HOF QB” doesn’t approve of

The franchise is saddled with Lazard, Rodgers and the schmo GM and HC for at least another year 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Could you imagine 5000 fans or less on opening day? With the a full tailgate crowd outside but not coming in? Would be "message sent". I live 2000 miles away but the Jets don't get a dime from me. So it's easy for me to say

I like this

rather than sell the rivkets

eat them

dont go in

”DONT GO IN”

our new war. You can still get robbed and save your psl and you can still hang out with your kids

Just don’t go in

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Unmitigated disaster 

just realized they can’t can Saleh and Douglas right now because Rodgers will essentially be hiring them 

The franchise is saddled with Lazard, Rodgers and the schmo GM and HC for at least another year 

FWIW, they asked Rodgers directly how he’d respond if the Jets fired anyone and Rodgers replied that it was above his pay grade, but he thinks they can get where they want to go with the current staff. I don’t think Rodgers would be as much of a roadblock to change as some think.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

So you're saying that a boycott would have no effect. Even with everything you said we make some difference. Have an empty stadium on opening day. That would send a message

Well the seats would already be bought and paid for and most likely sold to the fans of the road team so no 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, they asked Rodgers directly how he’d respond if the Jets fired anyone and Rodgers replied that it was above his pay grade, but he thinks they can get where they want to go with the current staff. I don’t think Rodgers would be as much of a roadblock to change as some think.

But what’s the risk of him coming out of the darkness and wanting to play for the new guys ?   It’s not his veto woody is thinking about as much as him retiring 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

God, I hope you are right 

FWIW, I do think Rodgers is hella motivated and will play well for us, but this staff ain’t the answer.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

But what’s the risk of him coming out of the darkness and wanting to play for the new guys ?   It’s not his veto woody is thinking about as much as him retiring 

Worst case, Rodgers retires and the Jets eat $60 mil in dead cap, but they’re doing so with the 4th or 5th pick in the draft. So, say you fire Saleh, Rodgers leaves, you have that cap burden, and you have an uncomfortable year with Jacoby Brissett in front of Jayden Daniels at QB. The Packers are doing something similar—Rodgers is costing them $40 mil this season. It’s hardly the end of the world

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Unmitigated disaster 

just realized they can’t can Saleh and Douglas right now because Rodgers will essentially be hiring them 

You just realized this??  

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Worst case, Rodgers retires and the Jets eat $60 mil in dead cap, but they’re doing so with the 4th or 5th pick in the draft. So, say you fire Saleh, Rodgers leaves, you have that cap burden, and you have an uncomfortable year with Jacoby Brissett in front of Jayden Daniels at QB. The Packers are doing something similar—Rodgers is costing them $40 mil this season. It’s hardly the end of the world

And it’s not your money or mine. Hard to see woody risking only getting 4 plays out of Rodgers. The most likely result is a small sacrifice like Kieth Carter. 

36 minutes ago, sciond said:

meh I will still watch every play

I haven’t missed a snap since 1995. I’m skipped funerals, weddings, parties, dates. I will watch the redzone channel next week which means I’ll probably get to see the Jets for a total of 10 seconds. 

This team is not entertaining. It’s boring. They’re hard to watch and it’s actual torture. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I haven’t missed a snap since 1995. I’m skipped funerals, weddings, parties, dates. I will watch the redzone channel next week which means I’ll probably get to see the Jets for a total of 10 seconds. 

This team is not entertaining. It’s boring. They’re hard to watch and it’s actual torture. 
X1000