All Gas No Balls

Maxman

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hackett is bad needs to go ASAP but so is the entire offense even Hall G Wilson seem to have fallen into the black hole…. The D is so full of energy playmakers talent the offense has nothing…..

Garrett should stop running routes and fall into the black hole. He would be closer to the ending point of those Tim Boyle passes.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

Watch the all 22 - Its interesting. Garrett Wilson is open the entire game, while Tim Boyle is checking down or throwing to no one. Then, Same with Siemian. I am not so sure that Hackett is the problem. An average QB gets the ball to Wilson today for 2 TDs. We don't have an average QB.

The problem isn't Hackett or Saleh. Its the fact that Aaron Rodgers got hurt and Joe Douglas didnt provide us with a better option, to back him up.

We don't know what plays Hackett is calling. They aren't all check downs, I promise you that. He isn't a good OC. Don't get me wrong. But our QB's are putrid. We are blaming the wrong guy.

Hackett is by FAR the worst oc in the league, it is not close.   Guys are not running free all game, his play design and play calling is ridiculously terrible.  He was just as bad last year in Denver.

But no worries for his fans his job is 100% safe.

• Upvote 2

I am convinced now more than ever that good ecosystems produce good QBs and ultimately lead to winning.

So of course the Packers continue to not have a lull at QB, with Love at least looking like a functional starter, while the Jets continue to flail around for 50+ years.

Talent is obviously essential but coaching and management and ownership set the tone for everything.

”Draft and develop” is the way to go.

The Jets’ GMs always pay lip service to it only to either miss on the talent eval or reach for a quick fix when they sense their jobs are on the line.

• Upvote 2

The best thing I saw today was Ronnie winning his 8th UK Championship and 22nd major and 40th ranking title. Not sure we have any other snooker fans. 

It was a super exciting final. 

But I also watched the Jets game and the Jets offense is just not even trying. They all need to be fired tomorrow. I don't care if Woody promised them to be back after Rodgers went down but there is no way you can bring this group back. I think I'd rather have a root canal, yet I tune in every week.

Snooker literally saved my day.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The offense is a train wreck, we know this. The QB play is disgusting, we know this.

We also know these performances are unacceptable.

Can't fire anyone now, and you have changed all the QBs.

1. Keep Siemian out there he is the only one of the current three that ever had a good stretch in the NFL.

2. Change the play caller. I don't care who gets it, just can't be Hackett.

Change something. All Gas No Break is the motto. Let's see.

its not only the play calling its the entire offensive design. Most predictable offense I have ever seen. How many times did Breece Hall get gang tackled on a screen ? on an out side run ? this offense fools no one its terrible

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Here is what we know, these HOF QBs want puppet O\Cs at the end of their career to stay out of their way.

Saw it with Petyon and here it is again.

Woody after hearing about this new built in excuse to make Zach the back up next year.

Well you know Hackett was pretty bad

good-good-evil.gif

After a first down pass that falls incomplete, what are the odds that the next play is a run? I'd bet my life that it's closer to 100% than to 75%. If I know this, and everyone in the stadium knows this, what are the odds that defenses know this?

I'd say 100%. Nathaniel Hackett is an utter joke.

11 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Watch the all 22 - Its interesting. Garrett Wilson is open the entire game, while Tim Boyle is checking down or throwing to no one. Then, Same with Siemian. I am not so sure that Hackett is the problem. An average QB gets the ball to Wilson today for 2 TDs. We don't have an average QB.

The problem isn't Hackett or Saleh. Its the fact that Aaron Rodgers got hurt and Joe Douglas didnt provide us with a better option, to back him up.

We don't know what plays Hackett is calling. They aren't all check downs, I promise you that. He isn't a good OC. Don't get me wrong. But our QB's are putrid. We are blaming the wrong guy.

Zach at the least got GW the ball

• More Ugh 1

the long bomb is a higher percent play than advertised what with constant threat of PI. throw a few for cryin out tears. look at mahomes last nite he threw late a few times right down the pipe and if refs didnt blow the call (not the hail mary, the earlier play downfield) they were in striking distance. i'm shocked they didnt get PI but maybe too obvious as they already gave kc the personal foul on clean sideline hit on the precious gazoo helmeted superstar.

So if the all 22 is pointing to the qb and is common across the 3 of them, then it is all on jd for failing to have a viable backup to rodgers

great now how do you make sure that does not happen next year?

fire jd but keep saleh and Hackett? Doubt a new gm is signing up for that

hire someone who oversees player acquisition?

not a terrible idea although a competent gm should be able to do that.

let’s say they do that? Who is deciding on the right person - woody?

back to square one

what a disaster this org is and continues to be

• Post of the Week 1

10 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I am convinced now more than ever that good ecosystems produce good QBs and ultimately lead to winning.

So of course the Packers continue to not have a lull at QB, with Love at least looking like a functional starter, while the Jets continue to flail around for 50+ years.

Talent is obviously essential but coaching and management and ownership set the tone for everything.

”Draft and develop” is the way to go.

The Jets’ GMs always pay lip service to it only to either miss on the talent eval or reach for a quick fix when they sense their jobs are on the line.

I've said it for a while that coaching really matters. People point out players like Burrow who seem to be successful despite their coach but most of the time new QBs won't be successful unless they have a good ecosystem, like you said. The Trevor Lawrence difference with Meyer and Pederson is a great example of this. And, as you also pointed out, the Green Bay Packers in the last 30-40 years are also a great example. Maybe one day the Jets will cultivate this ecosystem.