2024 Mock Drafts

Right now I wouldn't be surprised if it's:

1. CHI: Harrison Jr, WR

2. WAS: Williams, QB

3. NE:  Maye, QB

4. ARI:  Fashanu, LT

5. NYG:  Daniels, QB

6. LAC:  Bowers, TE

...after that, I could see Tennessee go with either Alt or Nabers.  Both would fill major needs and help their young QB.  Regardless, we gotta take whoever is leftover.  Best case, Arizona goes defense at 4 and we have our choice between Nabers OR one of the LTs.

43 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

...after that, I could see Tennessee go with either Alt or Nabers.  Both would fill major needs and help their young QB.  Regardless, we gotta take whoever is leftover.  Best case, Arizona goes defense at 4 and we have our choice between Nabers OR one of the LTs.

Chargers and tennessee going OT.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

I think he transfers actually.

That I haven't heard, but it's possible for sure.

I work in his home town, I don't know him, I do know a lot of people who played with him.  (Also Greg McElroy's hometown)

22 hours ago, bonkertons said:

This is an interesting mock. 

A few thoughts.

I think Daniels will skyrocket up draft boards while Williams will drop. in this scenario, if CHI passes on a QB and stays at #1 overall taking MHJ. I think WAS takes Daniels. NE still takes Maye. 

I can't see ARI taking a T with Paris Johnson and DJ Humphries on the roster. All while having a massive need at WR. I think if anything it will be Nabers. 

Then the Giants will have an opportunity to take Williams. But I actually think he will slide further. I think the Giants have invested big in Danny Dimes and don't actually plan on moving on from him. Instead, they will probably be building around him. In this scenario, they have the top OT fall right in their laps. I think Fashanu is the pick.

With Alt sitting there at 6 and Fashanu off the board, I think the LAC will run to the podium to hand in their card and snatch the second best OT (arguably the best OT) and slide him right in at the RT position across from Slater. Time to properly protect Herbert before you get him killed.

With both LTs gone, I think Tenn will seriously consider Bowers. I think they could go defense with so much defensive talent still on the board. Heck, we may see a trade for Williams, who is still sliding- maybe even CHI decides to move up, hopping the Falcons and NYJ to take Caleb? But the safe play would be JC Latham, who I think will skyrocket up draft boards as the draft approaches. He is an absolute monster and Tenn is desperate for a T. 

So where does that leave the Jets at 8? Assuming Tenn takes JC Latham? Not in a very good spot if you ask me. They can roll the dice on Caleb Williams (this will never happen). They can trade the pick with a team that wants Caleb Williams (what team? if he is sliding anyway). They can take a guy like Bowers, who does not fill a major need. They can reach for an OT like Fuaga or Mims. Or they can take the next best WR like Odunze. They would be in a very tough spot. I would probably go Bowers.   

21 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Chargers and tennessee going OT.  

Agree. This is why the Jets need to lose to the Pats and hope they get some help this Sunday. We do not want to be selecting 8th. We want to be 6th, which is very much attainable. 

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

This is an interesting mock. 

A few thoughts.

I think Daniels will skyrocket up draft boards while Williams will drop. in this scenario, if CHI passes on a QB and stays at #1 overall taking MHJ. I think WAS takes Daniels. NE still takes Maye. 

I can't see ARI taking a T with Paris Johnson and DJ Humphries on the roster. All while having a massive need at WR. I think if anything it will be Nabers. 

Then the Giants will have an opportunity to take Williams. But I actually think he will slide further. I think the Giants have invested big in Danny Dimes and don't actually plan on moving on from him. Instead, they will probably be building around him. In this scenario, they have the top OT fall right in their laps. I think Fashanu is the pick.

With Alt sitting there at 6 and Fashanu off the board, I think the LAC will run to the podium to hand in their card and snatch the second best OT (arguably the best OT) and slide him right in at the RT position across from Slater. Time to properly protect Herbert before you get him killed.

With both LTs gone, I think Tenn will seriously consider Bowers. I think they could go defense with so much defensive talent still on the board. Heck, we may see a trade for Williams, who is still sliding- maybe even CHI decides to move up, hopping the Falcons and NYJ to take Caleb? But the safe play would be JC Latham, who I think will skyrocket up draft boards as the draft approaches. He is an absolute monster and Tenn is desperate for a T. 

So where does that leave the Jets at 8? Assuming Tenn takes JC Latham? Not in a very good spot if you ask me. They can roll the dice on Caleb Williams (this will never happen). They can trade the pick with a team that wants Caleb Williams (what team? if he is sliding anyway). They can take a guy like Bowers, who does not fill a major need. They can reach for an OT like Fuaga or Mims. Or they can take the next best WR like Odunze. They would be in a very tough spot. I would probably go Bowers.   

Agree. This is why the Jets need to lose to the Pats and hope they get some help this Sunday. We do not want to be selecting 8th. We want to be 6th, which is very much attainable. 

Even if the jets lose they could wind up 8th, and they need to be 6th to sniff the 2 LTs.  If not they go RT, it’s a great year to get a tackle, it just may be a right tackle 

19 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Even if the jets lose they could wind up 8th, and they need to be 6th to sniff the 2 LTs.  If not they go RT, it’s a great year to get a tackle, it just may be a right tackle 

If the Jets lose at least they have a shot to draft one of the two LTs. Tenn plays Jax, Chargers play KC at home - who will be resting all of their starters, Giants play the Eagles at home - who will be resting all of their starters. One of these terrible teams HAS to win lolol. It should not be the Jets. If just one of them win, the Jets move up. That could be the difference. Even just hopping ahead of Tenn could be HUGE.

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

If the Jets lose at least they have a shot to draft one of the two LTs. Tenn plays Jax, Chargers play KC at home - who will be resting all of their starters, Giants play the Eagles at home - who will be resting all of their starters. One of these terrible teams HAS to win lolol. It should not be the Jets. If just one of them win, the Jets move up. That could be the difference. Even just hopping ahead of Tenn could be HUGE.

All those teams we need to win, will win. And the jets will also win and screw it up. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PepPep said:

Philly likely has nothing to play for if the Cowboys take care of business against the Commanders, but if the Cowboys lose then the Eagles win the NFC East with a win. Given the games are happening at the same time and that possibility exists, I don’t think they’ll rest their starters.

Although as the top wild card team I think they get the NFC South winner in the first round which isn’t bad. Probably better to be the 2 or 3 seed, get a home game or two, and avoid SF in the divisional round though.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barton said:

All those teams we need to win, will win. And the jets will also win and screw it up. 

And then all the teams the Jets need to win to avoid moving down in the draft order (Atlanta, Chicago, Vegas, potentially Minnesota) will lose.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I don't agree with this.  There's been rumors that the LTs might fall.  Even if they don't and everything goes according to plan, you're 100% going to see Williams, Maye, and Harrison Jr go top-4.  You'll most likely see Daniels get taken by the Giants at 5, or another team moving up.  That's 4 guys who are a lock to go before we pick.  After that it can go a number of different ways.  IMO the Chargers and Titans are just as likely to add a weapon as they are a LT.  The Cards could very easily go defense, even if they don't trade down.  There are a couple of high-end edge rushers at the top of the draft plus Newton who is head and shoulders the best DT and could shoot up boards.  Add in Bowers who is a wild card, if a team(like the Chargers) fall in love with him they could easily take him between 5-10.  He certainly has the talent worthy of a pick that high.  Any knock on him comes down to the position he plays and the historical value of TEs.

Talking like there is 0% chance one of the LTs lasts just isn't accurate.  There's always the chance they don't last.  It's the draft, anything can happen.  I wouldn't be surprised if one does though.   If for some reason they don't, that's just as well IMO, because it means a guy like Nabers probably falls into our lap.  He should be just as valuable to us as either Alt or Fashanu.  

...but yes, LT would be the preference.  I'm not taking a RT over Nabers or Bowers though.  All things considered that should be a much easier need to address than LT, and passing on an elite talent to solve that spot would be a mistake.  If you're dead set on taking a tackle no matter what, trade back and let someone pay the price to take Nabers or Bowers(or Penix, for that matter).  Move down, take Latham or Fuaga or Mims, and then go WR in the 2nd.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I don't agree with this.  There's been rumors that the LTs might fall.  Even if they don't and everything goes according to plan, you're 100% going to see Williams, Maye, and Harrison Jr go top-4.  You'll most likely see Daniels get taken by the Giants at 5, or another team moving up.  That's 4 guys who are a lock to go before we pick.  After that it can go a number of different ways.  IMO the Chargers and Titans are just as likely to add a weapon as they are a LT.  The Cards could very easily go defense, even if they don't trade down.  There are a couple of high-end edge rushers at the top of the draft plus Newton who is head and shoulders the best DT and could shoot up boards.  Add in Bowers who is a wild card, if a team(like the Chargers) fall in love with him they could easily take him between 5-10.  He certainly has the talent worthy of a pick that high.  Any knock on him comes down to the position he plays and the historical value of TEs.

Talking like there is 0% chance one of the LTs lasts just isn't accurate.  There's always the chance they don't last.  It's the draft, anything can happen.  I wouldn't be surprised if one does though.   If for some reason they don't, that's just as well IMO, because it means a guy like Nabers probably falls into our lap.  He should be just as valuable to us as either Alt or Fashanu.  

...but yes, LT would be the preference.  I'm not taking a RT over Nabers or Bowers though.  All things considered that should be a much easier need to address than LT, and passing on an elite talent to solve that spot would be a mistake.  If you're dead set on taking a tackle no matter what, trade back and let someone pay the price to take Nabers or Bowers(or Penix, for that matter).  Move down, take Latham or Fuaga or Mims, and then go WR in the 2nd.

I think I agree with the gist of this - if I can sum it up, adding the best offensive talent they can trumps purely adding on the OL. And if the goal becomes to add on the OL, they should be able to manage to drop down a little and still accomplish that.

Ultimately depends where they pick.

I think regarding OL - let's say the special offensive player are off the board and a team wants to come up for Dallas Turner. And let's say they add Bakhtiari and a RT/swing tackle in FA. Moving down and taking Troy Fautanu who it seems can play LT but also could project to guard might be a nice move. Stick him at LT if Bakhtiari is hurt, see whether the best 5 has Fautanu at LG replacing Tomlinson or RT in competition with whatever FA tackle/Warren - and have the idea of him playing LT down the road. Extra pick to take another offensive player day two. Would tick a lot of boxes.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I predict both the chargers and titans are ahead of the jets, and both teams go OL.  If the jets are 8th, i think there’s not a great chance of a top 2 LT there at 8, assuming both of these teams are picking in the top 7.  I do agree the giants and pats are going offense, giants wr and pats qb.  Of course maybe one of those 2 LTs fall, but i don’t love the odds.  Maybe the chargers go wr or bowers like you say b/c their wr situation is in flux.  I guess it’s possible.  Favorite wr is nabers, the guy is amazing.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I predict both the chargers and titans are ahead of the jets, and both teams go OL.  If the jets are 8th, i think there’s not a great chance of a top 2 LT there at 8, assuming both of these teams are picking in the top 7.  I do agree the giants and pats are going offense, giants wr and pats qb.  Of course maybe one of those 2 LTs fall, but i don’t love the odds.  Maybe the chargers go wr or bowers like you say b/c their wr situation is in flux.  I guess it’s possible.  Favorite wr is nabers, the guy is amazing.  

I think you may be right.  Jets will pick 8th most likely and theres a chance that the big name LT's as of now are gone.  The question is which ones move up as we get closer to draft time.  

My gut tells me we stay put at 8 and even if its a slight reach, we take the OT.  But if theres no one there we desperately need to trade down.  Too many holes to fix with no 2nd or at least another 3rd.  I think moving down a little to draft one of those 2nd tier OT's is the more palatable option IMO than reaching but we'd have to see.  

If all else fails draft Nabers and dont look back.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I think you may be right.  Jets will pick 8th most likely and theres a chance that the big name LT's as of now are gone.  The question is which ones move up as we get closer to draft time.  

My gut tells me we stay put at 8 and even if its a slight reach, we take the OT.  But if theres no one there we desperately need to trade down.  Too many holes to fix with no 2nd or at least another 3rd.  I think moving down a little to draft one of those 2nd tier OT's is the more palatable option IMO than reaching but we'd have to see.  

If all else fails draft Nabers and dont look back.  

Who do you like as WR3?

Nabers would be awesome. I think he’d be an outstanding fit with Wilson, really help the offense take a jump. Maybe they move up a little with a loss and have a chance.

• Upvote 2

I think we need to have some mocks on here where - 1. Alt, Fashanu, Daniels, etc. do NOT magically fall to us at 8. Cuz that's just not happening. If you are using a simulator, just avoid the guy who obviously wouldn't be there if this was reality. Yes, I've done a number of mock simulations where Fashanu is sitting there at 8. No way that is reality. 2. No trades. I see all these convenient trade down scenarios. It's so hard to execute a great trade down. And these simulators make it so easy. Let's just see how we fair without trades.   

Here is my best shot at it:

Rd. 1 pick 8: JC Latham - OT

I'm taking 3rd best o-lineman on the board. This is a guy who's stock I think will increase as the draft approaches. The gap between him and Alt/Fashanu will tighten. His only real downside is that he is a RT and does not have experience at LT. But he is a plug and play RT and can give us that upgrade on the o-line immediately. He has immense upside and solid floor. This selection makes a ton of sense for the Jets. Maybe he moves to LT eventually. I would def. not write him off as just a RT. (Guys off the board: Daniels, Maye, MHJ, Alt, Fashanu, Nabers, C.Williams or Latu).

Rd. 3 pick 72: Braelon Allen - RB

People will hate this pick. They will say - too early for a RB! They will say, we have Breece and Izzy! They will say- we need WR and O-line! But Allen is an absolute beast. Perfect short yardage RB for the Jets. Quality pass catcher. He is what this team needs in the RB stable with Hall and Izzy. He is projected to go in Rd. 3. He is one of the few power RBs I love for this team in the draft and I cannot wait to hope he falls to a later pick.    

Rd. 4 pick 104: Brenden Rice - WR

This guy is currently projected to go right around the 4th. There's a good chance he blows up the combine and ends up going earlier. I love him as a prospect. I love his size and athleticism. I love that he not only comes from a football family but his father is Jerry Rice. I think that will help him to adjust to the NFL and give him much needed maturity to develop quickly. To me, this is a sneaky good pick. If he is there early in Rd. 4 I snatch him up. Currently, he is projected to be there. And this is very deep WR draft. 

Rd. 4 pick 111: Zak Zinter - OG

This guy has been on everybody's radar and for good reason. He's a strong, durable, nasty, big ugly. Not great at any one thing but solid at everything. Most importantly this is a durable player that never misses playing time. I think he can eventually develop into a starter but will be a depth guy to in 2024. I've seen him mocked as late as the 6th round and as early as Rd. 3. He will probably go in Rd. 4-5.

Rd. 6 pick 168:

Who will be available in Rd. 6? Who the F knows. How about Joe Milton III - QB? Sign me up. Put him on the bench as our 3rd stringer. Let him learn from one of the best to do it. Cannon arm. Prototypical size. Quick release. Some mobility. He's 24 and has issues processing. He will need to sit and learn but has potential. Currently projected to go in the 6th. 

ALL OFFENSIVE DRAFT. I'm not messing around lol. Thoughts?   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, derp said:

Who do you like as WR3?

Nabers would be awesome. I think he’d be an outstanding fit with Wilson, really help the offense take a jump. Maybe they move up a little with a loss and have a chance.

I think Odunze is the consensus WR3 right now but the combine will have a lot guys shoot up and slide on boards. 

4 minutes ago, derp said:

Who do you like as WR3?

ya know, its a tough call.  Theres a few guys that are on the higher end this year, its really a top loaded class.  

I think right now all things considered its probably Odunze for me.  I worry about his playing speed a little (his ability to be an high end separator at the next level) and his release package work/physicality vs press jams.  But his understanding of leverage, how to use his upper body to sell routes, his athletic profile, and his contested catch ability right now I think gives him the edge over a guy like Coleman for me.  I want to watch a little more as I think they are very similar prospects,  my initial looking though is that Odunze is a little more refined currently, while Coleman is a little more of a projection that if you can unlock everything he brings to the table you're hitting a home run. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Trading down is never a given. You can't just be like, well, we should just trade down. Much easier said than done. 

And yes, of course anything could happen. We haven't even gone through FA. The JETS may not even have OT high on their priority list once FA wraps up. For all we know we may be screaming for Nabers to fall to 8 because the Jets signed two quality OTs in FA but could not get a good WR to compliment GW. We just don't know.  But looking at the position the Jets are in at 8. YES, both Fashanu and Alt will most likely be off the board. You have to really twist yourself into a pretzel to try to have one of them fall to 8. Tenn desperately need an OT and there are enough teams ahead of the Jets who would love to take one of Fashanu or Alt well to make me believe neither will be there at 8. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

ya know, its a tough call.  Theres a few guys that are on the higher end this year, its really a top loaded class.  

I think right now all things considered its probably Odunze for me.  I worry about his playing speed a little (his ability to be an high end separator at the next level) and his release package work/physicality vs press jams.  But his understanding of leverage, how to use his upper body to sell routes, his athletic profile, and his contested catch ability right now I think gives him the edge over a guy like Coleman for me.  I want to watch a little more as I think they are very similar prospects,  my initial looking though is that Odunze is a little more refined currently, while Coleman is a little more of a projection that if you can unlock everything he brings to the table you're hitting a home run. 

I think the guy who's stock will jump and who may actually end up being the 3rd WR taken is Emeka Egbuta out of Ohio State. While he is probably relegated to the slot in the NFL, I expect him to blow up the combine and run a great 40. He is a speed demon. He's twitchy. he can take the top off the defense. Teams love those traits. And he comes from a great program. Not a dark horse prospect by any means but a dark horse to be the #3 WR taken in the draft.    

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I wondered about Odunze's separation too but he looks so solid otherwise. I heard Nate Tice compared Odunze to Godwin which is kind of an interesting one and Dane Brugler compared him to Amari Cooper. Feel like Odunze plays bigger than both of those guys, especially Cooper who always struck me as more of an on the ground separator than an at the catch point separator. I wondered about Keenan Allen as more of technician with a little size who doesn't really separate vertically with speed. 

Coleman still needs to put it all together, right? I get that the skill set is enticing but to have that little production on a pretty good team with a quarterback who's going to get drafted...I can't see him coming to a program like the Jets and just succeeding.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I think the guy who's stock will jump and who may actually end up being the 3rd WR taken is Emeka Egbuta out of Ohio State. While he is probably relegated to the slot in the NFL, I expect him to blow up the combine and run a great 40. He is a speed demon. He's twitchy. he can take the top off the defense. Teams love those traits. And he comes from a great program. Not a dark horse prospect by any means but a dark horse to be the #3 WR taken in the draft.    

I do agree that he's going to jump, I think his slot limitations will push him to a mid 1st rounder though.  He had a disappointing year after going for over 1k and 10 last year.  Didnt watch a ton of him this year, but I liked him alot when I was watching JSN last year and thought wow with MHJ there next year this kid will eat on the opposite side or in the slot.  It just never materialized for him.  Not sure why, but he was completely kept in check in a lot of games.  I think teams will have questions about how he's struggled vs. man coverage and the fact that he really has struggled on the outside.  I think that probably pushes him down a little.  I can see a mid 20s team taking him though because of his ability. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Why a center?  Or would he move to guard?

centers can typically play guard too - it's a pretty easy/common transition. We know Tippman can. Friazer played most of his snaps at LG as a freshman.

Fraizer is a very strong interior linemen and would give us an upgrade on the interior along with solid C depth.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, derp said:

I wondered about Odunze's separation too but he looks so solid otherwise. I heard Nate Tice compared Odunze to Godwin which is kind of an interesting one and Dane Brugler compared him to Amari Cooper. Feel like Odunze plays bigger than both of those guys, especially Cooper who always struck me as more of an on the ground separator than an at the catch point separator. I wondered about Keenan Allen as more of technician with a little size who doesn't really separate vertically with speed. 

Coleman still needs to put it all together, right? I get that the skill set is enticing but to have that little production on a pretty good team with a quarterback who's going to get drafted...I can't see him coming to a program like the Jets and just succeeding.

I've said this to other people and I think the comparison is too much personally but I know people that have compared Odunze to Kennan Allen.  To me he's not as good a route runner coming out as Allen was, Allen was incredible, but I think the comparison comes out of struggling to find a guy that compares size wise, but also technique wise with a slower playing speed so I can see where that comp comes from.

The thing is Odunze will probably run in the 4.3's if everything you hear about his 40 time is to be believed.  Which will keep him as probably the 3 on most boards, the thing is he just doesnt play a 4.3 speed game when you watch him.  But he's more nuanced than you'd think at running routes with tempo, wiggle, and break points from a guy that 6'3 215.  Hell they've had the guy return punts, and routinely get him involved in the screen game which is not usually the norm for guys of that size and build.  He's got great contact balance too, and reportedly puts up some crazy weight room numbers.  We'll see how far his ceiling can go, but he's a really solid prospect with a high floor I think. 

Yea, look, I love coleman, I said something about him earlier in last year when I heard he entered the portal and was really interested to see where he went because he was such a freak athlete that was getting zero opportunity to show it off at MSU. Florida state was a perfect landing spot and really highlighted the type of talent that he is.  Make no mistake, the kid is an absolute freak athlete that will destroy the combine.  But there are some things that need work.  Break points, Release moves, hand strength.  All stuff that can be worked on, and I wouldnt be surprised to see him come in and start lighting it up early due to his ability.  I just think he's a little more of a projection because of that than some of the other guys that have a little more refinement at the position. 

Odunze put up back to back 1k yd seasons with over 70 catches in each, along with a total of 20 tds.  Cant ignore that type of production regardless of where they play or who they play with.  

Coleman while having a much better showing at FSU, didnt really eclipse his statistical accomplishments there 58 for 798 and 7 tds in 22' and 50 for 658 and 11 tds in 23'  

• Upvote 3