2024 Mock Drafts

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Throwing sh*t against the wall draft V 1.0

image.png.042c0168ef624e5ce7d57e7f68842f38.png

Hard to argue with a draft that adds a Thrash and a Moose to the offense.  Mix that with Sauce on defense....Wow...Must be a playoff team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, pajet said:

Hard to argue with a draft that adds a Thrash and a Moose to the offense.  Mix that with Sauce on defense....Wow...Must be a playoff team.

I'm not going to pretend that I know any of these fellas or even seen a minute of their film. I just liked the positions and the names. The funny thing is that this might be a better draft than what a millionaire GM could pull off. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2024 at 4:30 PM, Paradis said:

This, 100%... if ppl don't believe this isn't a major, major part of the decision - they're fooling themselves. It's a loaded decision to stay with fields going into yr 4  

Yea thats why ultimately i think poles will make the decision to trade Fields.  I think he's shown he can play a little, but he has shown 0 consistency and with his playing style has shown he can get banged up a little.  The team there is getting closer, defense really turned around this year, I think poles understands the flexibility he gains from a rookie qb contract (combined with the possibility that the rookie is actually a stud) offers that team the best chance to becoming the leader in what appears to be a pretty open division.  

As much as I like what the lions have done, it feels like they've hit their ceiling as a team with Goff at qb currently. Couple that with almost assuredly losing brian johnson this offseason, and possibly even Aaron Glenn, then you have to think they may take a step back. 

Vikings need a QB, GB is fine but how good is Love?

To me the division is pretty open if the bears play this right. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/6/2024 at 9:17 PM, Lith said:

I will take it a step farther.  I have general apathy towards the upcoming draft right now.  Who you take is important, but so much of how these young guys perform is dependent on the coaching and development from the NFL staff that they go to.  On occasion you can find a Sauce and GW who can step right in and perform at a high level, but for most guys, they need to go to a place where their strengths can be leveraged while they learn the pro game.  I just don't think we have the staff in place to help young guys develop their skills.  Especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Mims, Becton, Wilson, Moore, Ruckert.  All talented guys taken on day 1 or 2 who never got any better under this or prior offensive staffs.  Ruckert will probably be the only one of these guys on the roster next year.  I know I will get excited as the draft gets closer, but right now it is hard for me to think it is going to matter much for the coming season.

This is the most correct anyone has ever been on this site. Drafting and signing players that have to be so good they overcome a bad system is not sustainable or reasonable. So many teams have lost players and not had their seasons crumble. So many teams develop backup Lineman to play their systems and be serviceable. 

We can sit around and bitch about QBs and backups but the structure is rotted on offense. The system doesn’t work or help the talent. The opposite is true on the other side of the ball. Our defense played a game without our 3 CBs all of whom might be top 20 players at their positions, and somehow shut down an undefeated Eagles team. Their structure is sound. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

This is the most correct anyone has ever been on this site. Drafting and signing players that have to be so good they overcome a bad system is not sustainable or reasonable. So many teams have lost players and not had their seasons crumble. So many teams develop backup Lineman to play their systems and be serviceable. 

We can sit around and bitch about QBs and backups but the structure is rotted on offense. The system doesn’t work or help the talent. The opposite is true on the other side of the ball. Our defense played a game without our 3 CBs all of whom might be top 20 players at their positions, and somehow shut down an undefeated Eagles team. Their structure is sound. 

Yeah, Rodgers was an absolute Hail Mary to attempt to cover for a completely busted offense - and it's not due to a lack of asset allocation.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Yea thats why ultimately i think poles will make the decision to trade Fields.  I think he's shown he can play a little, but he has shown 0 consistency and with his playing style has shown he can get banged up a little.  The team there is getting closer, defense really turned around this year, I think poles understands the flexibility he gains from a rookie qb contract (combined with the possibility that the rookie is actually a stud) offers that team the best chance to becoming the leader in what appears to be a pretty open division.  

As much as I like what the lions have done, it feels like they've hit their ceiling as a team with Goff at qb currently. Couple that with almost assuredly losing brian johnson this offseason, and possibly even Aaron Glenn, then you have to think they may take a step back. 

Vikings need a QB, GB is fine but how good is Love?

To me the division is pretty open if the bears play this right. 

Top of the news queue this morning next to the pink slips: Lions Coordinators getting requests for interviews.

• Upvote 1

I will take it a step farther.  I have general apathy towards the upcoming draft right now.  Who you take is important, but so much of how these young guys perform is dependent on the coaching and development from the NFL staff that they go to.  On occasion you can find a Sauce and GW who can step right in and perform at a high level, but for most guys, they need to go to a place where their strengths can be leveraged while they learn the pro game.  I just don't think we have the staff in place to help young guys develop their skills.  Especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Mims, Becton, Wilson, Moore, Ruckert.  All talented guys taken on day 1 or 2 who never got any better under this or prior offensive staffs.  Ruckert will probably be the only one of these guys on the roster next year.  I know I will get excited as the draft gets closer, but right now it is hard for me to think it is going to matter much for the coming season.

Yeah I dunno.  We've obviously been able to develop guys well on the defensive side of the ball(Quinnen, JJ, Quincy, Huff, Carter II, Ashtyn have all taken big strides under this regime.  Sauce is Sauce, he was All-Pro from day one).  On offense we've been able to find quality talent, it's just a matter of missing at the QB position and our big investments on the OL couldn't stay on the field.  I think we forget how good Becton looked as a rookie before he missed two straight years.  AVT is now in that same boat - a guy who looked like a future Pro Bowler but has now missed most of two straight seasons.  

But yeah, Garrett and Breece alone are probably the two best offensive players this team has drafted in my lifetime.  I think we might be overcomplicating the problem here.  We suck at finding QBs(always have), and our two big investments on OL turned out to be made of glass.  Part of the reason why I'd rather draft a weapon than another OT at 10th overall.  

BTW, Ruckert has absolutely improved from last year.

15 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Yeah I dunno.  We've obviously been able to develop guys well on the defensive side of the ball(Quinnen, JJ, Quincy, Huff, Carter II, Ashtyn have all taken big strides under this regime.  Sauce is Sauce, he was All-Pro from day one).  On offense we've been able to find quality talent, it's just a matter of missing at the QB position and our big investments on the OL couldn't stay on the field.  I think we forget how good Becton looked as a rookie before he missed two straight years.  AVT is now in that same boat - a guy who looked like a future Pro Bowler but has now missed most of two straight seasons.  

But yeah, Garrett and Breece alone are probably the two best offensive players this team has drafted in my lifetime.  I think we might be overcomplicating the problem here.  We suck at finding QBs(always have), and our two big investments on OL turned out to be made of glass.  Part of the reason why I'd rather draft a weapon than another OT at 10th overall.  

BTW, Ruckert has absolutely improved from last year.

It is mind boggling to me that the Jets have the two best offensive skill players they've drafted in a couple decades - by a mile - and still can't put up points.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, derp said:

It is mind boggling to me that the Jets have the two best offensive skill players they've drafted in a couple decades - by a mile - and still can't put up points.

It's more pain inducing than mind boggling lol.  But yeah, it's scary to think what these guys on the 2010 Jets could have done.  Seems like we either have the weapons and no OL, or the OL and no weapons....unless we're talking like the 2016-2022 Jets, where we had neither.  I guess there is at least a core in place now, which is better than nothing.  It sucks having to rely on the health of guys who have proven to be unable to stay healthy, but I guess that's where we are until Rodgers and AVT are either gone or stay on the field.  I believe those two guys alone make us a playoff team, or at least a team that will be in the hunt in week 18.  

I think no matter who we draft or who we sign, the success of the 2024 Jets will depend on those two guys.  Hopefully the football gods are merciful next year.

5 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

It's more pain inducing than mind boggling lol.  But yeah, it's scary to think what these guys on the 2010 Jets could have done.  Seems like we either have the weapons and no OL, or the OL and no weapons....unless we're talking like the 2016-2022 Jets, where we had neither.  I guess there is at least a core in place now, which is better than nothing.  It sucks having to rely on the health of guys who have proven to be unable to stay healthy, but I guess that's where we are until Rodgers and AVT are either gone or stay on the field.  I believe those two guys alone make us a playoff team, or at least a team that will be in the hunt in week 18.  

I think no matter who we draft or who we sign, the success of the 2024 Jets will depend on those two guys.  Hopefully the football gods are merciful next year.

It definitely makes me apathetic. Those guys really need some help, though. I hope Wilson's neck is okay.

• Upvote 1

On 1/5/2024 at 7:16 PM, Beerfish said:

It's going to be sad that we have to take an OT in this draft by force becasue Douglas has blown it so badly.

Potentially multiple star WR's this year.  And even worse, watch some really good Wr will fall to the early 2nd round and we have no pick.

It’s why I’d do something like this…

IMG_0308.jpeg

• Upvote 2

This draft is a premier scout's wet dream. I can see maybe about 20 guys that have true first round talent, and lots and lots of guys with second to fourth round talent. The scout that can accurately rank these guys is gonna have a field day. I can see many. many quality players available in the 4th round to the team with deft scouting department.  If you trust your scouting department, this is the ideal draft to accumulate more picks by trading back. 

On 1/10/2024 at 10:07 PM, NYJCAP2 said:

It’s why I’d do something like this…

IMG_0308.jpeg

I watched fuaga on you tube.  Of course highlights are biased but you can still observe the skill set.  Fuaga looks good.  His feet look great for a RT, he gets into pass pro quickly and is a beast in the run game.  Looks like a natural tackle with the strength and awareness this team needs.  If the worst thing is they take him at 10 this offense got better right away

• Upvote 1

I ended up trading and I like how this turned out:

NYJ
    Amarius Mims
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
    NYJ
    T'Vondre Sweat
    DT Texas
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Sedrick Van Pran
    OC Georgia
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Tommy Eichenberg
    LB Ohio State
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Blake Fisher
    OT Notre Dame
    NYJ
    Zak Zinter
    OG Michigan
    NYJ
    Brenden Rice
    WR USC
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Tahj Washington
    WR USC
  • 2025 MIN 3rd
  • Upvote 1

On 1/13/2024 at 9:49 AM, Augustiniak said:

I watched fuaga on you tube.  Of course highlights are biased but you can still observe the skill set.  Fuaga looks good.  His feet look great for a RT, he gets into pass pro quickly and is a beast in the run game.  Looks like a natural tackle with the strength and awareness this team needs.  If the worst thing is they take him at 10 this offense got better right away

100%. People acting like it's Alt or Fashanu or bust are ridiculous. Do they realize we have nothing at RT? Do they realize how much pressure and sacks came from the right side of this line? 

With a guy of Rodgers caliber, if you tell him "hey, don't worry about the right side, it's locked down", he can make things work even if the left is iffy. But if both sides are iffy, nobody can survive. 

• Upvote 2

That’s true for the fake world of the Jets, but in the real draft that matters, the JN mock, tell me with a straight face that you haven’t gone full Bill Walsh and don’t already have the Packers first 4 picks mapped out.🤣

Jim Nagy @JimNagy_SB

Nobody's talking about it because few truly track later round prospects but combination of NIL money, widespread use of extra Covid year, & smallest junior class in over a decade completely wiped out depth of this year's #NFL Draft. By late December, our @seniorbowl
 board fell apart in Rounds 5-7. Teams will either be trading away Day 3 picks to preserve value or selecting players from their free agent side board in April.

Getting out of the extra Covid year window will help but NIL money will likely thin out drafts in coming years, at least until CFB puts cap or some regulations on NIL.