Omar Speights
    LB LSU
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Luke McCaffrey
    WR Rice
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Highly, highly unlikely scenario but just one that has run through my head (first 3 rounds only)... this would be assuming the Jets address starting WR, OT, and DT in free agency, as well as a veteran backup QB... 

TRADE: New York Jets send DE Bryce Huff and 7th round pick (252) to the Arizona Cardinals for 3rd round pick (66)
TRADE: New York Jets send QB Zach Wilson and 7th round pick (253) to the Los Angeles Rams for 5th round pick (152) and 2025 conditional 4th round pick
TRADE: New York Jets send 1st round pick (10) and 3rd round pick (66 from ARI) to the Philadelphia Eagles for 1st round pick (22), 2nd round pick (50 from NO), and 2nd round pick (53)
TRADE: New York Jets send 2nd round pick (50 from PHI via NO) and 2nd round pick (53 from PHI) to Green Bay for 1st round pick (25) and 4th round pick (135)

Round 1 22 from PHI OT Jordan Morgan Arizona
Round 1 25 from GB QB J.J. McCarthy Michigan
Round 3 72   OT Kinglsey Suamataia BYU
Round 4 111        
Round 4 113 from DEN      
Round 4 135 from GB**      
Round 5 152 from LAR      
Round 6 186        
Round 7 256 comp**      

For starters, I don't expect the Jets to target a QB this year. I think they will look into finding Rodgers' successor next year (if JD does enough to keep his job). However, JJ McCarthy is the kind of quarterback they are looking for; a guy with high-level physical skills and off-schedule playmaking ability who they hope can develop into an upper-echelon starter after sitting behind Rodgers for a few years. So essentially they would be swapping out Zach for JJ. As far as drafting Morgan, he's an ideal fit at LT for this particular scheme, but you can plug and play whatever tackle you want there. Same would be the case in round 3... I don't think Kinglsey will fall there, but at the same time someone unexpected should fall to round 3. I just can't see how 10-14 tackles are off the board by 72. At that point your basically able to keep that tackle as a depth option but allow him to develop at his own pace. 

Again, this is just a random scenario. But maybe not totally outside the realm of possibility?

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

Highly, highly unlikely scenario but just one that has run through my head (first 3 rounds only)... this would be assuming the Jets address starting WR, OT, and DT in free agency, as well as a veteran backup QB... 

TRADE: New York Jets send DE Bryce Huff and 7th round pick (252) to the Arizona Cardinals for 3rd round pick (66)
TRADE: New York Jets send QB Zach Wilson and 7th round pick (253) to the Los Angeles Rams for 5th round pick (152) and 2025 conditional 4th round pick
TRADE: New York Jets send 1st round pick (10) and 3rd round pick (66 from ARI) to the Philadelphia Eagles for 1st round pick (22), 2nd round pick (50 from NO), and 2nd round pick (53)
TRADE: New York Jets send 2nd round pick (50 from PHI via NO) and 2nd round pick (53 from PHI) to Green Bay for 1st round pick (25) and 4th round pick (135)

Round 4 111        
Round 4 113 from DEN      
Round 4 135 from GB**      
Round 5 152 from LAR      
Round 6 186        
Round 7 256 comp**      

For starters, I don't expect the Jets to target a QB this year. I think they will look into finding Rodgers' successor next year (if JD does enough to keep his job). However, JJ McCarthy is the kind of quarterback they are looking for; a guy with high-level physical skills and off-schedule playmaking ability who they hope can develop into an upper-echelon starter after sitting behind Rodgers for a few years. So essentially they would be swapping out Zach for JJ. As far as drafting Morgan, he's an ideal fit at LT for this particular scheme, but you can plug and play whatever tackle you want there. Same would be the case in round 3... I don't think Kinglsey will fall there, but at the same time someone unexpected should fall to round 3. I just can't see how 10-14 tackles are off the board by 72. At that point your basically able to keep that tackle as a depth option but allow him to develop at his own pace. 

Again, this is just a random scenario. But maybe not totally outside the realm of possibility?

I like the sentiment here and would be happy if this is how it all shook out.  That seems like an awful lot of wheeling and dealing for Douglas to pull off.  Not that he hasn't pulled off his fair share of trades but that amount of draft capital dealing seems more unlikely than not.  

This is however the type of aggressive approach they will need to get creative with to help fill holes and get this team to win now. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, football guy said:

Round 4 111        
Round 4 113 from DEN      
Round 4 135 from GB**      
Round 5 152 from LAR      
Round 6 186        
Round 7 256 comp**      

I question whether jd has the go ahead to do soemthing like this as well as the balls, knowing he’s got to win this year or else.  I expect at least one major trade to get another day 2 pick but i doubt that is even used on a guy like pratt.  Rather i could see them double dipping on OL with someone like zinter to really fortify the line

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I like the sentiment here and would be happy if this is how it all shook out.  That seems like an awful lot of wheeling and dealing for Douglas to pull off.  Not that he hasn't pulled off his fair share of trades but that amount of draft capital dealing seems more unlikely than not.  

This is however the type of aggressive approach they will need to get creative with to help fill holes and get this team to win now. 

I think the trading aspect is within his wheelhouse. He's been among the more active draft-day GMs in the league. The question would be why move down from 10 to 22, pass on the QB, only to trade up a few picks later to draft the QB? The best comparison I found was the 2018 Baltimore Ravens. Baltimore moved from 16 to 22, then from 22 to 25, and selected Hayden Hurst with that pick. Immediately after they worked to trade up for Lamar, with the Eagles finally agreeing at pick #32. The logic there is that there's less value placed on a developmental QB when you have an established guy, but if its convenient to go land them, address what you need to address first then work to move up. 

So just to flesh it out: I think there can be a scenario where the Jets have so many tackles that they like where they rationalize moving down and collecting picks could be the way to go. They will get an up-close look on many of these guys in the senior bowl, and its certainly possible they wind up viewing 5-6 guys as top 20 prospects. So lets say they move down, not expecting McCarthy to be there. By pick 22, your working the phones to see if you can jump back up so you can lock down both the tackle you want and the QB. This isn't much different than what the Jets did when Jermaine Johnson was falling- they were working the phones from the late teens until they finally had a taker at 26. You favor the tackle at 22 because that's the guy you have rated higher and have a greater need for, but are able to land him a few picks later. 

Again, not necessarily what I believe will happen, but if you start piecing it together not impossible. As much as this season was miserable, talent isn't the issue... you absolutely need to rebuild the offensive line, but assuming they were to trade Huff for a premium pick AND they plug most holes in FA, they'd have an abundance to work with. 

• Upvote 3

Not opposed to this scenario.  In your example what player or position do you think falls to 10 where the Jets don't have the value but another team (Philly in your example) does ?  Would almost have to be Edge (Verse) or DB (Alabama CB).

16 hours ago, football guy said:

I think the trading aspect is within his wheelhouse. He's been among the more active draft-day GMs in the league. The question would be why move down from 10 to 22, pass on the QB, only to trade up a few picks later to draft the QB? The best comparison I found was the 2018 Baltimore Ravens. Baltimore moved from 16 to 22, then from 22 to 25, and selected Hayden Hurst with that pick. Immediately after they worked to trade up for Lamar, with the Eagles finally agreeing at pick #32. The logic there is that there's less value placed on a developmental QB when you have an established guy, but if its convenient to go land them, address what you need to address first then work to move up. 

So just to flesh it out: I think there can be a scenario where the Jets have so many tackles that they like where they rationalize moving down and collecting picks could be the way to go. They will get an up-close look on many of these guys in the senior bowl, and its certainly possible they wind up viewing 5-6 guys as top 20 prospects. So lets say they move down, not expecting McCarthy to be there. By pick 22, your working the phones to see if you can jump back up so you can lock down both the tackle you want and the QB. This isn't much different than what the Jets did when Jermaine Johnson was falling- they were working the phones from the late teens until they finally had a taker at 26. You favor the tackle at 22 because that's the guy you have rated higher and have a greater need for, but are able to land him a few picks later. 

Again, not necessarily what I believe will happen, but if you start piecing it together not impossible. As much as this season was miserable, talent isn't the issue... you absolutely need to rebuild the offensive line, but assuming they were to trade Huff for a premium pick AND they plug most holes in FA, they'd have an abundance to work with. 

Its not out of the question.  It is extremely similar to the Ravens situation, and they were at a point as a franchise where they could take a guy and give him time under Flacco to develop.  I dont think its out of the question for JD to be able to make it work, and I do think JJ McCarthy is the type of candidate they would like in that spot.  He was well coached for 2 years under Harbough, you wouldnt have to play him for at least 2 more year so he gets to learn under Rodgers.  It would b a great move to at least secure that potential QB of the future while also aiding the offensive line.  

The more and more I look at this draft, to me with the Jets needs and lack of resources, it just seems like such a no brainer to move down if you can. 

2 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Its not out of the question.  It is extremely similar to the Ravens situation, and they were at a point as a franchise where they could take a guy and give him time under Flacco to develop.  I dont think its out of the question for JD to be able to make it work, and I do think JJ McCarthy is the type of candidate they would like in that spot.  He was well coached for 2 years under Harbough, you wouldnt have to play him for at least 2 more year so he gets to learn under Rodgers.  It would b a great move to at least secure that potential QB of the future while also aiding the offensive line.  

The more and more I look at this draft, to me with the Jets needs and lack of resources, it just seems like such a no brainer to move down if you can. 

Yeah I dunno.  Again it depends on how the board plays out and what's being offered to move down.  There are needs for sure, but some of them will/should be addressed through free agency.  I'd assume at least one tackle, probably a WR(either a high-end #2 or at the very least a #4, someone to slot between Lazard and Gipson), maybe a DT as well.  There will be needs in the draft but it shouldn't be a "we need at least 4 or 5 guys to go from the draft to playing significant roles next year" type situation.

I just think it would be a mistake to trade out if you have a chance at a Bowers, Odunze, or Fashanu.  I expect Alt to be gone, but I could see a scenario where any of the other 3 make it to us.  Potentially two of them could be there.  Even if we're dead set on taking a tackle, after last year I'm not sure JD will want to **** around after missing out on every prospect because of the drop down from 13 to 15.  In theory it seems safe that one of Latham or Mims will be there at 20 if we drop down that far, but it also seemed safe last year that a guy like Darnell Wright would be there for us at the very least.  The draft is a strange beast.

Personally I think you take the OT at 10, even if it's Fuaga, and you move up from the 3rd into the mid/mid-late 2nd and take one of the B-tier WRs.  There are so many guys who project to be solid #2s, but they will probably all be gone by the 3rd.  Pack together your 3rd, one of your 4ths, and a 3rd or 4th next year to move up and get one.  AD Mitchell, Xavier Legette, Keon Coleman, Ladd McConkey, Dez Walker.

You walk away from the draft with Fuaga and Legette, that's a big win IMO.  You walk away with Bowers and Graham Barton or Cooper Beebe, that's a monumental win.  Take a DT with your remaining 4th.  In the 6th take either a RB or CB depth, maybe a developmental guard, or take a swing on a longshot QB if you'd like.  Doesn't matter to me.  As long as you walk away with two starters without having to move down from 10 and miss out on an elite talent, I'm all for it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Yeah I dunno.  Again it depends on how the board plays out and what's being offered to move down.  There are needs for sure, but some of them will/should be addressed through free agency.  I'd assume at least one tackle, probably a WR(either a high-end #2 or at the very least a #4, someone to slot between Lazard and Gipson), maybe a DT as well.  There will be needs in the draft but it shouldn't be a "we need at least 4 or 5 guys to go from the draft to playing significant roles next year" type situation.

I just think it would be a mistake to trade out if you have a chance at a Bowers, Odunze, or Fashanu.  I expect Alt to be gone, but I could see a scenario where any of the other 3 make it to us.  Potentially two of them could be there.  Even if we're dead set on taking a tackle, after last year I'm not sure JD will want to **** around after missing out on every prospect because of the drop down from 13 to 15.  In theory it seems safe that one of Latham or Mims will be there at 20 if we drop down that far, but it also seemed safe last year that a guy like Darnell Wright would be there for us at the very least.  The draft is a strange beast.

Personally I think you take the OT at 10, even if it's Fuaga, and you move up from the 3rd into the mid/mid-late 2nd and take one of the B-tier WRs.  There are so many guys who project to be solid #2s, but they will probably all be gone by the 3rd.  Pack together your 3rd, one of your 4ths, and a 3rd or 4th next year to move up and get one.  AD Mitchell, Xavier Legette, Keon Coleman, Ladd McConkey, Dez Walker.

You walk away from the draft with Fuaga and Legette, that's a big win IMO.  You walk away with Bowers and Graham Barton or Cooper Beebe, that's a monumental win.  Take a DT with your remaining 4th.  In the 6th take either a RB or CB depth, maybe a developmental guard, or take a swing on a longshot QB if you'd like.  Doesn't matter to me.  As long as you walk away with two starters without having to move down from 10 and miss out on an elite talent, I'm all for it.

That's definitely one way to do it where you focus on your board and just take the guys where you think the value meets the pick.  This is the approach I believe JD has taken in his time here and probably will use again in this draft.  While I think a trade down to the late teens is worth it as currently there doesn't seem much separating the top OT prospects,  I see it as more likely that JD sits put and trusts his board and evaluations to choose a player that is top 10 on his board at pick 10.  Chances are, the player he picks at 10 will probably be slotted at 8 or higher on their actual board so he'll feel very good about the pick.  

While FA will be used to fill alot of slots, we wont have a ton of available money.  So moving down to get extra picks will make things a little easier to add guys that can contribute right away.  Trading up into the back half of the 2nd I believe is where we would have to be reaching for a WR.  

With how successful the transition to the pros has been for WR's lately.  I dont see where a Legette or walker make it to the later half of rd 2 and no way Keon Coleman does (he doesnt make it out of the top 25 if you ask me).  There will be a late run on WR's in the back half of Rd 1 like there has been and probably early part of 2.  

Rd 3 is where you will have some value to grab a WR but guys that you need to have a plan for, not universally successful WR's that are scheme and role independent. IMO   

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

That's definitely one way to do it where you focus on your board and just take the guys where you think the value meets the pick.  This is the approach I believe JD has taken in his time here and probably will use again in this draft.  While I think a trade down to the late teens is worth it as currently there doesn't seem much separating the top OT prospects,  I see it as more likely that JD sits put and trusts his board and evaluations to choose a player that is top 10 on his board at pick 10.  Chances are, the player he picks at 10 will probably be slotted at 8 or higher on their actual board so he'll feel very good about the pick.  

While FA will be used to fill alot of slots, we wont have a ton of available money.  So moving down to get extra picks will make things a little easier to add guys that can contribute right away.  Trading up into the back half of the 2nd I believe is where we would have to be reaching for a WR.  

With how successful the transition to the pros has been for WR's lately.  I dont see where a Legette or walker make it to the later half of rd 2 and no way Keon Coleman does (he doesnt make it out of the top 25 if you ask me).  There will be a late run on WR's in the back half of Rd 1 like there has been and probably early part of 2.  

Rd 3 is where you will have some value to grab a WR but guys that you need to have a plan for, not universally successful WR's that are scheme and role independent. IMO   

I think this is why I'm in favor of keeping the pick at 10, because of how expensive the elite weapons are on the UFA market.  You could get one on a rookie contract at 10, and fill your OT spots with cheap veterans.  Like Bakhtiari I'd imagine won't get more than $10M.  Give him a year deal, continue grooming Warren behind him, bounce AVT out to RT and move up from the 3rd into the 2nd for one of the top guards.  Slot them in at RG out of the gate.  

As far as the WRs in the 2nd, I wouldn't be surprised if one sneaks through.  Coleman has been dropping for a while now.  Legette is probably an early 2nd but who knows.  Dez Walker should be there.  McConkey could be as well.  But yeah, ideally it's weapon first, then a trade up for an OL.  That's probably the easiest/safest way to go about the draft.  Take the OT at 10 and like you pointed out, there's a chance that entire tier of WRs will be gone by the mid-2nd.  

17 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I think this is why I'm in favor of keeping the pick at 10, because of how expensive the elite weapons are on the UFA market.  You could get one on a rookie contract at 10, and fill your OT spots with cheap veterans.  Like Bakhtiari I'd imagine won't get more than $10M.  Give him a year deal, continue grooming Warren behind him, bounce AVT out to RT and move up from the 3rd into the 2nd for one of the top guards.  Slot them in at RG out of the gate.  

As far as the WRs in the 2nd, I wouldn't be surprised if one sneaks through.  Coleman has been dropping for a while now.  Legette is probably an early 2nd but who knows.  Dez Walker should be there.  McConkey could be as well.  But yeah, ideally it's weapon first, then a trade up for an OL.  That's probably the easiest/safest way to go about the draft.  Take the OT at 10 and like you pointed out, there's a chance that entire tier of WRs will be gone by the mid-2nd.  

take into account rodgers doesnt always love rookie wrs.  The FA market will be loaded, yes the elite guys will cost a lot but you can add a lot of WR talent this offseason through FA.  and hell if i have to pay top dollar for tee higgins then so be it, he's worht the money.  

I just dont see us going WR or TE in the first.  I think its OL specifically OT 100000% 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

take into account rodgers doesnt always love rookie wrs.  The FA market will be loaded, yes the elite guys will cost a lot but you can add a lot of WR talent this offseason through FA.  and hell if i have to pay top dollar for tee higgins then so be it, he's worht the money.  

I just dont see us going WR or TE in the first.  I think its OL specifically OT 100000% 

Yeah I don't see why Rodgers would be against having a rookie receiver but be fine with a rookie OT.  

5 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Yeah I don't see why Rodgers would be against having a rookie receiver but be fine with a rookie OT.  

I think the rookie ot would be on the right side.  Blind side i think they either try to get becton back cheap or sign a vet (possibly baktiari).  Thats just my guess, and going off his history in green bay where he routinely seemed frustrated with young wr's.  If we're taking guys at 10 to play wr they're probably more apt to assimilate easier into the system here, but again I highly doubt that happens.  The offensive line needs too much work.  

You can trade down, add a OT in the mid 1st, hopefully either garner a 2nd in the trade down or at least enough to move back into the 2nd for a WR.  Then sign someone in FA whether its evans, or you try to go for a combo of guys like a ridley and kendrick bourne or tyler boyd and marquis brown.  Something like that. 

5 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I think the rookie ot would be on the right side.  Blind side i think they either try to get becton back cheap or sign a vet (possibly baktiari).  Thats just my guess, and going off his history in green bay where he routinely seemed frustrated with young wr's.  If we're taking guys at 10 to play wr they're probably more apt to assimilate easier into the system here, but again I highly doubt that happens.  The offensive line needs too much work.  

You can trade down, add a OT in the mid 1st, hopefully either garner a 2nd in the trade down or at least enough to move back into the 2nd for a WR.  Then sign someone in FA whether its evans, or you try to go for a combo of guys like a ridley and kendrick bourne or tyler boyd and marquis brown.  Something like that. 

Yeah I dunno.  Signing a guy like Higgins probably means you're going to lose one of your core in two years, maybe two of them.  That's not really that appealing to me.  I'd rather just bring in short-term vet OTs and draft your weapon.  Bring Becton back for a year at RT and give Bakhtiari a 1 year deal at LT.  Groom Warren to take his place.  If he doesn't work out, draft your replacement next year.  If he does, draft your QB instead.  

Even if we go OT in the 1st, I'm not handing out a contract like that for a guy expected to be our #2 WR.  Would rather trade for Davante at that point since we could at least get him off the books in time to pay these other guys.  OR go for a lower level UFA, like Brown being your main pickup.  

51 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Something like this is what I think happens. I think Douglas brings in a LT with injury concerns, a boring swing tackle, and a #2 WR in FA. Bakhtiari/Becton for the left tackle spot. Someone like Yosh Nijman for the swing tackle, or I wonder if Fant would come back. There’s a chance it’s Warren for that role but I am skeptical. Maybe he gets both Bakhtiari and Becton on the cheap for short term.

One of the WR’s you mentioned makes sense to me too, I think that’s the tier he’ll operate in. Honestly it’s not a bad FA group to want a 2A, just some of these guys are going to get overpaid to be #1’s but I think they’d thrive across from Wilson. Two year deal or less makes sense for Ridley or Boyd age wise, Bourne can’t push for too much more, bet Brown wouldn’t mind hitting FA again at 28.

Then I think a move down to target a developmental tackle who battles the vet for RT and provides depth with the injury questions. Guyton, Mims, Suamataia are all big and plus athletes - Latham and Fuaga probably are too. Maybe somebody creeps ahead of Fashanu and/or Alt and they fall a little. Just seems like giving guardrails in free agency and then taking a swing is actually prudent with this roster and it’s a good class for it. Plus you spread the overall risk a little by adding another player in the second or whatever it is.

54 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Yeah I dunno.  Signing a guy like Higgins probably means you're going to lose one of your core in two years, maybe two of them.  That's not really that appealing to me.  I'd rather just bring in short-term vet OTs and draft your weapon.  Bring Becton back for a year at RT and give Bakhtiari a 1 year deal at LT.  Groom Warren to take his place.  If he doesn't work out, draft your replacement next year.  If he does, draft your QB instead.  

Even if we go OT in the 1st, I'm not handing out a contract like that for a guy expected to be our #2 WR.  Would rather trade for Davante at that point since we could at least get him off the books in time to pay these other guys.  OR go for a lower level UFA, like Brown being your main pickup.  

problem is baktiari hasnt played a full season in years.  1 game last year.  11 in 2022, 1 in 2021, and 12 in 2020.

2019 was the last time he played in 16 games. and now he's going to be 33.  To me he's a backup policy for a guy like becton or another FA that is functional enough to start at LT then you draft a Rookie high to play RT.  

To me higgins may be someone who hinders some future signings but its how you structure the contracts. there are ways to make it work. I think higgins is a pipedream anyway.  Most realistic is evans then from there its signing multiple of the other guys like brown, pittman if somehow he shook loose, ridley, boyd, samuels, gabe davis the list goes on.  

42 minutes ago, derp said:

Something like this is what I think happens. I think Douglas brings in a LT with injury concerns, a boring swing tackle, and a #2 WR in FA. Bakhtiari/Becton for the left tackle spot. Someone like Yosh Nijman for the swing tackle, or I wonder if Fant would come back. There’s a chance it’s Warren for that role but I am skeptical. Maybe he gets both Bakhtiari and Becton on the cheap for short term.

One of the WR’s you mentioned makes sense to me too, I think that’s the tier he’ll operate in. Honestly it’s not a bad FA group to want a 2A, just some of these guys are going to get overpaid to be #1’s but I think they’d thrive across from Wilson. Two year deal or less makes sense for Ridley or Boyd age wise, Bourne can’t push for too much more, bet Brown wouldn’t mind hitting FA again at 28.

Then I think a move down to target a developmental tackle who battles the vet for RT and provides depth with the injury questions. Guyton, Mims, Suamataia are all big and plus athletes - Latham and Fuaga probably are too. Maybe somebody creeps ahead of Fashanu and/or Alt and they fall a little. Just seems like giving guardrails in free agency and then taking a swing is actually prudent with this roster and it’s a good class for it. Plus you spread the overall risk a little by adding another player in the second or whatever it is.

This is the route i would personally take over trying to swing for a massive deal for mike evans.  if its higgins different story he's young and ascending.. evans while uber uber consistent will most likely start to trail off during this contract so i just worry about the investment paying off.  Id rather trade down like we've said, grab a guy like guyton mims suamatiaia and have flexibility to either add playmakers or to the line depending on what you do in FA

theres just a lot of flexibility this offseason provides in terms of depth of Tackles in the draft and depth of WR's in fa.  Both huge areas for improvement for this team.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 12:49 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just did one with the 7th Rounders the Jets will have, assuming WR is addressed in FA and OL is handled in the draft because there really aren't any guys worth bringing in this year. 

Screenshot2024-02-04124730.thumb.png.d8afa0e59f0526b200599fe935971747.png

I love this draft....if we trade down this would be an ideal outcome.

• Upvote 1

I just did a mock where I traded twice and completely out of the first round but gained a first next year.  Tampa Traded up for LSU QB and then at 26 Falcons traded up for JJ McCarthy.  The following is what I came away with:

NYJ
    Michael Penix Jr.
    QB Washington
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Patrick Paul
    OT Houston
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Kris Jenkins
    DT Michigan
    NYJ
    Devontez Walker
    WR North Carolina
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Roman Wilson
    WR Michigan
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Blake Fisher
    OT Notre Dame
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Brenden Rice
    WR USC
    NYJ
    Luke McCaffrey
    WR Rice
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Tykee Smith
    S Georgia
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Drake Nugent
    OC Michigan
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Marist Liufau
    LB Notre Dame
    NYJ
    Ovie Oghoufo
    EDGE LSU
    trade icon
    NYJ
    KT Leveston
    OT Kansas State
    NYJ
    Kendall Milton
    RB Georgia
    NYJ
    Carter Bradley
    QB South Alabama
  • 2025 TB 1st
  • 2025 TB 3rd
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

NYJ
    Taliese Fuaga
    OT Oregon State
    NYJ
    Blake Fisher
    OT Notre Dame
    NYJ
    Roger Rosengarten
    OT Washington
    NYJ
    Layden Robinson
    OG Texas A&M
    NYJ
    Nathan Thomas
    OT Louisiana
    NYJ
    Devin Leary
    QB Kentucky
    NYJ
    Clark Barrington
    OG Baylor
    NYJ
    KT Leveston
    OT Kansas State
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, THE BARON said:
    NYJ
    Taliese Fuaga
    OT Oregon State
    NYJ
    Blake Fisher
    OT Notre Dame
    NYJ
    Roger Rosengarten
    OT Washington
    NYJ
    Layden Robinson
    OG Texas A&M
    NYJ
    Nathan Thomas
    OT Louisiana
    NYJ
    Devin Leary
    QB Kentucky
    NYJ
    Clark Barrington
    OG Baylor
    NYJ
    KT Leveston
    OT Kansas State

This is ridiculous. We really should be looking at OL instead of the Leary pick.

Went into the draft willing to let the board fall to me.  got to 10, jayden daniels was still on the board, i took a trade with the raiders to move down 3 spots and get an extra pick in rd 3.  Then when 13 came to me Fuaga and Latham were still on the board.  I had a proposed trade with the texans who wanted to move up for Odunze. tough call here but I know we are going to address wr in FA so i made the call that an elite tackle would still be there at 23.  Traded down again gaining a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.  at 23 i was between mims and guyton, i decided to go with mims.. Mims put up some crazy pass protection numbers this year so i took the shot.  Somehow Sweat was still there at 59.  Didnt hesitate with that pick. He makes this DL an absolute bear to handle.  After that it was just adding value through out.  Polk is a really good wr we can move around and use in different spots, Van Pran gives us more flexibility on the OL and would have pushed to be the top C last year.   Gray was uber productive over his career, at minimum i think he's a good special teamer but has a chance to push for time in a year or two. Milton is the ultimate homerun try at QB, if youre going to take a late round flyer thats my guy to do it on.  Sione Vaki is so interesting to me.  He can do a bit of everything and even got some chances on offense at the Senior bowl.  Late in the draft I like guys that can be multiple and there may not be a more multiple player in the draft.  Last two picks i knew nothing about, except Dankwah is absolutely massive so why not, and Green was part of a good defense with a good coaching staff. 
    NYJ
    Amarius Mims
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
    NYJ
    T'Vondre Sweat
    DT Texas
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Ja'Lynn Polk
    WR Washington
    NYJ
    Sedrick Van Pran
    OC Georgia
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Cedric Gray
    LB North Carolina
    NYJ
    Joe Milton
    QB Tennessee
    NYJ
    Sione Vaki
    S Utah
    NYJ
    Anim Dankwah
    OT Howard
    NYJ
    Renardo Green
    CB Florida State
  • 2025 HOU 2nd
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:
Went into the draft willing to let the board fall to me.  got to 10, jayden daniels was still on the board, i took a trade with the raiders to move down 3 spots and get an extra pick in rd 3.  Then when 13 came to me Fuaga and Latham were still on the board.  I had a proposed trade with the texans who wanted to move up for Odunze. tough call here but I know we are going to address wr in FA so i made the call that an elite tackle would still be there at 23.  Traded down again gaining a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.  at 23 i was between mims and guyton, i decided to go with mims.. Mims put up some crazy pass protection numbers this year so i took the shot.  Somehow Sweat was still there at 59.  Didnt hesitate with that pick. He makes this DL an absolute bear to handle.  After that it was just adding value through out.  Polk is a really good wr we can move around and use in different spots, Van Pran gives us more flexibility on the OL and would have pushed to be the top C last year.   Gray was uber productive over his career, at minimum i think he's a good special teamer but has a chance to push for time in a year or two. Milton is the ultimate homerun try at QB, if youre going to take a late round flyer thats my guy to do it on.  Sione Vaki is so interesting to me.  He can do a bit of everything and even got some chances on offense at the Senior bowl.  Late in the draft I like guys that can be multiple and there may not be a more multiple player in the draft.  Last two picks i knew nothing about, except Dankwah is absolutely massive so why not, and Green was part of a good defense with a good coaching staff. 
    NYJ
    Amarius Mims
    OT Georgia
    trade icon
    NYJ
    T'Vondre Sweat
    DT Texas
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Ja'Lynn Polk
    WR Washington
    NYJ
    Sedrick Van Pran
    OC Georgia
    trade icon
    NYJ
    Cedric Gray
    LB North Carolina
    NYJ
    Joe Milton
    QB Tennessee
    NYJ
    Sione Vaki
    S Utah
    NYJ
    Anim Dankwah
    OT Howard
    NYJ
    Renardo Green
    CB Florida State
  • 2025 HOU 2nd

Joe Milton can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside of it. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Joe Milton can't hit the broad side of a barn from inside of it. 

for pick 186, i would 100% take the risk of him not panning out for the upside.  That part of the draft is going to be a crapshoot, way better to get homerun upside at that point

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

for pick 186, i would 100% take the risk of him not panning out for the upside.  That part of the draft is going to be a crapshoot, way better to get homerun upside at that point

Yup. Give him a couple of years to work on footwork, throwing motion and learn the ropes from a future HOF QB. 

CBS has this idea of the Pats trading the 3rd pick to Chicago for Fields and the 9th pick.  Not only that but they apparently throw in a 4th and another pick next year.  Considering to move up from 9 to 3 it probably STARTS with another 1st, and probably a 2nd as well, this seems to put Fields value at a 1st and 2nd+ which is godawful IMO.  No way would the Pats do this.  I think they just take whatever QB is there at 3 and build from there.

https://www.nfl.com/news/three-round-2024-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-deal-for-justin-fields-in-one-of-five-first-round-trades

On 1/26/2024 at 7:47 AM, Chrebetfan80 said:

I think the rookie ot would be on the right side.  Blind side i think they either try to get becton back cheap or sign a vet (possibly baktiari). 

I would support both. Not a huge Becton fan, but unless we can get something decent for him, keep him on the field. A true contract year he will have to deliver. Adding a vet, even one with injury issues, makes sense.