2024 Starting Jets QB

Maxta_p

I truly believe if they run back the plan they had in place for this year next year and sit behind Rodgers that he has all the potential to take all the wisdom for Rodgers and become an elite franchise QB. This plan would go against all conventional wisdom but this isn't your everyday conventional plan. It's not like being benched for someone that can be arguably considered your equal. 

I guess it will depend on how he does the rest of the season. If he does as well as last week he might get some serious interest to be a starter on another team and might be hard to pass up that deal to go back to the bench. If he ends up only getting back up offers then he might as well just stay in NY and train under Rodgers.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:

Ive always been a believer in Zach on here. Ive got posts to back it up. 

So what happens if Zach continues to play lights out to finish out the year, who is the starting QB next year?

I'll give this unserious post a serious answer:  Aaron Rodgers if healthy.  Zach Wilson if not.

• Sympathy 1

Rodgers will more than likely play another 2 years seeing how he has missed this year.  Zach, if he plays decently the last 4 games, will probably be allowed to hang around. But JD MUST sign a seasoned backup vet like Tannehill or Minshew.  JD CANNOT allow this fiasco to occur again next year if Rodgers goes down for even a couple games. It could very well cost us a playoff spot.   If we don't make the playoffs next year, they are all (Zach, Rodgers, Saleh, Ulbricht) GONE.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Zach Wilson has the tools to be a franchise QB. He needs consistency in front of him,(a capable online that plays together on a weekly basis), and more than one receiver that can be relied on. Give him that, and that talent he obviously has, will show itself on a regular basis. You don't trade someone  with the arm talent he has, 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach is being traded.  That has been agreed upon by both parties.

Zach is going to stink this Sunday.  You know it, I know it and Vegas knows it.

Enough Zach.  We have moved on.

It has been agreed upon by Zach's camp and some news outlet in Utah. No one in the New York media has dug in about the story. So take it easy , Captain.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Maxta_p said:
75% comp percentage, 301 yards,2 TDS, 117 passer rating. This coming week is going to look very similar my friend. 

a blind squirrel finds a nut every once it a while he was bound to throw for 300 yards at least one time in his career it only took 3 years

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

AR8 with ZW2 as the backup.

I don't even think that Wilson needs to play lights out the rest of the way. If he has another game or two like he had against Houston/KC and another couple of games there are just decent but nothing special or bad, then I think they hang on to him. If these offensive adjustments + playing to his strengths have some merit to them then the front office has all the ammunition they need to justify keeping him as a backup and developing and point a nice big finger at the coaching staff.

I only think this is the case because of the front office belief in him and his idol being his mentor. ZW2 isn't starting anywhere next year and I think would rather be backup to his idol than anyone else.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach is being traded.  That has been agreed upon by both parties.

Zach is going to stink this Sunday.  You know it, I know it and Vegas knows it.

Enough Zach.  We have moved on.

Any intelligent thought would think this, therefore kind of surprised you did. But, just like in Jaws, iust might now be safe to back in the water./ 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

AR8 with ZW2 as the backup.

I don't even think that Wilson needs to play lights out the rest of the way. If he has another game or two like he had against Houston/KC and another couple of games there are just decent but nothing special or bad, then I think they hang on to him. If these offensive adjustments + playing to his strengths have some merit to them then the front office has all the ammunition they need to justify keeping him as a backup and developing and point a nice big finger at the coaching staff.

I only think this is the case because of the front office belief in him and his idol being his mentor. ZW2 isn't starting anywhere next year and I think would rather be backup to his idol than anyone else.

you really think he wants to play? and by that i mean he wants out of NY so the better he plays the better for us as he gets some type of value there is no way he should see the field past week 18 for us

3 minutes ago, jetsman said:

you really think he wants to play? and by that i mean he wants out of NY so the better he plays the better for us as he gets some type of value there is no way he should see the field past week 18 for us

I do think he wants to play here and learn from Rodgers. I think he probably has issues with Saleh, but with Rodgers here and the front office backing Wilson I think he is pretty protected and if he actually develops - might even outlast this coaching staff here.

I'll say it again and this is Saleh's own fault - 

• Saleh publicly proclaims "LET HIM RIP"
  • ZW2 plays well
  • If that continues the front office, Wilson's agent, everyone can tell ownership "see I told you!"

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I do think he wants to play here and learn from Rodgers. I think he probably has issues with Saleh, but with Rodgers here and the front office backing Wilson I think he is pretty protected and if he actually develops - might even outlast this coaching staff here.

I'll say it again and this is Saleh's own fault - 

• Saleh publicly proclaims "LET HIM RIP"
  • ZW2 plays well
  • If that continues the front office, Wilson's agent, everyone can tell ownership "see I told you!"

believe it when i see it.  Ill give him credit he played well vs the Texans but history has proven he is Jeckel & Hyde in his career. Its more mental than physical that are his issues

8 minutes ago, jetsman said:

believe it when i see it.  Ill give him credit he played well vs the Texans but history has proven he is Jeckel & Hyde in his career. Its more mental than physical that are his issues

Oh yes trust me I am completely in the I'll believe it when I see it camp as well. This is all hypothetical and chances are he's throwing 6 pick 6s in Miami and its all moot.

18 minutes ago, jetsman said:

a blind squirrel finds a nut every once it a while he was bound to throw for 300 yards at least one time in his career it only took 3 years

He actually threw for 300 yards twice last year, including in the first NE game. Stop obsessing over yards! - always one of the least reliable stats to look at. Look at completion percentage, yards/attempt, and TD/INT ratio. 

He wasn’t good on Sunday because he cracked 300 yards, he was good because he completed 75% of his passes for 8.4 yards/attempt, with 2 TDs and 0 INTs.

37 minutes ago, jetsman said:

Technically that's his third or 4th time throwing for 300 yards. That said, ypur point still stands. 

53 minutes ago, genot said:

Zach Wilson has the tools to be a franchise QB. He needs consistency in front of him,(a capable online that plays together on a weekly basis), and more than one receiver that can be relied on. Give him that, and that talent he obviously has, will show itself on a regular basis. You don't trade someone  with the arm talent he has, 

I respect this take, but given his body of work, you have to see him play really well down the stretch and then ask yourself whether he was really turned a corner and if you believe what he did is sustainable. 

We've always known Zach has talent, but it's on him to prove that he can consistently play the position well. SOOOO many QBs with good arm talent have busted in the NFL. The position is mostly mental. 

• Upvote 2

• What do we think the over/under games AR8 starts in 2024?  11?   We need a real backup for at least 6 games.
  • Zach is auditioning right now for that role in 2024.  
  • The Jets can find another QB2 at $6mm-$8mm, with maybe a draft pick for Wilson, or go with Wilson at $5.4mm and a conpensatory pick in 2025.
  • Unless the Jets have really agreed to trade Wilson, I am thinking its really about whether a team is willing to give us a good draft pick and assume Zach's 2024 salary.  If one does, I think JD trades him.  If not, we roll the dice with Zach as QB2.  

1 hour ago, Maxta_p said:

Ive always been a believer in Zach on here. Ive got posts to back it up. 

So what happens if Zach continues to play lights out to finish out the year, who is the starting QB next year?

Ohh man these posts make me laugh 🤣 one game and Zach goes from worst qb in NFL for 3 years straight to starting over Aaron rodgers 🤣

• Haha 3