Baldy breaking down Zach & Ashtyn

jetsons

20 hours ago, jetsons said:

Thanks for posting….

Baldy is a bit of all team homer but he makes some excellent points. 

Also, several game breakdowns of Zach’s Texan game are quite telling in that they show him very decisively throwing the ball into tight windows which he was not really doing prior to this on a consistent basis and by his answers to post game questions he was being actively coached not to do.  

Another point I think is an interesting and important point is the fact that the Jets used pre-snap motion more than 40% in the Houston game for only the fourth time this year. What is important about that this fact is they are actually 3-1 in games in which they employed this strategy, with the lone loss being to Kansas City, a game in which the refs definitely impacted with poor officiating.

So IMO pre-snap motion is definitely something the Jets should employ against Miami this weekend if they wish to increase their chances of winning. 

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, CSNY said:

Finally learning the position and proper angles to take He should be starting next year or at the very least see significant playing time 

Ashtyn Davis is really interesting and has definitely played well.  The problem with him is position related not talent.  He is a really tough player (the safety play was such a beast move against the Texans) who plays best near the line of scrimmage however his body type is that of a true centerfielder but he lacks the instincts for that position.   

My thought is that he is a solid veteran who can play special teams and fill in on defense in certain situations and when injuries hit.  If he likes the coaching staff and doesnt want to move from NJ, he would be a good guy to sign around 2 years and $4-5 million.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thanks for posting….

Baldy is a bit of all team homer but he makes some excellent points. 

Also, several game breakdowns of Zach’s Texan game are quite telling in that they show him very decisively throwing the ball into tight windows which he was not really doing prior to this on a consistent basis and by his answers to post game questions he was being actively coached not to do.  

Another point I think is an interesting and important point is the fact that the Jets used pre-snap motion more than 40% in the Houston game for only the fourth time this year. What is important about that this fact is they are actually 3-1 in games in which they employed this strategy, with the lone loss being to Kansas City, a game in which the refs definitely impacted with poor officiating.

So IMO pre-snap motion is definitely something the Jets should employ against Miami this weekend if they wish to increase their chances of winning. 

I haven't watched the Baldy video yet but Jake Asman had a guy who said that pre-snap motion can help determine if the defense is in zone vs man.  But AR8 doesn't like pre-snap motion so Hack doesn't tend to use it.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Zach is back ? When was he actually there to make it back from ?

He definitely won’t have a good game, allow the jets to win tomorrow. Now that he realizes if Jets win, rodgers gets to come back and be the qb he never could be, be the Jet savior. He WILL NOT allow that to happen. If he throws a dud, he gets to audition and play pressure free last 3 games. Against some not great teams he knows he can do well against. I don’t have the heart to bet against him, but see this coming a mile away.. 

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I haven't watched the Baldy video yet but Jake Asman had a guy who said that pre-snap motion can help determine if the defense is in zone vs man.  But AR8 doesn't like pre-snap motion so Hack doesn't tend to use it.

An experienced, intelligent QB can usually tell if zone or man. 

On 12/15/2023 at 10:09 AM, bonkertons said:

I would 100% bring Davis back and let Whitehead walk.  Davis even with the breakout year should still be relatively cheap.  Let Dean come in and compete as well next year.  Put that extra money towards the offense.  

100% bring back Ash. I would consider bringing back Chuck Clark if he is healthy as well. Those two with Parks for next year. 

• Upvote 1