Zach’s “Injury” is a Farce

43 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think so. Zach has had a stranglehold on ownership since the second he was drafted. Special rules, no competition, etc. last years knee injury that went from a 3-5 week thing to a two month thing. He wasn’t mishandled, he was starting from the jump because he wanted to start. Rodgers being his buddy and his boyhood idol is was fine for him to be the backup. Wilson had no business being on the roster this year. 

There weren't special rules.  They simple misjudged he's ability to adjust to the NFL.  They also massively misjudged the talent around him.  Saleh and JD never adjusted to reality. 

JD failure to do anything at the trade deadline this year sent a message to the team.  Management quit on this years team.  Now they are going to scape goat Zach as a quiter when JD and Saleh quit on the team because they are protected this year and Zach wants out.  Easy target for the Zach haters to give management a mulligan.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There weren't special rules.  They simple misjudged he's ability to adjust to the NFL.  They also massively misjudged the talent around him.  Saleh and JD never adjusted to reality. 

JD failure to do anything at the trade deadline this year sent a message to the team.  Management quit on this years team.  Now they are going to scape goat Zach as a quiter when JD and Saleh quit on the team because they are protected this year and Zach wants out.  Easy target for the Zach haters to give management a mulligan.

Woody brought Wilson back. Not Douglas and Saleh.

15 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

If you, and so seemingly, so many people in this thread want to live in Conspiracy theories...good for you.  

I just want to know why the Jets would lie about their QB being concussion protocol (and having a concussion)?

Do you think they would want to protect the QB from embarrassment after he just quit on his team?

It really is silly.  

The reality is the dude got a concussion and was pulled from the game.  Nothing more to see here.  It happens a lot in the NFL.

I ask myself how could they not notice his head wasn't right before they did?  Do they not pay attention to this kid or even talk to him on the sidelines?  Kid seems tough as nails to me.  My gut tells me they all feel he f'ked their season/career and so they don't give a sh!t.  

• Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Woody brought Wilson back. Not Douglas and Saleh.

Woody is the owner.  He’s part of management.  Again mismanagement of the team and Zach isn’t Zach’s fault.   You seem to want to blame Zach for the Jets issues.  The mismanagement of the draft and Zach’s development is about Woody, JD and Saleh.

People often refuse to do the wrong thing.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

Woody is the owner.  He’s part of management.  Again mismanagement of the team and Zach isn’t Zach’s fault.   You seem to want to blame Zach for the Jets issues.  The mismanagement of the draft and Zach’s development is about Woody, JD and Saleh.

Woody is the problem. 

11 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I ask myself how could they not notice his head wasn't right before they did?  Do they not pay attention to this kid or even talk to him on the sidelines?  Kid seems tough as nails to me.  My gut tells me they all feel he f'ked their season/career and so they don't give a sh!t.  

They gave the wrong information on Becton and Zach on there previous injuries.  This is pretty common for this team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Has any QB who has dirted the ball that often in his first 2 yeas ever become a good QB?  Enough said re delusional thinking and this Owner/FO/CS.  

27 minutes ago, jamesr said:

What I found most disappointing is this - much of the pressure coming at Zach / Trevor was from the left side. The left side was being manned by our 1st round pick supposed cornerstone LT and our highly coveted (and highly priced) FA guard.

The fact that there was pretty much zero difference from those two vs. Billy Turnstile and RG #7 on the year is appalling. Their level of poor play yesterday cannot be blamed on injuries - they just flat out sucked.

The 2 problems with the team are qb and LT and that’s where douglas has failed miserably.  At least he did try and get rodgers and if even avt were healthy he’d be a serviceable LT.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Same.  I still am very interested to see how he'd do on a competent franchise, assuming the Jets didn't destroy him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Has a concussion ever been misdiagnosed as “dehydration”?

Asking for a friend

There are some overlapping symptoms (dizziness primarily) but dehydration is pretty easily diagnosed.

8 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Can you x-ray a concussion?

Unless you're looking for a skull Fx, not really.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

The whole team looked hungover 

Possible... 

The NFL is ass, and Zach is done for the year and probably with the Jets. But yesterday was a total disaster across the board for the NYJ.

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39138358/jaguars-qb-trevor-lawrence-enters-concussion-protocol-loss

@JagsFanJif I didn't see the game but did Trevor Lawrence fake his concussion too?  /s

Did Trevor Lawrence not want to play anymore 2 weeks ago and initially get reported as out due to "dehydration"? I mean c'mon.

• Thumb Down 2

25 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39138358/jaguars-qb-trevor-lawrence-enters-concussion-protocol-loss

@JagsFanJif I didn't see the game but did Trevor Lawrence fake his concussion too?  /s

@T0mShane again, it is hilarious that the best-case scenario is "well, ackshually, he really is injured, and isn't just faking it because he doesn't want to play anymore"

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Definitely true but I think it's Jets QBs in general until we get an elite one out there for more than 4 plays.

I’ll be very curious to see if Rodgers gets any star calls for us next year 

jets QBs almost never get the benefit of roughing calls (Zach finally got a couple this year, but there should have been at least 5ish more based on how things are called now) and star QBs usually get extra calls. 

unstoppable force meats immovable object . . . 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course not.  Concussions aren't always immediately diagnosed.

I wouldn't put too much into this fight.  It's the usual suspects complaining about non-senes.  I mean one guy honestly thinks Zach was only drafted and still here because a Jets sponsors wants him on the team.  

Don't take these people seriously as they're unworthy of serious discussion.

Zach Wilson stans are obviously the reasonable ones on here. 

Sound Of Music Laughing GIF by The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’ll be very curious to see if Rodgers gets any star calls for us next year 

jets QBs almost never get the benefit of roughing calls (Zach finally got a couple this year, but there should have been at least 5ish more based on how things are called now) and star QBs usually get extra calls. 

unstoppable force meats immovable object . . . 

It would be shocking to see Rodgers taking these sort of blows and NOT having 12 yellow flags on the ground. But it is the Jets so you can't rule it out I guess.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Definitely true but I think it's Jets QBs in general until we get an elite one out there for more than 4 plays.

Yes.  I suspect Rodgers would have been protected more by the refs.  But I mean the Jets just touch a guy after he throws the ball - or even slide off the guy...it's 15 yards...

Zach takes shots to his head and full force falling on him - over and over again.

Gotten one penalty called all year.

• Post of the Week 1