Rodgers Did Not Want To Be Added To 53 Man Roster

jetsrule128

Yes, the return of Aaron Rodgers to the Jets’ 53-man roster ultimately caused the team to move on from practice-squad defensive back Kalon Barnes. For that reason, Rodgers was actually opposed to returning to the 53-man roster.

Per a source with direct knowledge of the situation, Rodgers didn’t want to trigger someone eventually losing their job. He resisted re-joining the 53-man roster for that very reason. Ultimately, we’re told, G.M. Joe Douglas and coach Robert Saleh made the call to activate Rodgers upon the closing of his three-week practice window.

And having Rodgers at practice has had a benefit for the Jets. Rodgers, for example, ran the scout team on Friday, against the starting defense. It got spirited, we’re told. It got competitive, we’re told. It helped the defense get ready for Sunday’s game against the Commanders.

Ultimately, Barnes won’t lose much. He got paid for this week. And there are legitimate ways to make up the difference between what he would have made over the next two weeks on the practice squad, if he hadn’t been released.

The Jets also plan to bring him back for the 90-man offseason roster, when the current season ends. Which, for the Jets, will come in only 15 days.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

Yes, the return of Aaron Rodgers to the Jets’ 53-man roster ultimately caused the team to move on from practice-squad defensive back Kalon Barnes. For that reason, Rodgers was actually opposed to returning to the 53-man roster.

Per a source with direct knowledge of the situation, Rodgers didn’t want to trigger someone eventually losing their job. He resisted re-joining the 53-man roster for that very reason. Ultimately, we’re told, G.M. Joe Douglas and coach Robert Saleh made the call to activate Rodgers upon the closing of his three-week practice window.

And having Rodgers at practice has had a benefit for the Jets. Rodgers, for example, ran the scout team on Friday, against the starting defense. It got spirited, we’re told. It got competitive, we’re told. It helped the defense get ready for Sunday’s game against the Commanders.

Ultimately, Barnes won’t lose much. He got paid for this week. And there are legitimate ways to make up the difference between what he would have made over the next two weeks on the practice squad, if he hadn’t been released.

The Jets also plan to bring him back for the 90-man offseason roster, when the current season ends. Which, for the Jets, will come in only 15 days.

Not that I don't believe you but post a link.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas 🤡 sure runs a tight ship, eh

More leaks at 1JD than on RMS Titanic

It depends on if the leaks were approved by Lord Rodgers, first of his name, King of One Jets Drive and the Jetnation, Lord of the Sad Men, steward of Metlife Rock, Guardian of the End Zone and Master of the Dark Retreat.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds to me like Jets org overly worried about bad image after cutting Bawden so they bring him back only to cut another guy. Mishandled as usual. Players get cut and moved every day there's little security for most backup players in NFl. And now maybe more leaks this time coming from the Rodgers camp he's worried about his image too. If Rex were ever to come back to Jets as HC you can expect this kind of thing on steroids. When he was here it was a daily clown show even dumber than this. 

35 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Sounds to me like Jets org overly worried about bad image after cutting Bawden so they bring him back only to cut another guy. Mishandled as usual. Players get cut and moved every day there's little security for most backup players in NFl. And now maybe more leaks this time coming from the Rodgers camp he's worried about his image too. If Rex were ever to come back to Jets as HC you can expect this kind of thing on steroids. When he was here it was a daily clown show even dumber than this. 

Except we got two AFC Championship games with Rex. We can’t get 6 wins with these clowns.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Rex had only one good season as a HC including with the Bills, 2010. 

Eh, i don’t know… the regular seasons weren’t great but we had a couple good runs in the playoffs.

Two things that come to mind is getting aggravated with Sanchez, and loving how Rex stood up to Belichek. That playoff win was against them was epic, because I watched it in a aPats bar in Myrtle Beach and they’d blown us out on national tv a few weeks before. 
I talked so much trash in there it’s amazing I got out alive. 😂