Jets vs Commanders - The Game Thread

Maxman

14 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

JD and Saleh have to go. They should have been fired last year. THEY SUCK. THEY WILL CONTINUE TO RUIN THIS TEAM, WHICH HAS TALENT.

I can't stand them.  And Woody and Chris.  And we're going to have to deal with the same BS again all of next year, before the next complete rebuild begins.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

The Lions last year came back from the dead, won all those games. Missed the playoffs and totally screwed up their draft position. They should've just tanked right? 

Boom. We’ve ended enough seasons with a really bad taste in our mouth. The coaching staff is staying. Players need to stay bought in. We aren’t QB hunting this draft, I’d rather try something different this time around and end the season with some positivity. It blows my mind that there will be some people here that won’t want to end belichecks patriots coaching career with a loss to us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, hawk said:

WTF!  I leave the house Jets are up 27 to 7, then I check in Washington has the ball with 141 left up 28 to 27 and I am elated.  Good scoring, so assumed good showing and still lose.

Then, they won 30 to 28?

Washington played prevent defense as if they could give up a FG but not a TD.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Washington played prevent defense as if they could give up a FG but not a TD.  

They also completely turtled on offense. One first down wins the game, so Riverboat Ron calls three obvious runs and punts it back to us with plenty time left.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

The Lions last year came back from the dead, won all those games. Missed the playoffs and totally screwed up their draft position. They should've just tanked right? 

the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN The lions AND jets IS THEY have a QB not named Zach Wilson. Regardless, even with Rodgers next year, he needs to be protected.  The lions were very smart and took Sewell.  Our OL next year will be a problem again more than  likely. Its the one unit that demands cohesiveness, repetition, familiarity probably even more than Qb/WR. We will be going into next year with a center in his 2nd year, and AVT going into his 4th year with his past two injury plagued. Now we just lost out on a blue chip tackle which we desperately needed.  The OL is a mess. Not high hopes for it next year either. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

the DIFFERENCE BETWEEN The lions AND jets IS THEY have a QB not named Zach Wilson. Regardless, even with Rodgers next year, he needs to be protected.  The lions were very smart and took Sewell.  Our OL next year will be a problem again more than  likely. Its the one unit that demands cohesiveness, repetition, familiarity probably even more than Qb/WR. We will be going into next year with a center in his 2nd year, and AVT going into his 4th year with his past two injury plagued. Now we just lost out on a blue chip tackle which we desperately needed.  The OL is a mess. Not high hopes for it next year either. 

Goff was supposed to be a bridge qb, a throw in to get the stafford deal done. Hold the fort down to begin the season kind of guy. Goff wasn’t good with Mcvay towards the end of his rams run. The lions really lucked out with goff. I don’t think anyone saw that coming. But yea, offensive line needs to be the priority. I fully expect the jets to sell out and get this offensive line fixed, even if it causes some cap issues down the road. Rodgers will need to be protected next year, if he’s not, everyone will be gone. I’m not worried about the drop in draft order. A stud can be drafted or a bust can be drafted with any pick. There will be a player available that can help immediately, it’ll come down to JD finding that player.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Totally on point ... The experience will be memorable as ever ... the bad weather only will enhance the memory.... Enjoy it .. the moment will only happen once !!

Merry Christmas emoji301.pngemoji320.pngemoji319.pngemoji3590.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

thank you, it was awesome. started hot, got interesting at the end, and their first game was a JETS WIN!! they were skipping on their way out of the stadium.

Marry X-mas!

thank you, it was awesome. started hot, got interesting at the end, and their first game was a JETS WIN!! they were skipping on their way out of the stadium.
Marry X-mas!
Beautiful brother... That one will stick with them .. I promise you that

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, BP said:

Only a moron insures job security before a season is over. It literally serves no positive purpose other than idiocy.

I should also add that our championship defense almost sh*t the bed today after having a 20 point lead against the worst team in the league under the leadership of the great Bobby salad. “We embarrassed QBs “

just making sure I didn’t miss anything 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BP said:

I should also add that our championship defense almost sh*t the bed today after having a 20 point lead against the worst team in the league under the leadership of the great Bobby salad. “We embarrassed QBs “

just making sure I didn’t miss anything 

Saleh and "The Great Jeff Ulbrich" embarrassed Sam Howell tho!!!

I think we could all understand it if the Jets just sucked and had no talent but the penalties in year 3 of this regime are just unacceptable and an indictment on Saleh and staff. In the off chance we ever make the playoffs again (even with Rodgers) does anyone truly have confidence in Meathead and Cos. clock management and ability to reign in penalties???

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

So. How much better will the player be at 5 than at 12?

A lot.  A lot better.  That’s how most drafts work.  Pick higher, improve your odds at hitting.  And this class especially seems to have a couple elite OTs and an uber elite WR.  Of all the years to tank accidentally this was the one.  Our needs meshed with the quality of talent at the top nicely.  

This your first time as an NFL fan?

• Post of the Week 2

14 penalties for 150 yards.  Ugly win..and lost draft position with it..but I’m just not one to hope they lose. I understand the position of Jets fans taking the long view..wishing they lose out to gain a top pick. Good loyal Jets fans.

I happened to enjoy the win today..     mildly enjoyed it..mind you.  🤷‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

And yes I too want to get rid of Saleh and Douglas. If the Jets win out and go 8-9 i'd still fire both.

But it is good to see players care, want to win, and are just sick of losing. Some wins will be ugly. The NFL can be weird. All count the same

No, they f**king don’t.

Again…are you new to the NFL?  What is with these awful takes you’re dropping?  

• Post of the Week 1