the Jets are the Kings of useless wins

Dcat

On 12/24/2023 at 4:44 PM, Barton said:

It really is ridiculous. They had no business winning 2 of the last 3 games. What a bunch of aholes. 

Jet wins are stupid, dumb and unnecessary.

Unless we need wins as a reason to fire a CS or dump players. 

• Upvote 1

And the madness and inanity here continues with some celebrating these useless wins. And now the return of the same inept GM, HC and OC while other teams make successful changes mid stream. We continue to swim in an ocean of paralysis, overly concerned with the fate of those who should lose their jobs all for the sake of "continuity". A year from now we will be in the exact same place when 40 year old Rodgers has gone down with another season ending injury, and a team that has added even more of his over the hill buddies that are signed on inflated contracts this offseason and has us mired in salary cap purgatory. A team where it's few stars will be demanding trades and looking for early exits. It's coming, GW and Sauce will not be Jets for life. 

• Upvote 3

For better or worse, they are running it back.

If anyone gets fired, it will be Hackett. And that's a big if.

They're not taking a quarterback. They were never going pick high enough to snatch up the top OT.

It is what it is. The draft is a crapshoot, and the best player is seldomly selected first overall. Often times the best one or two players are selected outside the top 5.

I'll be happy with a tackle or receiver. Let's see how draft boards start to take shape before people get all bent out of shape.

13 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Also “franchise left tackle” is a stupid term. There are franchise QBs and that’s it, unless you’re talking about applying a franchise tag during a contract dispute.

Notwithstanding one year tags for players with a temporary contract stalemate, since there are also franchise tags for kickers and punters, there is one franchise player on the team: the QB.

…unless the team’s QB is Zach Wilson

Or Sam Darnold

Or 2000-teens Geno Smith

Or Mark Sanchez

PxTikw6Yzch8G6lnTxCpqqu4lnM=.gif

If you were talking to me, I was talking about franchising.  Guess we shall see about the rest.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Don't be a fool.  It's not an exact science, and of course you know that,  but the higher the draft pick, the better a team's chances of getting a solid player. And that is a fact no matter how much you falsely try to deny it.   So just stop with the "draft picks don't matter" flat out lies.  They do.

You’re the smartest guy here. I love you 

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s a snarky, smug prick.  Always has been but somehow he got even worse this year.  

Just curious, why do you think it is okay to type a personal attack like this?

Definitely not cool.

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Don't be a fool.  It's not an exact science, and of course you know that,  but the higher the draft pick, the better a team's chances of getting a solid player. And that is a fact no matter how much you falsely try to deny it.   So just stop with the "draft picks don't matter" flat out lies.  They do.

Don't argue with the guy who is happy we missed out on nick bosa.

Some people were raised eating lead paint and inhaling leaded gasoline fumes. If you look into it the side effects of that are

"In addition to causing cognitive and IQ deficits, the study authors point out that exposure to lead can cause problems with emotional regulation and have physical effects, such as producing deficits in fine motor skills."

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

You’re trying to debate with a grown man who’s heroes are thor and Godzilla. :rl: 

Think about that for a second and take it for what it’s worth.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Don't argue with the guy who is happy we missed out on nick bosa.

Some people were raised eating lead paint and inhaling leaded gasoline fumes. If you look into it the side effects of that are

"In addition to causing cognitive and IQ deficits, the study authors point out that exposure to lead can cause problems with emotional regulation and have physical effects, such as producing deficits in fine motor skills."

And despicably personally attacked you. Or was it notarsisarsisnot? There’s so many of you being personally attacked I can’t keep track. But that one was despicable though.

• Post of the Week 3

34 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Just curious, why do you think it is okay to type a personal attack like this?

Definitely not cool.

I dunno, why is it ok for Larz to be the way I described all the time?  Stuff like Calling people “honey” to antagonize when they disagree with him?  Yet when Mogglez did the same to him I recall Larz threatening to fight him, lol.

Just saying.  

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno, why is it ok for Larz to be the way I described all the time?  Stuff like Calling people “honey” to antagonize when they disagree with him?  Yet when Mogglez did the same to him I recall Larz threatening to fight him, lol.

Just saying.  

Do they play favorites here? Larz told Arsis to suck his d**k (without using **’s) in the IGT this Sunday, and he wasn’t reprimanded. yet Max is talking to you about what you said?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just saying.  

I did see Larz telling arsis to suck his dick yesterday or the day before. Maybe arsis will? I don’t know. 

the real mystery is why no game balls were given out after sundays heroic comeback lol

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Do they play favorites here? Larz told Arsis to suck his d**k (without using **’s) in the IGT this Sunday, and he wasn’t reprimanded. yet Max is talking to you about whatever it was you said?

Maybe instead of Max getting mad at a personal attack it’s up to Larz to stop antagonizing.  When everyone calls you a d**k, guess what, you’re a d**k.  It’s not up to us to be the ones to change. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, BP said:

I did see Larz telling arsis to suck his dick yesterday or the day before. Maybe arsis will? I don’t know. 

the real mystery is why no game balls were given out after sundays heroic comeback lol

I don't go near people who are concerned about being on the list being released in January.

3 minutes ago, Arsis said:

I don't go near people who are concerned about being on the list being released in January.

I want to make a joke about how larz would probably want you to dress up like a Viking warrior before said suckage, but i don’t want to get reprimanded so I won’t.

• Haha 3

On 12/24/2023 at 4:37 PM, Dcat said:

Too bad this team doesn't win when it counts.  That is what truly matters. This meaningless win has the sad byproduct of giving us a much lower draft pick. Same thing every year.  Tired of it.  Win when it counts dammit. 

Its one thing to win when it doesn't count. We are truly very good at playing with no pressure. What really bugs me is that we don't even use the meaningless games to gather information on future players.

All year we had to watch Dalvin Cook as the lead back every third series. Now when it doesn't mean anything we use Breece twice as much as usual and Ibanicanda just a tiny bit. 

Will McDonald should be playing the entire game. How many plays did he see against Washington? 13.

How many plays did Carl Lawson (who will be gone at seasons end and is therefore useless to or future) see? 13

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I want to make a joke about how larz would probably want you to dress up like a Viking warrior before said suckage, but i don’t want to get reprimanded so I won’t.

LMFAO! I just spit my drink out all over my iPad reading this.HAHAHA 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, choklits said:

Its one thing to win when it doesn't count. We are truly very good at playing with no pressure. What really bugs me is that we don't even use the meaningless games to gather information on future players.

All year we had to watch Dalvin Cook as the lead back every third series. Now when it doesn't mean anything we use Breece twice as much as usual and Ibanicanda just a tiny bit. 

Will McDonald should be playing the entire game. How many plays did he see against Washington? 13.

How many plays did Carl Lawson (who will be gone at seasons end and is therefore useless to or future) see? 13

The Jets coaching staff, their training staff, their media and public relations staff are all abominations. The organization has no clue what to do at this point. They don’t think outside the box and celebrate both meaningless wins and losses like they won the super bowl.

And you’re surprised they’re not playing rookies in meaningless games?