It begins: Davante Adams flirting with the Jets on Twitter

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Will Devante Adams fix our WR group the same way Dalvin Cook fixed our RB group?

But this time it'll cost multiple times what Cook cost, in salary and picks to acquire?

Hey, maybe they'll trade the 2025 #1, #2 and #3, they're just picks right?  Who needs those when we're "ALL IN WITH RODGERS 2024".

It's getting as uglier than I ever thought it would be. After next year this franchise is going all the way back to the stone age. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Ah I was wonder why he wanted to change numbers.

Adams would be a welcome addition.in this wr.room. be a great for a marshall type deal

GW wanted his old #.
But go ahead talk about getting DeVante Adams here. We’re not giving up the #10 pick for him, and we don’t have a 2nd rounder. Then there’s his contract.

Aaron Rodgers to DeVante Adams is so 2018.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

GW wanted his old #.
But go ahead talk about getting DeVante Adams here. We’re not giving up the #10 pick for him, and we don’t have a 2nd rounder. Then there’s his contract.

it seems like just two days ago I was hearing how the Play off bound Green Bay Packers are youngest team in league with a great future. Smart enough to unload all their old injured guys someplace. Davante Adams could very well be a Jet and it very likely won't work either. By 2026-2027 it's likely none of us will recognized more than a dozen names on our roster and the brand new hottest DC ever as our new head coach. 

• Upvote 2

Before the season he was a must have for most and know its we want nothing to do with him. Jets fans. We are not giving a first round pick for him.  It’s going to be a long off season, again.  Woody and his boys will keep us entertained no worries, there is always 1JD to remember how good this team will be according to the producers. 

20 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

it seems like just two days ago I was hearing how the Play off bound Green Bay Packers are youngest team in league with a great future. Smart enough to unload all their old injured guys someplace. Davante Adams could very well be a Jet and it very likely won't work either. By 2026-2027 it's likely none of us will recognized more than a dozen names on our roster and the brand new hottest DC ever as our new head coach. 

We’ve both followed this team for a long time. None of that happening should surprise either of us.
I’ve reached the point where I just roll with it. I enjoy the infrequent wins and I laugh at the losing. I put this season in the rear view mirror Sunday afternoon around 4pm.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

We are not giving a first round pick for him.

His contract is so punitive  for Vegas next year that i don't think it'll take a 1st round pick.  

Current Contract

(Franchise, signed 2022)
 (📝: indicates contract trigger occuring during that year)
Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Per Game Roster Bonus Workout Bonus Other Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $98,700,000 $39,250,000 $2,550,000 $500,000 $500,000   $26,420,000   $140,500,000    
2022 30 $3,500,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $250,000   $3,500,000   $12,210,000 5.9%      
2023 📝 31 $6,030,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $250,000   $6,030,000   $14,740,000 6.3%      
2024 32 $16,890,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $0   $16,890,000   $25,350,000 10.1%  
$40,440,000
($15,090,000)
2025 33 $35,640,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $0   $0   $44,100,000 17.0%  
$15,700,000
$28,400,000
2026 34 $36,640,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $0   $0   $44,100,000 15.5%  
$7,850,000
$36,250,000
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

His contract is quite so punitive  for Vegas next year that i don't think it'll take a 1st round pick.  

Current Contract

(Franchise, signed 2022)
 (📝: indicates contract trigger occuring during that year)
Year Age Base Salary Prorated Bonus Per Game Roster Bonus Workout Bonus Other Bonus   Guaranteed Salary   Cap
Number
Cap %  
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total   $98,700,000 $39,250,000 $2,550,000 $500,000 $500,000   $26,420,000   $140,500,000    
2022 30 $3,500,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $250,000   $3,500,000   $12,210,000 5.9%      
2023 📝 31 $6,030,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $250,000   $6,030,000   $14,740,000 6.3%      
2024 32 $16,890,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $0   $16,890,000   $25,350,000 10.1%  
$40,440,000
($15,090,000)
2025 33 $35,640,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $0   $0   $44,100,000 17.0%  
$15,700,000
$28,400,000
2026 34 $36,640,000 $7,850,000 $510,000 $100,000 $0   $0   $44,100,000 15.5%  
$7,850,000
$36,250,000

I hope not, it would make no sense for a 1-2 year rental WR that just turned 31.

Douglas and Saleh are absolutely going all in on 2024.  As they should.  Rodgers window is shrinking.  Douglas is a lame duck on the last year of his contract and on a very warm seat.  Saleh is one failed season (perhaps even a poor start to a season) away from being fired.

This is what Woody wants.  The Jets are running it back, and they are shooting for a championship in 2024.

Trading for Adams is a strong possibility.  Raiders want to offload him, Jets will be loading up for a run, and Rodgers has a long, successful history with him.  It's probably going to happen.  Just embrace it.

And in all honesty, adding a healthy Rodgers, Adams, and a couple of high draft picks on the OLine will go a long way toward making this a functional, watchable offense.

Davante Adams just had a better season than Garrett Wilson.  The pair would give the Jets their best one two punch since Marshall and Decker in 2015.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Yeah why just sign a guy like Pittman, Ridley, Higgins, Evans. Instead let’s trade capital and pay the oldest guy available in Davante Adams. Ffs 

You really think the jets will be able to land a big time WR in free agency? This is one of the worst landing spots in the league. WRers need stats to pay the bills. With some of the worst tax rates in the NFL, a league leading playoff drought, a 40 year old qb coming off an achillies injury, and an offense that has finished 28th or worse over the last 5 seasons, why on earth would a desirable WR pick this team? Only shot at landing an impact WR will either be via trade or the draft. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, extmenace said:

You really think the jets will be able to land a big time WR in free agency? This is one of the worst landing spots in the league. WRers need stats to pay the bills. With some of the worst tax rates in the NFL, a league leading playoff drought, a 40 year old qb coming off an achillies injury, and an offense that has finished 28th or worse over the last 5 seasons, why on earth would a desirable WR pick this team? Only shot at landing an impact WR will either be via trade or the draft. 

If they can leverage huff to land an OL or wr it will be easier to get a good one vs if they’re bidding in the open market.  Odds are they can’t and have to use the draft

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

If they can leverage huff to land an OL or wr it will be easier to get a good one vs if they’re bidding in the open market.  Odds are they can’t and have to use the draft

Only way we land a desirable WR in free agency is if we find ourselves in a CJ Mosley situation. Where the money is just so over the top vs the other bids that they have to take the deal or a leveon bell type situation where we are bidding against ourselves. 

I always cringe when people say “let’s just get so and so in free agency.” The players have to want to come here for that to happen. Just because the jets have interest doesn’t mean they can sign a player. This team is used every off season to get the other team to pay more money. 

36 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

Wilson talked last season about changing to #5, and now he has. Totally unrelated to Adams, but a fun coincidence to discuss nonetheless.

Sure, but this is Davante Adams specifically retweeting Morstead about handing off #5 to Wilson, thus freeing up #17 with the Jets.

It’s no secret that Rodgers and Adams are close and it’s not crazy to think that they would want to reunite and finish their careers together chasing a ring in NY.

Adams and Wilson would instantly give the Jets one of the Top 3 WR duo’s in the league over the next two seasons.

The Jets went all in as soon as they made the trade for Rodgers. Now’s not the time to suddenly pussyfoot around and start worrying about ramifications 3-4 years down the line.

Douglas and Saleh are f*cked if things go awry again anyways.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Yeah why just sign a guy like Pittman, Ridley, Higgins, Evans. Instead let’s trade capital and pay the oldest guy available in Davante Adams. Ffs 

Who’s to say that any of those dudes actually hit FA?

We do this whole dance every year and then once free agency actually starts, most of these guys people were talking about in December-February have either been extended or franchised.

• Upvote 2

Imagine this, I am not saying it can happen but dream with me.

Offensive line gets fixed through trades and free agency.

Gets trade for Adams.

Brock Bowers is the 1st round pick.

Rodgers under center. Breece in the backfield.

Adams and Wilson at WR and Bowers at Tight End.

Damn Lazard might even be able to contribute he would be so open.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, BeaconJet said:

Wilson talked last season about changing to #5, and now he has. Totally unrelated to Adams, but a fun coincidence to discuss nonetheless.

This is 100% the truth. Good memory. Wilson tweeted about the # change, it isn't related to Adams. Like you said, it is fun though.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Normally I'd agree but there are 5-7 WRs that are clear upgrades who are slated to be available in free agency. If Douglas can't land 1 of them we've got serious problems 

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gets trade for Adams.

This is exactly what I want, while running more 12 personnel than anyone in the league.

Adams and Wilson out wide, Bowers and Conklin at TE, with Breece in the backfield, a fortified OL and a healthy, more motivated than ever Aaron Rodgers at QB.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We do this whole dance every year and then once free agency actually starts, most of these guys people were talking about in December-February have either been extended or franchised.

Agreed.  And to take it a step further, we are likely to be competing with the Chiefs for a front line starting WR.  So if a guy like Higgins or Evans does reach FA, and the Chiefs come calling -- are you going to a perennial playoff team with a young QB in his prime or are you going to a forever rebuilding Jets team with a 40-year old QB coming off a major injury. 

I would love to get one of those two guys, rather than trade for Adams, but I will believe it when I see it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Normally I'd agree but there are 5-7 WRs that are clear upgrades who are slated to be available in free agency. If Douglas can't land 1 of them we've got serious problems 

i'm ok if they don't draft any wrs this year, go for OL and get a qb in here. 

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

There will be quality WRs available that aren't 31yrs old and won't require draft capital is my point. Jets can clear like $60 million in cap space they should be able to lure an upgrade to NYC without spending $ and capital. It's Douglas we're talking about though so whatever happens won't make sense anyways so idk why we even talk about it lol

The world just watched a desperate Joe Douglas get fleeced in that Aaron rodgers deal for a player the other team wanted to get rid of.

Now all of a sudden we are going to get Adams on the cheap?

Not happening.

If I'm the Raiders I ask for our 1st plus, wait the jets out and settle for the 1st.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i'm ok if they don't draft any wrs this year, go for OL and get a qb in here. 

Yeah I think getting a WR in free agency will be a hell of a lot easier than OL. I'm hoping for a WR, Brissett and a decent Guard if we can get that lucky. I have no idea what to do for OT 

5 minutes ago, SR24 said:

There will be quality WRs available that aren't 31yrs old and won't require draft capital is my point. Jets can clear like $60 million in cap space they should be able to lure an upgrade to NYC without spending $ and capital. It's Douglas we're talking about though so whatever happens won't make sense anyways so idk why we even talk about it lol

I don’t care about chasing another Allen Lazard or Corey Davis in FA.

The Jets are all in with a two year window to make it happen.

It’s obvious they aren’t going to spend big on re-signing a guy like Huff, and I guarantee it’s because they plan to pump pretty much every resource available into the OL and skill positions this offseason, in addition to setting aside $6-8 mill on a Tannehill or Minshew type to be the backup QB.

It’s literally the only sane, logical course of action.

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Gets trade for Adams.

Ok - I’ll play - How does the offensive line get fixed via free agency? Be specific. 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Yeah I think getting a WR in free agency will be a hell of a lot easier than OL. I'm hoping for a WR, Brissett and a decent Guard if we can get that lucky. I have no idea what to do for OT 

the main reasons they sucked this year was becton, the OL injuries and no backup qb.  go hard in the draft and FA on the OL and use resources to draft a real backup qb of the future while also looking to get a real experienced backup.  the wrs will take care of themselves much moreso than the OL and qb. 

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

GW wanted his old #.

You might just be given up #10 and something else.    A Rodgers is the Jets Gm. What he wants , he’s going to get.  No matter what the cost.  

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok - I’ll play - How does the offensive line get fixed via free agency? Be specific. 

Tyron Smith/Bakhtiari on an incentive laden, short term deal and adding a guy like Jon Runyan in FA.

Hypothetically:

LT Smith

LG Tomlinson

C Tippmann

RG Runyan

RT AVT 

Draft another OT in the 3rd to develop with Warren and move Mitchell inside as a Billy Turner replacement. Draft an OG with one of the 4th’s or the 6th. I think Schweitzer still has another year left on his deal too.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Tyron Smith/Bakhtiari on an incentive laden, short term deal and adding a guy like Jon Runyan in FA.

Hypothetically:

LT Smith

LG Tomlinson

C Tippmann

RG Runyan

RT AVT 

Draft another OT in the 3rd to develop with Warren and move Mitchell inside as a Billy Turner replacement. Draft an OG with one of the 4th’s or the 6th. I think Schweitzer still has another year left on his deal too.

Bakhtiari is a no-go for me. If we sign that guy, we deserve the season-ending injury when it happens. 

Smith would be my target, but I think the market for him will be robust and I'm skeptical we'll land him