On 1/15/2024 at 10:46 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yeah right, I’m sure those front row seats, his Uber / gas / parking, and whatever food / beverage he consumed there cost less than $6 total 

my message to this “look at me” guy:

go away gtfo GIF

did not sign up for peacock see the game etc but just got an Email that I was randomly chosen to get Peacock for 1 year for $2.

and i dont care how cold it is - that hat is unacceptable.  

On 1/15/2024 at 10:08 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

image.thumb.png.e83de34159a01e04ed8262f943d76fa7.png

On 1/15/2024 at 10:46 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yeah right, I’m sure those front row seats, his Uber / gas / parking, and whatever food / beverage he consumed there cost less than $6 total 

my message to this “look at me” guy:

go away gtfo GIF

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

did not sign up for peacock see the game etc but just got an Email that I was randomly chosen to get Peacock for 1 year for $2.

and i dont care how cold it is - that hat is unacceptable.  

Between the hat and his overbite he looks like a beaver. 🦫 

@Spoot-Face @Beaver

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2024 at 8:28 AM, Bugg said:

ESPN is built into most cable packages. Verizon or Spectrum passed it along and you never knew; it was part of the basic package. Or was until just now. And as cable providers make it more pick&choose, they're losing subscriptions. And why the streaming thing might not be so great. Finding out a lot of people either don't care about sports or aren't keen on paying for it directly. ESPN wants to go to some kind of direct subscription/streaming service. They have a lot of expensive overhead ; expensive talent nobody really cares about, studios in NY, LA, CT and huge rights fees. They're paying Aikman, Buck, Mike Greenberg and Screaming A. and many other nonhackers ridiculous $. People are tuning in to the NFL even  if you put a senile grandma and Carrot Top on as the announcers. Do Aikman or Buck cause 1 more person to watch? And the rest of their programming is morons screaming at each other. Well-paid morons in high end studios; the NYC Seaport set overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge alone has to cost an insane amount of cash; there's no value added for that other than it looks cool.  This isn't a well run company.

Claiming they had 23 million people watch. At a loss how they calculate that. If someone had The 'Cock and they put it one for a minute, does that count? How many people viewed it? Do they believe say, 4 people viewed every subscription? No doubt they did business, but it's still disgusting greed. Streaming is expensive for consumers, the tech sucks and not really all that clear it makes any more sense for content providers either. Netflix got in early and even they're having issues. Amazon is huge. Everybody else; big question marks. 

Cable TV is not?

My wife and I 'cut the cord' last year.  We maintain our internet package and have signed up for several steaming services.  We are easily saving $50-$75.

The Chiefs game was fine.  Paramount+ games are good as well.  Amazon needs to work on their production.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:35 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

How many paid subscribers does Peacock have?

30 million paying

Peacock now has 30 million paying subscribers. Comcast CEO Mike Cavanagh revealed the number during the UBS Global Media and Communications on Monday, where he also said the company rakes in about $10 per user every month.Dec 4, 2023
Yep, 76% of all their subscribers watched the game.
LMFAO...........
  • Haha 1

Anyone find it unusual that the KC/MIA game is being touted as one of the coldest in NFL history. But in Buffalo, where the temps won't get as dangerously cold as KC, they're moving the game to Monday. I guess if Peacock is paying the big bucks, they want it in the timeslot they pushed for - damn the fans.

You do realize it was the snow and not the temperature, right?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 1/15/2024 at 9:50 AM, Integrity28 said:

I’m sure they have KPIs for new and retained subscribers and the resources to hit them in order to reach profitability. 

They have the data and people whose job it is to forecast the business value of a venture like this. It wasn’t a gamble. It was good business. Hence, they broke records. Your take couldn’t have been more wrong.

They got a lot more than I expected.  

I still expect it to be a money loser. 

peacock is expected to lose 2.8 billion dollars this year.   They don’t appear to have good forecasters. 

58 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

They got a lot more than I expected.  

I still expect it to be a money loser. 

peacock is expected to lose 2.8 billion dollars this year.   They don’t appear to have good forecasters. 

Head Nod Tell Me More GIF by ALLBLK

On 1/16/2024 at 3:45 PM, PFSIKH said:

Cable TV is not?

My wife and I 'cut the cord' last year.  We maintain our internet package and have signed up for several steaming services.  We are easily saving $50-$75.

The Chiefs game was fine.  Paramount+ games are good as well.  Amazon needs to work on their production.

Have Amazon, because everybody has an Amazon account.

Takes I don't know how many clicks on the remote to load. And then the video or audio drop in and out. Had this experience in both houses. Often you get an error message and have to start all over again. When it does load, you're locked in No changing the station. Or you have to climb the mountain all over again. 

Amazon does have Al Michaels, who may be the best ever at calling games. Herbstreit is fine. Shame the audio drops so much. But they also have a very weird collection of pre/post/half personnel, which you're stuck watching because you can't toggle out to another channel. Fitzmagic!; yeah, no. Screaming, Richard Sherman, Andrew Wentworth modeling hoodies. And then the very weird case of Tony Gonzalez. He has nothing to say. And really the only thing remotely interesting about him is his ex-wife's new husband owns Amazon. Is he there as part of the divorce settlement?  The halftime show would only be interesting if they asked Tony about this cuck arrangement for 15 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Head Nod Tell Me More GIF by ALLBLK

Netflix and Amazon are okay because they got in first. Even Netflix though is taking a step back and cutting production of original programming. The rest, remains to be seen if any of it works. All the big media companies rushed in to create streaming platforms. But consumers aren't liking them enough to buy a lot of them. 

Saw yesterday Amazon bought up a mess of failing local cable sports channels. 

26 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Have Amazon, because everybody has an Amazon account.

Takes I don't know how many clicks on the remote to load. And then the video or audio drop in and out. Had this experience in both houses. Often you get an error message and have to start all over again. When it does load, you're locked in No changing the station. Or you have to climb the mountain all over again. 

Amazon does have Al Michaels, who may be the best ever at calling games. Herbstreit is fine. Shame the audio drops so much. But they also have a very weird collection of pre/post/half personnel, which you're stuck watching because you can't toggle out to another channel. Fitzmagic!; yeah, no. Screaming, Richard Sherman, Andrew Wentworth modeling hoodies. And then the very weird case of Tony Gonzalez. He has nothing to say. And really the only thing remotely interesting about him is his ex-wife's new husband owns Amazon. Is he there as part of the divorce settlement?  The halftime show would only be interesting if they asked Tony about this cuck arrangement for 15 minutes. 

I have Amazon because my wife buys a crap ton of stuff from it.  😂

Their production is the worst.  Most of the play by play is white noise.  Amazon's picture quality sucks.  It is like watching a YouTube video on the lowest rendering.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

Netflix and Amazon are okay because they got in first. Even Netflix though is taking a step back and cutting production of original programming. The rest, remains to be seen if any of it works. All the big media companies rushed in to create streaming platforms. But consumers aren't liking them enough to buy a lot of them. 

Saw yesterday Amazon bought up a mess of failing local cable sports channels. 

I mean, this is what I was saying. Streaming broke up the cable monopoly, we’re currently in a Wild West of market establishment, and what’ll happen is that too many options and u realistic pricing or bundling options will create demand for a “one-stop-shop” option… then we’ll have a few steaming giants gobble it all up and establish a monopoly on it.

Time is a flat circle.

1 hour ago, PFSIKH said:

I have Amazon because my wife buys a crap ton of stuff from it.  😂

Their production is the worst.  Most of the play by play is white noise.  Amazon's picture quality sucks.  It is like watching a YouTube video on the lowest rendering.

Yep, their devices suck too. The firesticks are trash, their smart tv based version of their app is trash, and all the echoes are junk. Constant buffering, etc.

I do like some of their original content though.

Only good product is the paper white tablet. Narrowed focus on what it does = does it great. 

• Upvote 2

So Peacock had an introductory one year fee of $30 that sounds like a good deal. Not sure what it included they usually get you for different tiers with the really good premium stuff like Oppenheimer on the most expensive tier. If they took any initial losses the idea is to get you in as a customer and plan long term. They assume a percentage of customers aren't good consumers and will just keep paying. Pay TV has been around for a long time and this is just a version of it. To me even more annoying are the constant promos for online gambling and shows built to encourage you to gamble. Of course with phony disclaimers on not betting above your limit. A minute later they're tossing out incentives to get you to gamble more. 

Add this add blocker and I'll give you links for all NFL games

Movies and TV series

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock-plus-free-ad-bloc/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb?hl=en-US

NFL links appear on game day and start working an hour before the game

buffstream best link

https://top.nflstreamlinks.com/sports/american-football/0/nfl

Movies & TV series

movies2watch.tv/movie

On 1/18/2024 at 10:05 AM, HighPitch said:

I hope all you losers have not forgotten to cancel peacock

Because thats how they get you......you forget and before you know it 10 months rolled by until you say HMMMMMMMM

It's true. I signed up for a trial of DAZN for one Canelo fight and they got me for like 200 bucks because I forgot to cancel for 2 years.

The best part about doing that is my wife will literally not let a day go by without reminding me that it happened.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's true. I signed up for a trial of DAZN for one Canelo fight and they got me for like 200 bucks because I forgot to cancel for 2 years.

The best part about doing that is my wife will literally not let a day go by without reminding me that it happened.

Exactly. Happened to me too thats why i refuse to play the game. I know its my failt

On 1/17/2024 at 8:36 AM, Fantasy Island said:
How many paid subscribers does Peacock have?

30 million paying

Peacock now has 30 million paying subscribers. Comcast CEO Mike Cavanagh revealed the number during the UBS Global Media and Communications on Monday, where he also said the company rakes in about $10 per user every month.Dec 4, 2023
Yep, 76% of all their subscribers watched the game.
LMFAO...........

so with 30 million subscribers and a U.S. population around 300 million (and are the 30 million subs world-wide?) that would mean 90% of the people in the U.S. don't have Peacock.  Yup, sounds like a winner to me.  No wonder they lost so much money!

• Upvote 1