~~~Sunday NFL Playoff Football Games - Path to the Superbowl~~~ 01/28

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Jets could have had Mahomes and Jackson 

Wasn't Lamar the last pick of the 1st round the year he was taken?  That means every team could've had him.

As far as Mahomes, I think he went 11th.  Basically any team could've traded up for him.

Don't forget though that the Jets could've had Brock Purdy 7 different times!

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Who's bumpin the Lamar Jackson thread? 

Gladly.  1-1 in the playoffs this year.

He threw for 500 yards, 65 comp%, 3 TD's and ran for 150 and 2 TDs.   Pretty much balled out in the playoffs.  Sucks his team choked. 

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

The fix is in. It's been in ever since the refs pulled out a phantom DPI penalty against Sauce. The NFL cares nothing for the hardcore fans. They just want the "Swifties" watching the Super Bowl. Blatant favouritism of one team over the rest of the league.

And the ironic thing is, the Chiefs didn't need the zebras to wear their Chiefs jerseys under their shirts. The Ravens melted down hard. Horrible coaching on offence. What was Monken doing? Jackson came up small when it mattered most. Spagnuolo came up with a tremendous game plan to take away the Ravens' strengths from them, and the Ravens obliged by not doing what they have done best all season.

• More Ugh 2

Truly great teams win in more than one way.

KC's offense was not the juggernaut they were in the past but this year their D carried them, which was a weakness when this all started.

As for Lamar and the Ravens?  Way to early to blast him as a choker.

You lose until you finally win.

It is really hard to win a game in the NFL

Harder to make the playoffs

Harder to get to title games

Harder to win it all.

I am going to take a sacred cow to task in this game, that being John Harbaugh.

They emphasized that he told his players to rough up mahomes if he ran and they took 3 terrible roughing calls.

The play by Flowers?  Well that is discipline as well, this is on the sacred cow coach as much as it is the QB.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Only two teams won on the road in the playoffs this year. The Lions in Dallas, and the Chief this week and last.

Right.  But look at the number of home faves — some double digit — that lost this year.  And you’re talking about #1 and 2 seeds going down in playoffs at home.

1 minute ago, JustInFudge said:

Gladly.  1-1 in the playoffs this year.

He threw for 500 yards, 65 comp%, 3 TD's and ran for 150 and 2 TDs.   Pretty much balled out in the playoffs.  Sucks his team choked. 

Stick to explaining how Justin fields should be in the hall of fame

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

The fix is in. It's been in ever since the refs pulled out a phantom DPI penalty against Sauce. The NFL cares nothing for the hardcore fans. They just want the "Swifties" watching the Super Bowl. Blatant favouritism of one team over the rest of the league.

And the ironic thing is, the Chiefs didn't need the zebras to wear their Chiefs jerseys under their shirts. The Ravens melted down hard. Horrible coaching on offence. What was Monken doing? Jackson came up small when it mattered most. Spagnuolo came up with a tremendous game plan to take away the Ravens' strengths from them, and the Ravens obliged by not doing what they have done best all season.

But you NEG repped me for saying that a few pages back…….I believe that. The NFL did all it could to help KC.   Baltimore imploded but got no calls and plenty could have been called.  

• More Ugh 2

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

The refs were pretty fair today. Baltimore couldn’t move the ball and they were unhinged and stupid throughout. Spare me. 

Soft flags called on the Ravens, while the Chiefs got away with a lot of grabbing on Ravens jerseys. One is not like the other.

• More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, southparkcpa said:

But you NEG repped me for saying that a few pages back…….I believe that. The NFL did all it could to help KC.   Baltimore imploded but got no calls and plenty could have been called.  

eh? You have me confused with someone else, bub. Haven't been on this site today until I made my post.