Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

47 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We have no idea what’s false though, do we?

@Mogglez gave us an idea and a lot of what he pointed out makes sense. However as I said before as well I'm all for pushing any news about the Jets CS if it means they get canned faster, regardless of truthfulness..

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Mogglez gave us an idea and a lot of what he pointed out makes sense. However as I said before as well I'm all for pushing any news about the Jets CS if it means they get canned faster, regardless of truthfulness..

I agree and the sooner we move on from Saleh the better off we'll be.

It's sad knowing that even if Rodgers was neutral to retaining Saleh, Woody Johnson would have fired Saleh this year....but Rodgers only wants Saleh here because he knows that he's just a defensive coordinator and will allow Rodgers to be the de facto head coach.

Only the Jets....even Tom Brady answered to Arians in his second act team era.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

• I am not a stupid or gullible person, but I believe that the essence of that story is true.   There may be some exaggerations here and there, but the dysfunction and incompetence are all believeable.  
  • For Woody to fire Saleh and possibly JD this year, it’s like a $25mm swing in terms of severance and what he has to pay their replacements.  Even if Vrabel is available this year, and next year it is going to be Adam Gase, BB and Pete Carroll.  
  • This year is a business decision.  AR8 will be advertising season tickets, Ulbrich, AR8 and Boyer basically run the team, Woody saves money, and he puts off any unpleasantry for another year.  IO think he thinks its a good strategy.  I think it makes things worse.  
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, varjet said:
  • I am not a stupid or gullible person, but I believe that the essence of that story is true.   There may be some exaggerations here and there, but the dysfunction and incompetence are all believeable.  
  • For Woody to fire Saleh and possibly JD this year, it’s like a $25mm swing in terms of severance and what he has to pay their replacements.  Even if Vrabel is available this year, and next year it is going to be Adam Gase, BB and Pete Carroll.  
  • This year is a business decision.  AR8 will be advertising season tickets, Ulbrich, AR8 and Boyer basically run the team, Woody saves money, and he puts off any unpleasantry for another year.  IO think he thinks its a good strategy.  I think it makes things worse.  

$25mm swing; why it won't happen

Just curious, has any of this story been corroborated by ANY other reporter? Has it even been addressed by the usual suspects? Cimini, Costello, Hughes, etc.? It seems to me that its just... a non-starter in any of the usual "Sports Media" circles. Weird.

I can confirm that when there is smoke, there's usually fire... but this story seems like it's just DOA everywhere but Message Boards.

What's the deal?

27 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just curious, has any of this story been corroborated by ANY other reporter? Has it even been addressed by the usual suspects? Cimini, Costello, Hughes, etc.? It seems to me that its just... a non-starter in any of the usual "Sports Media" circles. Weird.

I can confirm that when there is smoke, there's usually fire... but this story seems like it's just DOA everywhere but Message Boards.

What's the deal?

The only thing the Jets beat covers is Huffs contract situation and if AVT might move to tackle. 

23 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

55? Oh boy, so I have 2.5 years of fun times left?? NOOOOOOO

I'm not saying you can't have fun after 55, but you may have to plan a little longer recovery time following said fun. For instance in my 40's on the weekend I could go to the go to the gym train hard, go home hang out with kids play some basketball or hike and then go swimming or even Jet skiing. Come Monday I felt great and no harm no foul.  At 58? I open the damn fridge too fast I have to go get cryotherapy and ROM exercises for my rotator cuff. It's not so much what you can or can't do, but how long it takes to come back from what you do.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I'm not saying you can't have fun after 55, but you may have to plan a little longer recovery time following said fun. For instance in my 40's on the weekend I could go to the go to the gym train hard, go home hang out with kids play some basketball or hike and then go swimming or even Jet skiing. Come Monday I felt great and no harm no foul.  At 58? I open the damn fridge too fast I have to go get cryotherapy and ROM exercises for my rotator cuff. It's not so much what you can or can't do, but how long it takes to come back from what you do.

Yep. That I've already found to be reality. I did my last PL meet at 51, hit my best #'s ever... and called it a career. LOL. Same thing with leaving the FD. I could do everything I used to be able to do at a Fire, but if we got another one 4 hours later, I was spent quick and the next day would be shot. I took nearly a YEAR off from the gym for a variety of reasons, and just started back in. Conditioning is sh*t right now, but I'm done with hitting it hard (I won't be looking to bench over 315 anymore, and I am DONE with Squatting - Leg Press from now on), and it will just be to maintain muscle mass and flexibility. Its weird, when I was DL'ing heavy and training right, I NEVER had any back issues. Since I stopped, I get lower back pain.. but I found a GREAT new gym close to home with everything I could want including Sauna, Steam room, Hot Tub etc (Its actually part of the Hospital System here), so... I'm back at it. Gotta keep fighting Father Time. He'll win, but doesn't mean I'll quit. Plus, unlike many ny age, I'm in my 50's and have a 12 year old. Gotta stick around a bit...

• Post of the Week 2

On 2/2/2024 at 9:53 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's also funny that Woody cares so much about uniforms but he completely screwed them up 5 years ago, when we went from one of the best to one of the worst uni's in the NFL.

#Clothes

he's a guy whose priorities as an owner of a sports franchise are not where any other owner's in any sport should be. You watch TT, when it gets nearer to Election Day, if the Jets floundering around the .500 mark at 3 and 3, or 3-4, he'll cede the day to day ops to Chris while he goes off trying to convince the world along with trump that the 2024 election was also stolen.

• Haha 1

Can’t wait to meet the WR coach they hire after next season to be head coach. I’m sure things will be very different.  

The worst part of this whole thing is it broke during the senior bowl with everyone wondering where Hogan was and with no other news it was water cooler conversation for the whole NFL community.  The universal opinion had to be something along the lines of “what a disaster, so happy I’m not there “

the next fire/hire cycle will bring truly “D” level candidates 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Pinched a nerve in my back last week stepping over a low rock wall 😂

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

he's a guy whose priorities as an owner of a sports franchise are not where any other owner's in any sport should be. You watch TT, when it gets nearer to Election Day, if the Jets floundering around the .500 mark at 3 and 3, or 3-4, he'll cede the day to day ops to Chris while he goes off trying to convince the world along with trump that the 2024 election was also stolen.

image.gif.afa315b6b7fe8d3fa815911350e6ecd8.gif

you’re gonna lock the thread

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

On 1/31/2024 at 7:17 AM, The Crusher said:

Nice recap. But, none of it is a surprise like at all. The real awful part is it’s not over yet and next year it’s all just going to get worse. They say winning cures all ills but this team is well past that in my opinion. Nothing but old fashion bleach, taking the trash to the curb and starting over is going to fix this reactionary mess of total and complete  incompetence.  

Ehhhh plenty of dysfunctional teams went on to win championships. Get that menu ready for Super Bowl 2025 Jets vs ?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Ehhhh plenty of dysfunctional teams went on to win championships. Get that menu ready for Super Bowl 2025 Jets vs ?

Truth is only thing that can ruin a Super Bowl meal for me would be if the Jets actually played in it. So, I'm probably good. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Truth is only thing that can ruin a Super Bowl meal for me would be if the Jets actually played in it. So, I'm probably good. 

Stop. You’ll be putting in unlimited orders for buffalo chicken wings the minute we get in. Dont forget the blue cheese. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Stop. You’ll be putting in unlimited orders for buffalo chicken wings the minute we get in. Dont forget the blue cheese. 

Why would I do that? It would still be two weeks before the super bowl, I like my wings hot and fresh out of my own oven.

See they go in fresh come out delicious. 

3B12E394-DFF1-4A42-80EE-9EB344F9D1E8.jpeg

080DFDB1-5E37-489D-B246-960B6BD88142.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Why would I do that? It would still be two weeks before the super bowl, I like my wings hot and fresh out of my own oven.

See they go in fresh come out delicious. 

3B12E394-DFF1-4A42-80EE-9EB344F9D1E8.jpeg

080DFDB1-5E37-489D-B246-960B6BD88142.jpeg

Nice. There’s a wing place in Westchester where you have to place your order 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl or you’re out of luck. Then again we call all crash your party 😀

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Nice. There’s a wing place in Westchester where you have to place your order 2 weeks prior to the Super Bowl or you’re out of luck. Then again we call all crash your party 😀

Candlelight?

• Upvote 1