Drake Maye could fall in draft

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Joe Douglas is the author of his own disaster.  He seems to be 'forced' to make  lot dubious picks, see Will McDonald

Lol, not a defense of JD but I 100% believe Woody forced that trade pre-draft rather than allowing Douglas to do it closer to TC. Woody wanted the headlines for the draft + the primetime games with the schedule release.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The McDonald selection was still criminally stupid. 

Agreed, I do think Woody forced the Rodgers trade pre-draft causing us to drop the 2 picks and lose Broderick Jones. Edge was literally like the only position I didn't wanna see us take lol

On 2/5/2024 at 11:01 PM, bla bla bla said:

Agreed, I do think Woody forced the Rodgers trade pre-draft causing us to drop the 2 picks and lose Broderick Jones. Edge was literally like the only position I didn't wanna see us take lol

While I didn't want us to draft Edge I'll never say it's the last position I'd want us taking, especially after decades of drafting CBs, MLBs, and IDL. At least it is a premium position but a stupid pick for our needs.

Look if we can flip Huff for a 2nd rounder and WMDIV turns into a gem like JJII (stud!) then it was a smart move long term.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

While I didn't want us to draft Edge I'll never say it's the last position I'd want us taking, especially after decades of drafting CBs, MLBs, and IDL. At least it is a premium position but a stupid pick for our needs.

Look if we can flip Huff for a 2nd rounder and WMDIV turns into a gem like JJII (stud!) then it was a smart move long term.

CB?  I get that everybody hated Milliner and Wilson, but Revis and Sauce might be our two best selections of the past twenty years.  CB is a valuable position.  It is safety that seems crazy.  Especially top ten.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

CB?  I get that everybody hated Milliner and Wilson, but Revis and Sauce might be our two best selections of the past twenty years.  CB is a valuable position.  It is safety that seems crazy.  Especially top ten.

Love those picks. I meant more Milliner and Wilson yeah.

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Love those picks. I meant more Milliner and Wilson yeah.

Funny thing is, everybody bags on the McDonald pick.  It's not the pick I would have made, but I get it.  I would NOT have taken Smith-Njigba though.  I'd have taken Christian Gonzalez.  Then we would be looking to pay Huff now, but we probably could think about moving DJ Reed which people are suggesting.

• Upvote 2

On 2/5/2024 at 11:00 PM, bla bla bla said:

Gut feeling, I don't think we draft a QB but I hope we do

Check out Brennan Armstrong, the guy Me and Dom C were talking about the other night on GBs mock draft. Late rounder but the kind of guy you take a flier on....

Also, that spoof from Gator the other day was funny as sh*t. 😆 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I hope we get anything for him, I'd be surprised if that actually happened though. Gut is telling me Huff wants no part of negotiations with us and will want UFA or the franchise tag for a year. If he's on the tag, I'm not sure another team trades for him if he doesn't want to sign a long term deal 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Check out Brennan Armstrong, the guy Me and Dom C were talking about the other night on GBs mock draft. Late rounder but the kind of guy you take a flier on....

Also, that spoof from Gator the other day was funny as sh*t. 😆 

Dude I was dying lol Gator is outrageous. I'll have to look more into Armstrong!

• Upvote 1

Not drafting drake maye if he's available is asinine and irresponsible with a 40 yr old QB. Its Woody's responsibility to bring assurance to Douglas and Saleh about long term stability and to draft for the future and now. Its not mutually exclusive. 

I absolutely cannot stand the microwave philosophy with young QBs. I hated that Allen had to play early. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This is going to be a fun draft .. so at least we got that going for us.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We ALWAYS think that.... until they draft another DT or an undersized situational Pass Rusher when the O-Line is a dumpster fire.

On 2/4/2024 at 9:39 PM, Larz said:

It’s going to be a trade back and then try to double dip for 2 OTs

QB ain’t happening 

I'll tell you what, though.  If Maye is available at #10, that might make a team more amenable to trade more draft picks to the Jets for getting up to the #10 slot.  

• 3 weeks later...

There's talk about the Jets trading this years and next years 1st round picks for Devonte Adams, top WR, to pair with Garret 'offensive rookie of the year' Wilson.

If we're thinking about trading both picks for a WR, should we be thinking about using both picks to trade UP in this draft for Malik Nabers WR LSU or even Marviin Harrison WR OH?

I mean, if JoeD is thinking about trading both 1st's for a top WR like Adams, I'd encourage Joe to do the same thing but do it within THIS draft...move up far enough to land a super WR like Nabers or Harrison.

Rodgers would be happy having TWO all time studs to throw to. Breece would be happy that NO team can stack the line against him. And JoeD would be happy knowing he has to rebuild the line thru FA and/or trades, or later in the draft like 3rd round on down. It would clarify things for him. Plus he'd have his two superstar WR under wraps for another 4 years, while paying them peanuts to the dollar.

3 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

There's talk about the Jets trading this years and next years 1st round picks for Devonte Adams, top WR, to pair with Garret 'offensive rookie of the year' Wilson.

If we're thinking about trading both picks for a WR, should we be thinking about using both picks to trade UP in this draft for Malik Nabers WR LSU or even Marviin Harrison WR OH?

I mean, if JoeD is thinking about trading both 1st's for a top WR like Adams, I'd encourage Joe to do the same thing but do it within THIS draft...move up far enough to land a super WR like Nabers or Harrison.

Rodgers would be happy having TWO all time studs to throw to. Breece would be happy that NO team can stack the line against him. And JoeD would be happy knowing he has to rebuild the line thru FA and/or trades, or later in the draft like 3rd round on down. It would clarify things for him. Plus he'd have his two superstar WR under wraps for another 4 years, while paying them peanuts to the dollar.

If JD trades this year and next years 1s for a 31 year old WR he deserves to be fired. I’d only give up a package like that for Jefferson (who might only net one 1st rd pick himself). Plus there’s free agent options we can bring in (Evans, Pittman, Ridley) without giving up any draft capital. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Absolutely not

We will give this year's 4 and next years 3 for Adams at the highest. 

The draft has legit wr talent until rd4-5 this year. 

If the raiders agree then draft Bowers rd 1 to couple with Adams and Wilson 

• Upvote 2