Aaron Rodgers

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The amazing part is that this team has any fans left at all 

Remember Sal alosi? Dec 2010 the strength and conditioning coach tripped a returner 

It's pretty much been all downhill since then 

Sean Payton was right everyone knew it at the time but the big critique was it was rude to say it out loud 

Paul I mean nate Hackett is quite possibly the worst coach employed by any team in any capacity. 

If your "system" requires a hall of fame qb to operate you dont really have a system. Looking at you Adam gase 

Classic. I don't know how people can watch the super bowl like 7 days ago and conclude "oh boy gee the Jets offense can do that too" 

They had the worst 3rd down conversion rate in history and the Lowest td rate in history. Even with Aaron hurt they shouldn't be historically bad. They shouldn't have a 13 year playoff drought. 

Other than breece and Garrett it's pretty much a wasteland on offense 

It's not just luck and positive vibes that wins these games it's the bad decision making for years, the useless coaching etc. Keith Carter still having a job is mind boggling 

In the end I post these steaming turd Debbie downer takes because we all owe it to ourselves to lower expectations not raise them. It's not healthy this cycle of delusion and depression. Not for me or for any of us 

How about this? Maybe the Jets prove to us they are good and then we raise expectations. Not the other way around.

Win 12 games. Then let's talk about what hypothetical great things they can accomplish in the playoffs 

I agree, I never said Hackett was anything other than just being a guy that works well with Rodgers. That’s why he’s here and assuming the two work well together next year and we get a full season with Rodgers, he’s fine for this specific scenario. When Aaron is gone, he should go with him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Bullsh*t 

The Jets are terrible Rodgers is washed and saying these things out loud does not jinx the team 

It’s all starts with the fans especially Jets fans who are the most negative and miserable fans in the NFL. The media in NY feeds off of it, who are mostly parasite bottom feeders already and things get written up said to players and staff. Look at what Cimini did to Geno Smith before he even took a snap with his article bashing everything about Smith.
If you don’t think that messes with these kids confidence, I don’t know what to tell you. Imagine a 22 year old kid who’s dream is to play football, gets drafted, reports to his team gets ridiculed by the media, fans booing him because they didn’t like the pick etc. It takes a special talent to succeed here and an even tougher mental fortitude to deal with what it all brings playing for the Jets especially, as they are the NFL’s whipping boy and so is everyone on the team. 

Yeah sign me up to play there.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

That's not how offensive coordinators are supposed to work 

It's supposed to be a system 

Yes that would be unpleasant wouldn't it? 

C'mon.  Some teams run "systems" where plug and play QB's can thrive (see 49ers).  A few teams use HOF level QB talent and provide max flexibility at the line of scrimmage. The Colts were sh!t when Manning got hurt.

You know this...

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

The criticism of Rodgers' is misplaced, but I understand why anger is being direct his way. He's the face of a faceless franchise. The general negativity, however, is justified. This organization is run by a man who's done nothing in his life to earn it, and the results speak for themselves.

Nothing will change with Woody "leading" this organization. You could leave him in a room for 100 years with a Rubrik's cube and there would be no solving it. Just a man with a pile of his grandaddy's cash spinning a cube wondering why he's a failure. 

In Soviet Russia, cube spins YOU 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Apparently Bakhitiari's latest procedure has undone what has been the underlining issues all of these years. Wait and see but encouraging. I am more than fine with signing him, granted we sign someone else who could be a decent starter given Bakhitiari goes down again.

That's what I read as well.  Honestly people laugh at the idea(including the great @bitonti who also thinks it would have been "a dick move" for Todd Bowles to call a timeout to try to win that playoff game against Detroit), but if it's a one year deal for relatively cheap(hell even if it's not that cheap, one year is low risk regardless), where's the downside?  He gets hurt again and you have to rely on your depth, which should also be upgraded no matter who we sign to start in that spot.  OR he doesn't get hurt, and you'd assume at the very least he'll play at an average LT level.  At best he'll play at an All-Pro level.  More than likely it'll be somewhere in the middle, which puts him as probably the best LT we've had since D'Brick.

Short term vet seems like the smart play, and Bakhtiari makes about as much sense as anyone - especially with the Rodgers link.  Gives Warren another year of development, and you invest your 10th overall on the other side of the line with Fuaga.  Sign me up for this all day.  

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Apparently Bakhitiari's latest procedure has undone what has been the underlining issues all of these years. Wait and see but encouraging. I am more than fine with signing him, granted we sign someone else who could be a decent starter given Bakhitiari goes down again.

Amazing that news breaks of his newfound health just as he's set to become an UFA.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bonkertons said:

That's what I read as well.  Honestly people laugh at the idea(including the great @bitonti who also thinks it would have been "a dick move" for Todd Bowles to call a timeout to try to win that playoff game against Detroit), but if it's a one year deal for relatively cheap(hell even if it's not that cheap, one year is low risk regardless), where's the downside?  He gets hurt again and you have to rely on your depth, which should also be upgraded no matter who we sign to start in that spot.  OR he doesn't get hurt, and you'd assume at the very least he'll play at an average LT level.  At best he'll play at an All-Pro level.  More than likely it'll be somewhere in the middle, which puts him as probably the best LT we've had since D'Brick.

Short term vet seems like the smart play, and Bakhtiari makes about as much sense as anyone - especially with the Rodgers link.  Gives Warren another year of development, and you invest your 10th overall on the other side of the line with Fuaga.  Sign me up for this all day.  

I just think that given what's available at the LT position this free agency + our cap space + our other offensive needs we are going to be stuck signing a LT vet with and injury risk and would be smart to add another depth OT that can start at LT or RT for a few games if need be....it's the most realistic and expected approach.

Then you absolutely must spend on 1 high end WR or a couple of good WRs to fill out that corps.

Most of us were positive all offseason last year and that blew up in our faces 4 plays into the season. 

Rodgers was the source for most of that optimism, so when things didn't work out, the rage was directed back at him. It's not really fair, but it's also entirely understandable. Jets fans are tired of false hope. 

It's all good - The Jets usually do best when expectations are low. This has never been a team that handles hype or prosperity well. And people trashing Rodgers all offseason is exactly what we want. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jack Straw said:

Amazing that news breaks of his newfound health just as he's set to become an UFA.

That broke months ago from what I remember.  But it was pretty much a forgone conclusion that he was going to be cut, so it might be all the same.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I just think that given what's available at the LT position this free agency + our cap space + our other offensive needs we are going to be stuck signing a LT vet with and injury risk and would be smart to add another depth OT that can start at LT or RT for a few games if need be....it's the most realistic and expected approach.

Then you absolutely must spend on 1 high end WR or a couple of good WRs to fill out that corps.

I expect all this stuff to happen.  Only question is who do we bring in, and whether or not they're the right guys.  Considering JD and Saleh are on the hot seat, I don't see them risk any chance of starting next year with holes on the roster.  Time will tell who we have to settle for though.

47 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

It’s all starts with the fans especially Jets fans who are the most negative and miserable fans in the NFL. The media in NY feeds off of it, who are mostly parasite bottom feeders already and things get written up said to players and staff. Look at what Cimini did to Geno Smith before he even took a snap with his article bashing everything about Smith.
If you don’t think that messes with these kids confidence, I don’t know what to tell you. Imagine a 22 year old kid who’s dream is to play football, gets drafted, reports to his team gets ridiculed by the media, fans booing him because they didn’t like the pick etc. It takes a special talent to succeed here and an even tougher mental fortitude to deal with what it all brings playing for the Jets especially, as they are the NFL’s whipping boy and so is everyone on the team. 

Yeah sign me up to play there.

Joe Namath from day 1 one of the most beloved players in NYC and around the country.  I don't see a lot of hate for Eli either.

• Upvote 2

Don’t understand the Rodgers bashing at all.

Never mind finding the next Patrick Mahomes. This team has proven for decades that they’re incapable of even finding their own mid-tier Kirk Cousins/Derek Carr type at QB.

But dummies already want to kick Rodgers to the curb and start the whole “draft a QB” charade again.

Some of us are too old for that nonsense

• Upvote 1

Just now, Biggs said:

Joe Namath from day 1 one of the most beloved players in NYC and around the country.  I don't see a lot of hate for Eli either.

Eli was the perfect personality for NY, doesn’t give a sh*t what people say and has a nothing bothers me whatsoever goofball type. Namath was a different era. Hasn’t been so good for the rest.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So I guess rather than the franchise being Terrible as you stated .... The real problem was because our QB got hurt ? 

We have a very good roster with a few holes that can be easily filled this offseason ...When that happens will you root for the team or continue on with negative bullsh*t :) 

We don't have an OL.  A few holes, eh?  Tippman and AVT then nothing......  AVT should be a LG and stay there.  WE also don't have a WR2, WR3 or an NFL backup QB.

Just a few holes like I need just a few numbers to win the Lottery.

Hoping for a good season is one thing, but expecting it.  Whew!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Eli took a LOT of sh*t from Giants fans before he finally won a SB.  I can't speak to Namath's popularity out of the gate but I'd imagine if you play well, you'll be loved.  Jets fans would have let Darnold bend them over a sink if he turned into an elite QB.  Same with Zach.  Maybe we were more patient back in the day - pre-internet and before the draft was this monumental event, where every prospect is dissected and then placed on a pedestal.  Who knows.

Obviously though it ain't easy to succeed here.  If you do though, you're basically a God.  

3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

We don't have an OL.  A few holes, eh?  Tippman and AVT then nothing......  AVT should be a LG and stay there.  WE also don't have a WR2, WR3 or an NFL backup QB.

Just a few holes like I need just a few numbers to win the Lottery.

Hoping for a good season is one thing, but expecting it.  Whew!

Backup QB is such a nothing hole to fill.  I don't know why people act like this is some monumental thing that will be extremely difficult to solve.  We didn't have a backup last year because we didn't go after one.  We accepted Zach as that guy, and it blew up in our face.  There is literally a zero % chance we don't add one this year, and it should be the furthest thing from difficult.

Lazard will be WR3, whether you think that's a mistake or not.  They're not going to have a guy making $10M as their #4....that just ain't gonna happen.  WR2 will be the toughest hole to fill, since it's the most expensive and not many guys will make it to free agency.  Most will be re-signed or franchised.  Maybe it'll be Ridley.  Maybe it'll be a guy like Samuel.  Either way, it'll be someone.  As far as the #4 spot, they have two 4th rounders to figure that out.  Basically the same way every other team fills those spots - draft a kid in the mid-rounds.  

I also doubt Tomlinson goes anywhere, so it's 2 holes on the OL:  both OTs.  When you factor in one of those will be filled with the 10th overall pick, that leaves one open spot.  Unlike WR, there are plenty of guys on the market, and a handful that you can probably get on one year deals.  This shouldn't be that difficult.  

So yeah, you're looking at WR2.  That's the one hole that "might" not get addressed.  At least not addressed with a guy worthy of being called a #2.  Time will tell.  The rest of it though?  Yeah I'm not too worried.  Honestly I wouldn't doubt that they sign both OT spots in free agency and use #10 on a weapon, to save themselves from having to hand out a $20M contract.  Even that shouldn't be too difficult with the amount of OTs on the market.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I keep reading all this ridiculous criticism from people on this board about Rodgers and its really some of the stupidest sh*t I have ever read. 

The guy comes here as a HOF QB Shows up for Rookie Camp, shows up for OTA's Takes a huge pay cut and does nothing but stay positive since he's been here yet Jets fans 

blame him for last years debacle ? Sure you may blame him for bringing in a few players he felt could help the team like Cobb but Its obvious Cobb 

while now pretty much washed up was here to change a culture and basically be a player coach to help with the transition. Yes you can make the argument 

he was taking up an important roster spot, since they are all Important, but some players and coaches value what some of these older players bring and felt it 

would help our young roster. I tend to agree with that philosophy. When it comes to Lazard the Jets signed him way before Aaron was signed, sure they figured 

It might lure in the HOF QB, no one expected him to suck so bad but he did. So we get a guy this year in FA move Lazard accordingly and see if things change 

this upcoming season and we have to hope they do. Turner was not brought in here to start he was a body brought in not expecting the entire line to get hurt

forcing him into a starting role. Not one single team in this league could have succeeded with what the Jets dealt with this year not even KC or SF so get over it.

When it comes to the garbage narrative of Rodgers running the team, that's also pure nonsense. Do the Jets value Rodgers opinion ? I'm sure they do. I'm sure anyone with a 

Brain should work with a QB who has been in this game his entire life and actually played at the highest level in this leagues history for 20+ years. But none of that is good enough 

for Jets fans they must find fault in everything because the guys foot got stuck in the sh*tty turf at Metlife and lost the season. 

If Jets fans should cry about anything they should be crying about the dumb luck this franchise has endured for the last 54 years.

Its time to be positive. Constant negativity by such a large amount of people will continue to bring nothing but negativity. I'm a big believer that large scale 

thoughts (positive or negative) do effect things in life and I do believe this franchise is 100% effected by it. It blows my mind how a guy can come in here and try to 

be positive and get nothing but negative in return. That's a huge let down . If you're a true Jets fan you can help change the culture as well.

Checks out. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Backup QB is such a nothing hole to fill.  I don't know why people act like this is some monumental thing that will be extremely difficult to solve.  We didn't have a backup last year because we didn't go after one.  We accepted Zach as that guy, and it blew up in our face.  There is literally a zero % chance we don't add one this year, and it should be the furthest thing from difficult.

Lazard will be WR3, whether you think that's a mistake or not.  They're not going to have a guy making $10M as their #4....that just ain't gonna happen.  WR2 will be the toughest hole to fill, since it's the most expensive and not many guys will make it to free agency.  Most will be re-signed or franchised.  Maybe it'll be Ridley.  Maybe it'll be a guy like Samuel.  Either way, it'll be someone.  As far as the #4 spot, they have two 4th rounders to figure that out.  Basically the same way every other team fills those spots - draft a kid in the mid-rounds.  

I also doubt Tomlinson goes anywhere, so it's 2 holes on the OL:  both OTs.  When you factor in one of those will be filled with the 10th overall pick, that leaves one open spot.  Unlike WR, there are plenty of guys on the market, and a handful that you can probably get on one year deals.  This shouldn't be that difficult.  

So yeah, you're looking at WR2.  That's the one hole that "might" not get addressed.  At least not addressed with a guy worthy of being called a #2.  Time will tell.  The rest of it though?  Yeah I'm not too worried.  Honestly I wouldn't doubt that they sign both OT spots in free agency and use #10 on a weapon, to save themselves from having to hand out a $20M contract.  Even that shouldn't be too difficult with the amount of OTs on the market.  

And.......Keith Carter will be coaching that new OL.

• More Ugh 1

We’re Jet fans…. If you take away the negativity what else is there? I mean, if we sit in silence that either means we are okay  with it and think it may change someday. It won’t - I’ve been waiting for it to change since around 1979.

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Most of us were positive all offseason last year and that blew up in our faces 4 plays into the season. 

Rodgers was the source for most of that optimism, so when things didn't work out, the rage was directed back at him. It's not really fair, but it's also entirely understandable. Jets fans are tired of false hope. 

It's all good - The Jets usually do best when expectations are low. This has never been a team that handles hype or prosperity well. And people trashing Rodgers all offseason is exactly what we want. 

I dont think the season long teasing his return helped either.  The weekly updates on that show and the fact he can never bite his tongue, it was just tiresome.  If he just went on IR, shut up, see ya next season, nobody would be angry w/ him, they feel sorry for what happened.  Instead, he's become like you sad, probably unfair the target of the a lot of the frustration.  Playing well can cure all of this because Rodgers is not going to suddenly shut up even though he expects it from everyone else.

Rodger got on Mcaffee and lied his ass off about the Packers.  He should be hated by Jets fans because we have such a dumb owner GM and HC they allowed Rodgers to shoot his way onto the team and get Green Bay compensated for it.
Hey Jimmy. Do you stay in touch with Adam Carolla?

3 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Ummmm, yes, this is exactly what you said.  lmfao 

Ummm NO I'm telling fans to be positive and that is very different from blaming them for the Jets issues over the years..... Like Light years Different . You guys are making it sound Like I had an A HAAAAA moment and I'm blaming the fans for all the years of sh*t football and that's not the message .

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Please!! I’ve read the dumbest criticisms of Rodgers on this board. If you want to rip Woody, fine. However Rodgers has done nothing but the right things and has been trying to change the losing culture of the franchise. I don’t even blame him for the questionable additions of his “ friends” on the team. If JD acquiesces to Rodgers that’s on JD not Rodgers.

How about writing some intelligent criticism of Rodgers?   I'll follow your lead. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peebag said:

The biggest issue I have w/ the Arod8 trade was that someone in the organization thought this team had championship potential and that Arod8 would put us over that hump.

It gives me no hope for this FO.

Its pretty common knowledge this team is a QB away from contention. you can't predict injury and you cant predict injury at the ridiculous amount we have dealt with over the past few years on the OL. If Rodgers plays last year this team easily makes the playoffs because we were in just about every game , games we could not even score a TD in Unless you think Rodgers would have played like Zach Wilson and threw for 4 TD's in like 12 games

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

I agree, I never said Hackett was anything other than just being a guy that works well with Rodgers. That’s why he’s here and assuming the two work well together next year and we get a full season with Rodgers, he’s fine for this specific scenario. When Aaron is gone, he should go with him.

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

C'mon.  Some teams run "systems" where plug and play QB's can thrive (see 49ers).  A few teams use HOF level QB talent and provide max flexibility at the line of scrimmage. The Colts were sh!t when Manning got hurt.

You know this...

The Jets like every team need to build a capital P Program on offense with consistent philosophy and then scout players to fit that system 

The offense should have reliable plays they can depend on in tight situations and if one player goes down the program still operates, even at a reduced level 

That's how every successful franchise operates 

Hiring a mercinary qb and giving up when he gets hurt is not the same as building a program 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Ummmm, yes, this is exactly what you said.  lmfao 

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Ummm NO I'm telling fans to be positive and that is very different from blaming them for the Jets issues over the years..... Like Light years Different . You guys are making it sound Like I had an A HAAAAA moment and I'm blaming the fans for all the years of sh*t football and that's not the message .

Also if I wanted the message of this thread to be "its all the fans negativity that makes the Jets suck" I would have the heading of the thread say that. Part of the negative message is people on this very forum outright bashing a HOF QB who has done nothing but positive things since he got here including taking a pay cut to help sign more players to help the team. I mean how many players do that to the tune of 35 million Dollars ?

3 hours ago, extmenace said:

He didn’t call plays for Rodgers in GB.  Lafluer did.   He was his caddy.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Joe was not particularly popular with half of his own team prior to 68, and while he was popular with the public in some respects, he was disliked by many more both in NYC and nationally. He was very anti-authoritarian and seen as part of the "counter-culture" movement. Roger Staubach was seen as the "Anti-Namath", but they we're actually pretty friendly to one another.

50+ years later, Joe is just a nice old guy with a pretty nice restaurant and bar in Jupiter Florida, a viral halftime interview, and Medicare ads... who happens to have a Superbowl win from the days of NFL antiquity. 

• Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He didn’t call plays for Rodgers in GB.  Lafluer did.   He was his caddy.

Yep I think his title in GB was red zone coordinator or some sh*t like that . When Rodgers plays next year he will be running that offense ...no doubt he will have numerous plays at his disposal that he can change in the huddle or at the LOS I think that much has got to be obvious

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Yep I think his title in GB was red zone coordinator or some sh*t like that . When Rodgers plays next year he will be running that offense ...no doubt he will have numerous plays at his disposal that he can change in the huddle or at the LOS I think that much has got to be obvious

-Rodgers spends 3 hours on Rogan and mentions the New York jets 0 times 

-@Smashmouth3 pages of defending rodgers 

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Joe was not particularly popular with half of his own team prior to 68, and while he was popular with the public in some respects, he was disliked by many more both in NYC and nationally. He was very anti-authoritarian and seen as part of the "counter-culture" movement. Roger Staubach was seen as the "Anti-Namath", but they we're actually pretty friendly to one another.

50+ years later, Joe is just a nice old guy with a pretty nice restaurant and bar in Jupiter Florida, a viral halftime interview, and Medicare ads... who happens to have a Superbowl win from the days of NFL antiquity. 

Yep at first Joe was not very favored by the team and a good portion of its players . Joe did however get past that and became quite beloved from just before the SB and on. Joe called that SB game and realized the importance of the running game which he used masterfully to beat the favored Colts . From that point on players Realized Joe was not the selfish guy he was once accused of being and everything turned around for him. probably a part of his deal with the Devil .... Satan I don't only want to win the SB I wanna be loved baby !!  And that's exactly how Joe would have said it LOL

• Upvote 1