~~~NFL Combine Day 3 - Quarter backs, Wide Receivers, Running backs~~~

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

From the very second we started to pursue Aaron Rodgers 100% of the jets strategy has been not offending him, making him  happy, going all in on him.   Our coach and GM are afraid of Rodgers, there is 0% chance we take a QB at 10, zero, none, nill, nada

Rodgers went ballistic and pouted for like 2 years after jordan love got picked.   We have no oline and only one wr worth anything.

ZERO chance we pick a QB, if caleb williams fell to 10 we would not pick him.

He's also 40 now. So what if he pouts?

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

He's also 40 now. So what if he pouts?

You donlt get it, it is not a matter of what the Jets SHOULD do it is a matter of what they WILL do.

If you think we are taking a QB then you have not been paying attention to how this team deals with Rodgers for the last year plus

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

You donlt get it, it is not a matter of what the Jets SHOULD do it is a matter of what they WILL do.

If you think we are taking a QB then you have not been paying attention to how this team deals with Rodgers for the last year plus

I'm not saying we will take a QB. I'm saying it's an under rated possibility depending on how FA and the top 9 picks go. I'm not ruling it out. We need a QB. The owner has stated so much.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Just catching up and heard McCarthy threw the ball like it was a squishy tomato. Any truth? 

He was okay, nothing too impressive but the commentators were talking him up from moment one to the last moment.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

So this Worthy dude, runs a 4.25 and everyone is telling him to take off his shoes and let it stand, he says, no I want to try and break the record and runs 4.22.

Then we have the smarmy divas afraid to run, afraid to do drills, afraid to take to anyone, afraid to get measured.

You talking about the guys who already know they’re going top 5?
Why should they care about entertaining you on a Saturday afternoon?

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You talking about the guys who already know they’re going top 5?
Why should they care about entertaining you on a Saturday afternoon?

It's called competition.  I want to compete, I want to show my stuff. I am not afraid to compete or show my stuff.

As I said before, where do you draw the line?  top 5?   A guy like Odunze, top 10 pick he is here doing it all.

Stay home if you think you are going top 5?  Top 10?  Top 20?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Penix and Rattler a step above the other QBs in throwing imo.

Agreed. They need take a deep breath and loosen up. Sailing balls, driving them low. Just relax 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Penix and Rattler a step above the other QBs in throwing imo.

Interesting that Eisen/Jeremiah said that every team rep they spoke to had Rattler as their preferred mid-round QB sleeper.

It looks effortless for him  - a natural.

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was okay, nothing too impressive but the commentators were talking him up from moment one to the last moment.

He had the second highest velocity at 61 MPH, behind Miltons 62 mph. Hartman threw 52. Dude from Kentucky did the best for himself today, imo

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's called competition.  I want to compete, I want to show my stuff. I am not afraid to compete or show my stuff.

As I said before, where do you draw the line?  top 5?   A guy like Odunze, top 10 pick he is here doing it all.

Meanwhile. Odunze out there trying to do better. 

Which kind of guy would a team rather have?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

it might cost brock bowers a few spots .. its not like he had nothing to prove as a TE

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Rattler will forever look weird as sh*t and I don’t want him as my QB.

There, I said it.

Take Pratt or Travis if you want a complete shot in the dark, mid-round QB to sit behind Rodgers.

he looks like a wise ass sitcom character

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Just catching up and heard McCarthy threw the ball like it was a squishy tomato. Any truth? 

He looked really good I thought and I was not high on him coming in. Both him and Penix lead their groups and didn’t think it was close.

I don’t think Bo Nix looked good. He also feels very Kenny Pickett to me. Medium floor, low ceiling prospect. I think he’ll go mid on day 2.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

Yikes. Mitchell eating it. I was already low on him, now I’m out for sure. It’s just one day but lot of validation. Franklin too. 

How low are you on Mitchell?  Where do you think he will go?  Not a ton of production and kind of inconsistent hands right?  Still, I love that he produced in big games and has a great td to catch ratio.  I see hating him in the 1st.  I thought in the 3rd like Jalen Hyatt he might be a bargain.  Do you just dislike him or just hate him high?

What does everybody else think about him?

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Worthys time upgrade to 4.21 a new combine record.

The great thing about Worthy is that he’s also a great WR. He ran track and field in HS. So I had a feeling he was going to kill the 40’s. Didn't think he would break the record though.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

There might be no more overrated stat for RBs than 40 time.    Top end home run guys like Breece hall and barkley yes but you can get just excellent backs with 'slow' 40 times.

Rams Kyren Williams comes to Mind! I love my ND Rb’s

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Paradis said:

Would have been nice if odunze sub 4.4 but it’s not a 4.5. 

That was the rumors pre combine but 4.4 is fine and he went mental in everything else.  Seeing him stay on the field trying to hit better than 6.6 on the three cone was pretty cool, love that type of competitor.  I was already questioning why Nabers was so much better of a prospect and idk, seeing that when the other 2 dudes didnt even participate....yeah, he's my #2 WR.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Untouchable said:

There, I said it.

Take Pratt or Travis if you want a complete shot in the dark, mid-round QB to sit behind Rodgers.

16 hours ago, JetsFlyer said:

he looks like a wise ass sitcom character

bart-simpson-homer-simpson-maggie-simpso

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

these announcers fellatioing every throw from penix, overthrows & all, is nauseating ... ps- Don't Use a Hanger on "stretch" shirts ... Looks Ridiculous. 

On 3/2/2024 at 7:06 PM, Untouchable said:

There, I said it.

Rattler it is then!