Mike Evans and Bucs agree to new deal

19 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I live in Sarasota.  Evans NEVER wanted to leave Tampa and loves it here.  The area loves him just as much.  

Same story the whole time from everyone for years: all beat writers, sports radio personalities, etc., and Evans himself.  

Im in Sarasota too! Lots of optimistic fans thought he was a real possibility. Even if he did hit the market, we never had a chance. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I live in Sarasota.  Evans NEVER wanted to leave Tampa and loves it here.  The area loves him just as much.  

Same story the whole time from everyone for years: all beat writers, sports radio personalities, etc., and Evans himself.  

Evans is basically royalty. Standup guy all around too. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Are you trying to tell me that the jets aren’t dysfunctional? if so, the joke isn’t on me. 

and I don’t care what Diana Rossini said. Common sense shows the jets are a dumpster fire. 

No; in fact, that has never been my position.  I think all involved are out next year due to their own incompetence.

However, there is a massive difference between “these guys are going against conventional wisdom and it hasn’t worked out, so they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt when they double down on their methods” and “ROBERT SALEH IS CARVING NAMES, AS WELL AS RECORDS, OF HOF COACHES WHO LOST THEIR STARTING QBS, WOODY JOHNSON HAS BLOWN THROUGH ALL THE INK AT 1JD TO PRINT OUT MEAN TWEETS, AND BIG JOE D. IS ACTUALLY A BIG P*SSY, AS PER ‘TOTALLY NOT 30 INDIVIDUAL TEXTS FROM JOE BENINGO’.”

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

No; in fact, that has never been my position.  I think all involved are out next year due to their own incompetence.

However, there is a massive difference between “these guys are going against conventional wisdom and it hasn’t worked out, so they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt when they double down” and “ROBERT SALEH IS CARVING NAMES AND RECORDS OF HOF COACHES WHO LOST THEIR STARTING QBS,  WOODY JOHNSON HAS BLOWN THROUGH ALL THE INK AT 1JD TO PRINT OUT MEAN TWEETS, AND BIG JOE D. IS ACTUALLY A BIG P*SSY, AS PER ‘TOTALLY NOT JOE BENINGO’.”

Any sense that if JD has a good free agency + draft + Rodgers plays well and wants to continue to play but we underachieve that only Saleh gets let go?

I feel like Woody's recent comments of "we have a lot of talent we just need to figure out how to deploy it" was very telling and if Rodgers wasn't bro-tactic with Saleh then Saleh would have been fired after the Black Friday game.

Shocked Evans didn’t want to join forces with the good-ship Jets. A perennial playoff team the last 13 years. One of the most respected organizations in sports, led by savvy hands off ownership and a no-drama QB. Shocking

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

However, there is a massive difference between “these guys are going against conventional wisdom and it hasn’t worked out, so they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt when they double down on their methods” and “ROBERT SALEH IS CARVING NAMES, AS WELL AS RECORDS, OF HOF COACHES WHO LOST THEIR STARTING QBS, WOODY JOHNSON HAS BLOWN THROUGH ALL THE INK AT 1JD TO PRINT OUT MEAN TWEETS, AND BIG JOE D. IS ACTUALLY A BIG P*SSY, AS PER ‘TOTALLY NOT 30 INDIVIDUAL TEXTS FROM JOE BENINGO’.”

Who Cares Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 hour ago, Ulrich said:

Shocked Evans didn’t want to join forces with the good-ship Jets. A perennial playoff team the last 13 years. One of the most respected organizations in sports, led by savvy hands off ownership and a no-drama QB. Shocking

IMG_0309.jpeg

On 3/4/2024 at 10:15 AM, Mogglez said:

Jokes aside (this is actually exactly how I expected it to unfold if he hit FA), you have to wonder why it didn’t get done sooner if that was how high the Bucs were willing to go.

Because they were angling for a hometown discount until Evans's camp put out (through Russini) that he was really 100% serious about not giving them one.

Anyway, looks like Mike Williams will be the Jets top target (btw, he'd actually be a perfect complement to Wilson: a big (6'4 218) target who is an outstanding deep threat and doesn't replicate what Wilson does best 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Jets0712 said:

Can the Jets just ask Corey Davis to unretire and call it a day??

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Slight upgrade over lazard

Jets fans on Corey Davis when he was playing: "We need to do whatever it takes to get him off the team"

Jets fans on Corey Davis after he retired: "We need to do whatever it takes to get Corey 'The missing piece to a Superbowl' Davis back"

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Jets fans on Corey Davis when he was playing: "We need to do whatever it takes to get him off the team"

Jets fans on Corey Davis after he retired: "We need to do whatever it takes to get Corey 'The missing piece to a Superbowl' Davis back"

Jets fans wanting Davis back and wanting to sign Calvin Ridley is peak Jets fan

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

What’s wrong with Ridley? Worried hes gonna place a bet again?

He’s missed two seasons for non football reasons and wants a long term deal. Jacksonville does not want him back. Why on earth would you give him money?

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He’s missed two seasons for non football reasons and wants a long term deal. Jacksonville does not want him back. Why on earth would you give him money?

It will cost Jacksonville a higher draft pick to resign him and "needing to franchise Josh Allen so Ridley is hitting the market" and "does not want him back" are actually two different things, but go on.

6 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

It will cost Jacksonville a higher draft pick to resign him and "needing to franchise Josh Allen so Ridley is hitting the market" and "does not want him back" are actually two different things, but go on.

Is there something in the nfl rule book that’s preventing the Jaguars from bringing him back?

15 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Just the details of the trade. If he resigns before the contract expires(before free agency) they have to give up a 2nd round pick instead of a 3rd. 

Is there any indication the Jaguars want him back?

We still have never heard the story about Corey Davis and why he retired.   None of our crack jets correspondents seem to have looked into it further.

I still have my suspicion about it and until proven otherwise I'll stick with my thoughts.

Jets handed Lazard that fat 4 year 44 million dollar deal, that is not #4 or even #3 wr money.

The Jets told Davis he was dropping in the depth chart to #3 at best if not #4 and wanted him to take a big pay cut.

He said screw this and retired.

We still have never heard the story about Corey Davis and why he retired.   None of our crack jets correspondents seem to have looked into it further.
I still have my suspicion about it and until proven otherwise I'll stick with my thoughts.
Jets handed Lazard that fat 4 year 44 million dollar deal, that is not #4 or even #3 wr money.
The Jets told Davis he was dropping in the depth chart to #3 at best if not #4 and wanted him to take a big pay cut.
He said screw this and retired.
Makes total sense

On 3/5/2024 at 6:43 PM, Matt39 said:

Where did you get the idea that Jax "doesn't want him back"?  That's not true. It's a cap issue right now and they still might sign him.