Mike Evans and Bucs agree to new deal

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Not the exit interview!!!!5e166f1508c668c4c7bc7b0b4e47c056.gif

Right. But he could have been upfront with what went down. He ghosted the team after he left the field in Miami. He was the starter this year- not talking to the media to wrap the year up is basically unheard of. The Jets get dumped on because of stuff like this. Their damage control creates more damage. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also: Rodgers pulled the same sh*t with Russini over the “wish list” and then Douglas went out and fulfilled the wish list

Rodgers disputed that they were requirements and that he provided intel on a few guys the Jets were interested in and Russini made it sound like they were, borderline, demands.

Huge difference.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Joe Douglas will be 'gambling' that he can sign Ridley but it will be far from a sure 'bet'

Joe D will get used by Ridley and his agents to drive up his price for whatever team he ends up actually signing with…. Why he hasn’t just traded for Sutton yet is beyond me 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Joe D will get used by Ridley and his agents to drive up his price for whatever team he ends up actually signing with…. Why he hasn’t just traded for Sutton yet is beyond me 

Because depending on what Denver does closer to or during free agency it will drop the asking price for Sutton (if he's even a target for us, which I hope he is)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

COME ON MAN

Dawg; there’s a huge difference lol.

Demanding guys and saying “hey, if we can make this happen, I’d like to play with them.” is massively different than saying “Get me Cristiano Ron—, I mean Allen Lazard or I don’t play for you.” 

Just now, Mogglez said:

Dawg; there’s a huge difference lol.

Demanding guys and saying “hey, if we can make this happen, I’d like to play with them.” is massively different than saying “Get me Christian Ron—, I mean Allen Lazard or I don’t play for you.” 

If you read Rodgers re-worked contract, the first letter of each paragraph spells ‘COBBY’

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

The Bucs aren't winning anything with or without Evans over the next 2 years, but maybe this was done as much to foster good will among fans as anything else.

Evans might have 1 good year left tops, unless he wants to convert to TE like Gates and Gonzalez so he could theoretically be productive into his mid-thirties.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

She really just makes things up.  It's so obvious.  Extremely unprofessional.

Or agents used her to leak info….making her look like a fool to get the Bucs to agree to terms.

• Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Bummer.  He would have been a nice target for the Jets in free agency.

Just because Evans signed an extension with the Bucs doesn't automatically make Russini's report false.  These situations are fluid.  Players and agents use these types of statements to media for leverage all the time.  At the time of the report, Evans very well could have been planning to test free agency.  It's called posturing during negotiations.

This

People trying to use this as a gotcha moment as if all these media clowns aren’t wrong at some point.

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Starting to think the smart move is to go all out on the OL in FA and take either Odunze or Nabers at #10.

Will either of them make it to 10? I've seen a lot of mocks where they're both gone well before we pick.

I'd love Odunze if he's on the board. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Evans might have 1 good year left tops, unless he wants to convert to TE like Gates and Gonzalez so he could theoretically be productive into his mid-thirties.

Is there something about his game that leads you to believe this? Reason I ask is HoF WRs generally play to a high level til 35 or so (5 years)

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

She said on The Athletic Pod that Evans was looking for $24-$26 AAV and the Bucs were looking to give him $20-$22. Bucs upped their offer to get a deal done. Once again, no one has denied a single point of hers or Rosenblatt’s or even Pauline’s reporting. Douglas’ Combine presser was funereal and vague. Saleh has gone entirely underground. Anyone claiming that what Russini or Rosenblatt reported doesn’t have a leg to stand on other than copium. 

I genuinely wish there was more reason for optimism about the 2024 Jets but everything about this team -- from the leaks, the internal chaos, the coaching staff and front office fleeing -- just feels like it's already over and they're being forced to play out the string before rebuilding in 2025.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Jokes aside (this is actually exactly how I expected it to unfold if he hit FA), you have to wonder why it didn’t get done sooner if that was how high the Bucs were willing to go.

So they can tag Winfield

17 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Or agents used her to leak info….making her look like a fool to get the Bucs to agree to terms.

Which still makes her wrong and, even worse, she can’t recognize it.

Hit pieces aside, when was the last time she broke a huge signing?

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

Im not on the tweeter or anything like that but do people like call out how all she does is lie about "sources" in the comments and stuff? 

Quite a bit.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

He was never leaving and certainly never coming here. 

You can say that about 95% of the non-Jet FA players this forum starts threads about, lol.

The more threads/posts, the less likely that player ever even hits FA, much less signs here, lol.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I genuinely wish there was more reason for optimism about the 2024 Jets but everything about this team -- from the leaks, the internal chaos, the coaching staff and front office fleeing -- just feels like it's already over and they're being forced to play out the string before rebuilding in 2025.

It has that initial feel, and I’m waiting for them to not get key offensive additions in FA and then you have to question how much longer rodgers will want to be here, if he even stays healthy.  One good OL isn’t going to get them to the playoffs and isn’t saving everyone’s job.  The team needs a few real upgrades on offense.

Never fails.  We make up all of our free agent wish lists, then guys like Higgins get franchised and Evans re-signs.  It is almost as if teams don't like to let good players go if they don't have to.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Never fails.  We make up all of our free agent wish lists, then guys like Higgins get franchised and Evans re-signs.  It is almost as if teams don't like to let good players go if they don't have to.

You want good OL, qbs and wrs - draft them yourself. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I could name a particular name that insulted me over pointing this out and using my own connections to separate truth from fiction, but that’s frowned upon here.  As you can imagine, this is about this person.  I hope that making it personal for no reason other than being disappointed that the Jets aren’t as dysfunctional as the article portrayed was fun for them.

Over It Whatever GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Posing Teddy Bear GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Higgins and Evans off the board already.

People here legitimately thought jets could just rebuild their offensive line and grab a #2 with ease in the off season and we would be insta contenders

@T0mShane hit em with a CMON MAN

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

It has that initial feel, and I’m waiting for them to not get key offensive additions in FA and then you have to question how much longer rodgers will want to be here, if he even stays healthy.  One good OL isn’t going to get them to the playoffs and isn’t saving everyone’s job.  The team needs a few real upgrades on offense.

Frankly, I'm worried about this admin making "mortgage the future to win now" moves to salvage something that is going to flop anyway and setting back the teams ability to turn it around in the future.

39 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Odunze will be gone. Nabers is a possibility.

Yeah so. I think JD goes with a tackle, if Alt, Fuaga or Fashanou is there.  In the event all three are gone, all 3 WR's, Marvin, Nabers and Odunze will be gone as well. Very possible this plays out: Who's left top 10???

Chi -Caleb,  Wash -Daniels, NE - Maye, Ari -Marvin, SD - Alt, NYG -Nabers, Tenn - Fashanou, Atl - Odunze, Chi - Turner, Jets Fuaga or Bowers???

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Frankly, I'm worried about this admin making "mortgage the future to win now" moves to salvage something that is going to flop anyway and setting back the teams ability to turn it around in the future.

I understand and I’m with you on this.  Here’s my scenario where I’m ok with it.  Say woody is now obsessed with qbs.  He knows there’s a bunch of highly rated qbs in this draft.  He’s also sitting there on the cusp of another rebranding with the logo/uniforms and we know he loves to win the PR game.  

Free agency will tell some, but maybe woody and jd are on board with possibly, going qb at 10, playing possum the whole way leading up to the draft.  And then, say they went qb at 10, then maybe they use 2025 draft capital to address OL needs.  While that scenario uses next year’s draft picks, it doesn’t mortgage the future if they’ve now invested in another qb.