Mike Evans and Bucs agree to new deal

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

She said on The Athletic Pod that Evans was looking for $24-$26 AAV and the Bucs were looking to give him $20-$22. Bucs upped their offer to get a deal done. Once again, no one has denied a single point of hers or Rosenblatt’s or even Pauline’s reporting. Douglas’ Combine presser was funereal and vague. Saleh has gone entirely underground. Anyone claiming that what Russini or Rosenblatt reported doesn’t have a leg to stand on other than copium. 

T0m, once again, they have.  I’m not going to throw myself in there as a person who has because that is not my livelihood, but Josina Anderson is one prominent person who has, quite literally, come out to dispute the report.  I posted her doing so twice, in separate threads, and if your contention to this is that her credibility is washed because she got fired once, then the same can be applied to Russini, who didn’t have a stellar track record BEFORE she got the axe.  We can’t pick and choose who we want to believe only to spout that one is credible because it aligns with our own narrative or opinion.  What she said on the podcast is irrelevant.  She said he was testing FA and wouldn’t accept an offer until he heard from all teams.  The Bucs preventing that by upping their offer doesn’t change the fact that she was dead wrong, AGAIN.  Anyone can look at the market and fudge numbers that they believe a top player will want, based on averages.

If we’re going by the track record, Josina Anderson, who I’ve stated many times that I can’t stand but can respect because she is clearly very connected, has gotten far more things right, post-firing, than Dianna.  Turns out, doing this sh*t for a living is difficult when you don’t have Adam Schefter right next to you on a television set.

Lastly, Joe Douglas’ presser isn’t the back-up you think it is. The guy doesn’t play the media game of addressing reports like that.  His presser was always going to be vague, even in an alternate universe where we won the Super Bowl last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

She said on The Athletic Pod that Evans was looking for $24-$26 AAV and the Bucs were looking to give him $20-$22. Bucs upped their offer to get a deal done. Once again, no one has denied a single point of hers or Rosenblatt’s or even Pauline’s reporting. Douglas’ Combine presser was funereal and vague. Saleh has gone entirely underground. Anyone claiming that what Russini or Rosenblatt reported doesn’t have a leg to stand on other than copium. 

You have become a craven shill for the media types you once routinely mocked. 

Tom Shame indeed. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

“30 individual sources.”

Im not on the tweeter or anything like that but do people like call out how all she does is lie about "sources" in the comments and stuff? 

Damn. Too many forces working against his release. Great southern city/weather/cost of living/taxes, big money, and stability for him and his family. 

Was really hoping he'd shake free and we'd sign him. He was my favorite WR on the pre-market. 

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

T0m, once again, they have.  I’m not going to throw myself in there as a person who has because that is not my livelihood, but Josina Anderson is one prominent person who has, quite literally, come out to dispute the report.  I posted her doing so twice, in separate threads, and if your contention to this is that her credibility is washed because she got fired once, then the same can be applied to Russini, who didn’t have a stellar track record BEFORE she got the axe.  We can’t pick and choose who we want to believe only to spout that one is credible because it aligns with our own narrative or opinion.

If we’re going by the track record, Josina Anderson, who I’ve stated many times that I can’t stand but can respect because she is clearly very connected, has gotten far more things right, post-firing, than Dianna.  Turns out, doing this sh*t for a living is difficult when you don’t have Adam Schefter right next to you on a television set.

Lastly, Joe Douglas’ presser isn’t the back-up you think it is. The guy doesn’t play the media game of addressing reports like that.  His presser was always going to be vague, even in an alternate universe where we won the Super Bowl last year.

I’m not going to question Josina v Russini because they’re both from the gossip columnist end of the journalism spectrum, but can you post that Josina tweet please? 

56 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

We just need Smith, Zeitler and Williams to agree not to listen to any other teams’ offers!

Yeah. None of those guys are coming to the Jets. People here act like we're in some frontrunner situation with FA's. We're right up there among the last teams players want, especially aging guys looking for a chance at a ring. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not going to question Josina v Russini because they’re both from the gossip columnist end of the journalism spectrum, but can you post that Josina tweet please? 

It seems she’s deleted the replies to her tweet where she expanded, but left the initial tweet up basically saying that the Jets felt this was a hit piece driven by the fact that the jets emphatically challenged the “Wilson refuses to play” report:

I mayyyyy have screenshot those replies to send to friends, so I will check my phone gallery, but I think I linked them here and those would be dead now that the replies were deleted.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It seems she’s deleted the replies to her tweet where she expanded, but left the initial tweet up basically saying that the Jets felt this was a hit piece driven by the fact that the jets emphatically challenged the “Wilson refuses to play” report:

I mayyyyy have screenshot those replies to send to friends, so I will check my phone gallery, but I think I linked them here and those would be dead now that the replies were deleted.

…But we know Wilson refused to play

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

…But we know Wilson refused to play

We know that someone was cut because they believed he leaked that he did.  We don’t know for a fact that Wilson refused to play.  The Jets denied it and Russini is, quite literally, the only person who refutes the denial.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We know that someone was cut because they believed he leaked that he did.  We don’t know for a fact that Wilson refused to play.  The Jets denied it and Russini is, quite literally, the only person who refutes the denial.

McAfee asked Rodgers point blank if it was true and he said “Haha I hope Zach likes his next team.” They asked Saleh about it and he weaseled around a definitive answer, saying, “If he didn’t want to play then he wouldn’t be here.” Also worth noting that Russini didn’t say Zach “refused to play,” but that he was “reluctant.” Then he gets bounced off the turf a few times against the Dolphins and disappears forever, with Saleh saying he was “dehydrated.”

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

McAfee asked Rodgers point blank if it was true and he said “Haha I hope Zach likes his next team.” They asked Saleh about it and he weaseled around a definitive answer, saying, “If he didn’t want to play then he wouldn’t be here.” Also worth noting that Russini didn’t say Zach “refused to play,” but that he was “reluctant.” Then he gets bounced off the turf a few times against the Dolphins and disappears forever, with Saleh saying he was “dehydrated.”

I’d say that Saleh’s answer was pretty definitive, Wilson himself denied it, and unless it was a follow up re: Rodgers on McAfee, this is what he had to say:

That’s not “haha I hope Zach likes his new team.”

That’s “this is gossip bullsh*t, f*ck whoever wrote it, and f*ck who ever claimed to the reporter that it occurred.”

Tim Boyle, someone who had something to gain from assassinating Zach’s character to the point where he is unplayable, was cut an hour later.

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’d say that Saleh’s answer was pretty definitive, Wilson himself denied it, and unless it was a follow up re: Rodgers on McAfee, this is what he had to say:

That’s not “haha I hope Zach likes his new team.”

That’s “this is gossip bullsh*t, f*ck whoever wrote it, and f*ck who ever claimed to the reporter that it occurred.”

None of those statements constitute a denial.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also: Rodgers pulled the same sh*t with Russini over the “wish list” and then Douglas went out and fulfilled the wish list

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So this is your plan for the offseason, to push this narrative?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh: “Zach wouldn’t be here if he didn’t want to play.”

Zach Wilson: “Absolutely not; you know I love those guys in the locker room and I never said that.”

Aaron Rodgers: “F*ck Dianna Russini and f*ck Tim Boyle.” 

I have no idea how you reached the conclusion of ”That’s not a denial.”

Bummer.  He would have been a nice target for the Jets in free agency.

Just because Evans signed an extension with the Bucs doesn't automatically make Russini's report false.  These situations are fluid.  Players and agents use these types of statements to media for leverage all the time.  At the time of the report, Evans very well could have been planning to test free agency.  It's called posturing during negotiations.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1