Baker Mayfield's worth

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

This might be the worst take on QB’s here and that’s hard.

Let me know when Baker wins an MVP over all those talented QB’s you listed.

Argue that boomer is a top 5 QB in his era. No need for insults. Most ppl I talk to obviously say he was a franchise QB, was really good and had his moments. At no time did anyone ever think he was better than

Marino

Elway

Kelly

Montana

Moon

Cunningham

Aikman

Fouts

Favre- was a bit later but again boomer wasn't close to this level

Jim McMahon was absolutely more talented but career ruined by injuries

Steve Young - emerged in 88-89 and was 100% better

There's more but I don't feel like looking it up

Danny White was in his prime in the Earl 80s and was absolutely better. But boomer didn't come along until 1984. 

What’s plan B for the Bucs? 

Zach ? Nix?  Flacco? Brissett? I don’t think Cousins leaves minny but if he does I’d guess he goes to Atlanta 

you just won the division, made the playoffs, and paid your homegrown WR 25 million.  Keep him happy with a QB he knows. 

He may not get $40, but he’s not hitting free agency either. If I had to guess I’d say $32 but that Jones contract really screwed the market so who knows 

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

Not Jets related but heard speculation on a podcast yesterday with a former scout and current Steelers media guy say quite flippantly that they expect Baker Mayfield to get over $40 million per year.

I mean, I know he had a good year but that's crazy, right?

What do you think his new deal comes in at?

Crazy?  No.  Any QB that can argue his value should start at Daniel Jones should ask for at least 40M.  I think Baker should.

Unless there is a bidding war between Min, ATL, TN, LV, NYG and TB, I think Tampa signs him to 3yr-100 million-40 guaranteed.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

Crazy?  No.  Any QB that can argue his value should start at Daniel Jones should ask for at least 40M.  I think Baker should.

Unless there is a bidding war between Min, ATL, TN, LV, NYG and TB, I think Tampa signs him to 3yr-100 million-40 guaranteed.

@Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 @Jetsfan80  @Jetsfan80 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Larz said:

He may not get $40, but he’s not hitting free agency either. If I had to guess I’d say $32 but that Jones contract really screwed the market so who knows 

I'm not really big on Baker, but he's getting $40 given the new cap. Tua and Dak are gonna approach 60 and I'd take him over both of them.

He's a starting NFL QB.  He's probably in the bottom half of the second 10.  I would probably take him over guys like Kyle Murray, Carr, Geno Smith and maybe even Tua and Dak Prescott.   I say that because in a big game I would want him ahead of all of those guys.  Right now he has a better future than Rodgers and probably Cousins coming off big injuries.  He's been to 4 playoff games and has 2 wins.  Both losses came against better teams on the road.  

He's hung around, bet on himself, improved and brought some real game to the table.  You could do a lot worse.  See the NY Jets as an example.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 3/8/2024 at 6:56 AM, Larz said:

What’s plan B for the Bucs? 

Zach ? Nix?  Flacco? Brissett? I don’t think Cousins leaves minny but if he does I’d guess he goes to Atlanta 

you just won the division, made the playoffs, and paid your homegrown WR 25 million.  Keep him happy with a QB he knows. 

Assuming he hits incentives it’s basically $38 million.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/8/2024 at 7:27 AM, PFSIKH said:

kobe bryant basketball GIF

Damn...10 M off on the guaranteed.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

For a QB of bakers ability this is basically a bargain. Happy for him. I'm still pissed at how dumb the Cleveland front office is.  Completely ridiculous amateur hour by their front office 

Why?  Cleveland is in the AFC while Tampa is the NFC.  We should be happy that a good QB went to the other conference.  Or in addition to the Bills and Jets you're also a Browns fan?

13 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Does this mean he’ll get to do the NFL commercials again? They were funny as hell

I couldn't stand his commercials and you couldn't get away from them.  Plus he did nothing at the time to earn them. 

On 3/8/2024 at 2:06 PM, jeremy2020 said:

I'm not really big on Baker, but he's getting $40 given the new cap. Tua and Dak are gonna approach 60 and I'd take him over both of them.

I also was certain he'd get 40+ (or high 30's at a minimum) but somehow Tampa got him cheaper.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:27 AM, PFSIKH said:

13 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

kobe bryant basketball GIF

Damn...10 M off on the guaranteed.

Can I get your guess at the numbers for the next Mega Millions?  Try to not be off at all this time though.  Thx!

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Can I get your guess at the numbers for the next Mega Millions?  Try to not be off at all this time though.  Thx!

I know right.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why?  Cleveland is in the AFC while Tampa is the NFC.  We should be happy that a good QB went to the other conference.  Or in addition to the Bills and Jets you're also a Browns fan?

That's true. That doesn't negate the browns stupidity 

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can assure you I love the jets. My father is a die hard jets fan. My favorite players growing up were Marvin Jones, Ray Mickens, Curtis my favorite Martin, Randy Thomas, Glenn, Coleman and Sam Cowart who previously played for buffalo.  My all time favorite jet is probably Vinny Testaverde or Marvin Jones. I was obsessed with Marvin Jones growing up and had his Same number in HS. I was naive enough to think I could play lb at Florida State lol

Buffalo grew on me growing up because of how good they were along with trying to be different from my old man. 

I can assure you I love the jets. My father is a die hard jets fan. My favorite players growing up were Marvin Jones, Ray Mickens, Curtis my favorite Martin, Randy Thomas, Glenn, Coleman and Sam Cowart who previously played for buffalo.  My all time favorite jet is probably Vinny Testaverde or Marvin Jones. I was obsessed with Marvin Jones growing up and had his Same number in HS. I was naive enough to think I could play lb at Florida State lol
Buffalo grew on me growing up because of how good they were along with trying to be different from my old man. 

Just tell me how old you were in 1992. That will tell me everything I need to know
  • Haha 1