Darnold to the Vikings.... The Phoenix Rises?

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’s probably going to start for them.

It’s a terrific situation for him where he gets to play for a quality playcaller in O’Connell and throw to JJ, Addison, Hockenson.

It’s only a terrific situation, because a team like the Vikings will also grab somebody like JJ McCarthy, or Penix, and sit them behind Darnold no matter what.

• Upvote 1

I think this will be the first time he plays in a dome with good wr's and a good line.

I think he will still be what he has always been and will still suck but at least now people will stop making excuses for his performance. 

• Upvote 1

He's one of the few top QBs I've been wrong about over the last 8-10 years. I really thought he was going to be a 10 year starter in the league. Still hate that we threw him in to the fire in the worst possible situation a QB can be put in between the talent on the rest of the roster, playcalling, and (lack of) coaching.

Excited for him. Hope he does well. 

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s officially a journeyman now. It’s always going to be the boner throws in big spots that sink him 

Yeah, he has that killer turnover gene that Vinny had. 

If he ever does have a breakout season, it will be in large part because he figures out how to limit the killer mistakes (much like Vinny did for us in 98)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, August said:

He LOOKS like he should have a strong arm but his arm is average. Once again it’s the perception of Darnold. 

He LOOKS like he should have a strong arm and looks can be deceiving.  Except in this case they're not.  Darnold has a very strong arm.

• Upvote 1

Schlereth said, noting that Darnold wanted to sign with the 49ers to get some "football rehab" after spending the first five years of his careers with the Jets and Panthers, where opportunity for success may have been muted by ineptitude

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Schlereth said, noting that Darnold wanted to sign with the 49ers to get some "football rehab" after spending the first five years of his careers with the Jets and Panthers, where opportunity for success may have been muted by ineptitude

Anothe Comp pick for SF....

200.gif?cid=d9212ad96e7tnknw8j9ij7m68jr7