Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

If it isn’t him, all Rodgers has to do is say that, and he stops all this BS but he hasn’t done that yet… and here we are.

Him, his people, woody and the Jets are all probably drafting his exit speech as we speak 🤣

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

13 more days of this nonsense? ugh. 100% not happening, but of course Rodgers' ego won't allow him to come out and simply deny it. He loves that everyone's talking about him. 

Just win us a damn SB in 2025 and then you can go do whatever you want, Aaron. 

It’s not ego.

Half of the general public wouldn’t be able to pick RFK Jr. out on a California sidewalk during a lazy Sunday stroll.

Now you have his name trending everywhere for the last 24 hours.

Again: it’s the Jets, so I’m expecting the worst, but it’s more likely that this is a media campaign to bring eyes on RFK Jr.’s campaign/platform and another political name will be named as his actual running-mate.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Tyrod Taylor - QB1

I hate this team.

no way, Joe D would not let this happen.  he would go out and get Tannehill or Garoppolo and be pleased with himself

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Dont mind Fredo. He's still arguing about how one of Zach's preseason passes from two years ago means he's going to be better than mahomes and rodgers combined. 

That dream should be considered “Joever”

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Someone needs to tell him what he's doing to JetsNation! Of the humanity of it all!!! 

Are you kidding? Max is loving this. First day of the league year and this thread is hotter than the FA signing one.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He lives in California.

This is the Jets, so I will not rule out the absolute buffoonery losing Aaron to RFK Jr., but of course he was going to announce it in California.

im dyin here, sawces?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Are you kidding? Max is loving this. First day of the league year and this thread is hotter than the FA signing one.

Having to post in this thread is the equivalent of JD being forced to text Rodgers, on Woody’s behalf, to see if he would consider him for another ambassador term.

It’s the yuck.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Apparently. You think the Dems will lose NY again in your lifetime? (doesn’t matter how old you are btw)

Don't underestimate the power of the Kennedy/Rodgers ticket!

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I gotta be honest; I have no idea why anyone who calls themselves a Jets fan would want this to happen.

I don’t think any of you guys seem to understand how f*cking awful the ramifications of this would be.

Make stupid moves, win stupid prizes.

Also, I presume you watched the team the last 13 seasons.  Threats of "but this will be awful" might fall on deaf ears with that recent past in mind.

:-k

;)

\\:D/

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I gotta be honest; I have no idea why anyone who calls themselves a Jets fan would want this to happen.

I don’t think any of you guys seem to understand how f*cking awful the ramifications of this would be.

Because I believe he' shot and believe it's a throw away year just to start yet another rebuild next year.  Would rather expedite that process.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Don't underestimate the power of the Kennedy/Rodgers ticket!

Rumor is that the domain is already registered on GoDaddy.com 👀👀

Yall about to lose daddy, somebody just watch out for Jake Asman because he legitimately might commit if this happens 

Watching The Tea GIF by MOODMAN

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because I believe he' shot and believe it's a throw away year just to start yet another rebuild next year.  Would rather expedite that process.

This

We are the portion of the fan base not living on false hope @Mogglez.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I, too, wish to expedite the process by allowing a GM and coach to select a young QB for the next regime.

Sounds like a plan for success.

Just ask Todd Bowles.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I, too, wish to expedite the process by allowing a GM and coach to select a young QB for the next regime.

Just ask Todd Bowles.

It's amazing how people don't get this obvious point. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

Y’all gotta chill like arod

Good for you mr ego clown

You think you can take 2 seconds out of your beautiful day to calm the fans and potential free agents nerves??? 

Nope jets be dammed 😭😭😭

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s not ego.

Half of the general public wouldn’t be able to pick RFK Jr. out on a California sidewalk.

Now you have his name trending everywhere for the last 24 hours.

Again: it’s the Jets, so I’m expecting the worst, but it’s more likely that this is a media campaign to bring eyes on RFK Jr.’s campaign/platform and another political name will be named his actual running-mate.

This is 100% my assumption -- that he's letting it hang out there to generate buzz for his pal -- but it's still an utterly ludicrous thing for this goofball to do after lamenting "getting everything that doesn't have to do with winning out of the building."

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This

We are the portion of the fan base not living on false hope @Mogglez.

Look, if the plan is to keep the window open, he’s the best chance.

The Jets went into the offseason thinking that he would be here and the window would be open.  I don’t want to have to scrap that whole f*cking plan, which cost us moving down in the first last year and a 2nd this year btw, because some jagaloon in California, who sounds like he smokes 12 packs of unfiltered cigarettes a day, thinks he can win the presidency as an independent.

If he leaves, this season is over, and this regime will be fired.  They will have wasted an entire year operating under the belief that acquiring picks for a rebuild is the wrong move because they can compete with Aaron Rodgers under center.  Also, you can kiss Garrett Wilson, Sauce Gardner, Breece Hall, and Jermaine Johnson goodbye because, besides the fact that another losing season will put their mental state in the gutter, the next regime will have to come in and accrue draft capital to rebuild.  That’s ALSO not taking into consideration that Joe Douglas and Saleh, in an effort to save their jobs, might blow their loads trying to get a young QB to restart their clocks, impossible as that may seem.

It isn’t just Aaron’s Jets tenure this would destroy.  You guys don’t like Saleh and Joe Douglas.  Fine.  They were considered home-run hires when they were made.  What combo do you think you are getting if the mess outlined above come to fruition?  I can tell you right now with absolute certainty that it will be more John Idzik or Mike Maccagnan-esque and Adam Gase hires.  I’ve seen the desire for Vrabel in a post-Saleh world.  Not a chance in any universe if Aaron destroys us from the inside out.

• Post of the Week 2

Here's the thing about the Rodgers VP thing:

This is a key time of year for teams who are looking to improve their roster and sell season tickets. The Jets just traded for Morgan Moses, added a left guard in John Simpson and will likely be making more moves in the coming hours/days/weeks.

If potential season ticket buyers are hesitant because they don't know who the QB will be, I'd imagine the Jets brass would be on the phone with Rodgers and his agent to let him know he could start hurting their bottom line and to please fire off a tweet to squash the rumors.

The fact that both he and the team have remained silent (and the fact that something like this could only happen to the Jets) is what has me a bit worried.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is 100% my assumption -- that he's letting it hang out there to generate buzz for his pal -- but it's still an utterly ludicrous thing for this goofball to do after lamenting "getting everything that doesn't have to do with winning out of the building."

But why now at the start of free agency?????

If he is serious about winning here this is the last thing rodgers should do, all this is doing is sabotaging the Jets free agency.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Just ask Todd Bowles.

That would be terrible so it would probably happen. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Fair, of course I’ve  been happily married to the exquisite  Mrs Crusher for 25+ years, but before that my taste in women degraded as whatever bar or club I was in was getting ready to close. I’d get there looking for an 7 and up, but by 330 a.m, I would happily settle for a pulse. 

I liked to call that wild boar hunting back in the day lol

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

But why now at the start of free agency?????

If he is serious about winning here this is the last thing rodgers should do, all this is doing is sabotaging the Jets free agency.

The timing is blowing my mind. Sometimes you have to just reset and it’s looking like the inevitable is forcing it’s way early if this bizarre situation unfolds. Most legendary trade disaster of all time and it’s not even close if this happens. This is like the buttfumble x a million. This would go down as the most ridiculous thing in NFL history when you count the injury 4 plays in last year after Testaverde was captain etc. At this point, I welcome it and want the glory of being the worst ever. JET UP!

• Haha 2