Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

17 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

About as legit as there ever was. What 3rd party candidate got the most votes? H ross perot? Kennedy might surpass him so yes its legit

i never said they would win

Ross Perot's late night infomercials where my late night friend while getting my Doctorates. Love that little big eared fella. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Pac said:

This thing is on life support..  Once the mods awake from their slumber I suspect they'll wrap this thing up. 

Probably for the best as most have said what they want to without it getting too weird. 

Sup?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Bump 

Did the hippie put down the crack pipe and give a update on this situation?

Im going to guess no, why would clowns stop clowning 

I just read that he is in costa rica at another mushroom retreat and quite possibly is was not aware by of any of this! Wow the circus has become ringling brothers level

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

About as legit as there ever was. What 3rd party candidate got the most votes? H ross perot? Kennedy might surpass him so yes its legit

i never said they would win

How about Teddy Roosevelt running on the Bull Moose ticket? Kennedy is poling closer to his #'s according to him 

• Haha 1

I'll project how this will go.  If Kennedy actually wants Rodgers, I'd bet Rodgers would want to take it.  He'd love the attention and the media platform it would give him.  I'm *sure* Rodgers would think that he could do that AND play QB for the Jets.  It would offer him unprecedented exposure that his ego could not pass up.

That would not mean he would be allowed to do so... And here is the key.

WOODY.

We know that he puts national politics before football.  He's stated publicly that he needed to focus on "getting his candidate elected" before the previous POTUS election.  We also know that he is a Republican.

If Woody thinks Kennedy's third part run will take votes away from the Republican candidate, he would cut Rodgers on the spot.  If Woody thinks Kennedy's campaign will take votes away from the Democratic candidate, he would allow Rodgers to do it and he would contribute to the campaign.

This is not an attempt at humor.  That is how this is going to play out should Kennedy actually chose Rodgers. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I'll project how this will go.  If Kennedy actually wants Rodgers, I'd bet Rodgers would want to take it.  He'd love the attention and the media platform it would give him.  I'm *sure* Rodgers would think that he could do that AND play QB for the Jets.  It would offer him unprecedented exposure that his ego could not pass up.

WOODY.

We know that he puts national politics before football.  He's stated publicly that he needed to focus on "getting his candidate" elected before the previous POTUS election.  We also know that he is a Republican.

If Woody thinks Kennedy's third part run will take votes away from the Republican candidate, he would cut Rodgers on the spot.  If Woody things Kennedy's campaign will take votes away from the Democratic candidate, he would allow Rodgers to do it and he would contribute to the campaign.

This is not an attempt at humor.  That is how this is going to play out should Kennedy actually chose Rodgers. 

Thinking ahead! Love it! So much in play while Rodgers is off floating in a dream state...

7 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

WOODY.

We know that he puts national politics before football.  He's stated publicly that he needed to focus on "getting his candidate elected" before the previous POTUS election.  We also know that he is a Republican.

If Woody thinks Kennedy's third part run will take votes away from the Republican candidate, he would cut Rodgers on the spot.  If Woody thinks Kennedy's campaign will take votes away from the Democratic candidate, he would allow Rodgers to do it and he would contribute to the campaign.

Omg this is the worst case scenario imo

The fact that this is still a thing is a problem, is he QB of the jets in 2024 or not, anything else Rodgers just retire now and stop holding us up.

If anything this should should all fans that this man is not 100% committed to winning football games and he has one foot out the door

Cutt the cracked out hippe now, rip the bandaid now 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ross Perot's late night infomercials where my late night friend while getting my Doctorates. Love that little big eared fella. 

I was a general clarksdale fan

I remember watching the first vp debate where they introduced him and his response was I’m not sure why I’m here

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The fact that this is still a thing is a problem, is he QB of the jets in 2024 or not, anything else Rodgers just retire now and stop holding us up.

If anything this should should all fans that this man is not 100% committed to winning football games and he has one foot out the door

Umm, I believe his dead cap hit would be $66m. No. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Hippie, lol. How exactly old are you? 80?

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

You could make the argument the jets org is not committed to winning football so rodgers would simply fit in

We have put up with this approach for 50 years so why not at least with a hof qb

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I would not worry.  I don't believe Woody would allow it.  I don't want to get political, but based on what I have heard from Kennedy thus far, his campaign would most probably take more votes from the political right vs. the left.  Given that, Woody would not be happy with one of his key employees taking an active part.  He's probably already spoken to Rodgers about it.  Told him to have some fun if he wants for now, but nothing past that.  Remember, Woody still loves it when the Jets circus comes to town and draws a crowd.  So... Rodgers will be allowed to play with political fire, but he wont be allowed to cook. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

there is no world were i want Woody having a much larger role in anything Jet related.

if you are insinuating that JD will make a desperate move to save his job and hurt us down the line he already proved he wont. his FA moves up till now have been modest contracts that wont hurt us in the future. and he could have gave that crazy contract to Ridley and not care about the cap future.

if JD gets fired at the end of the year he isnt going to want giving out huge contracts to kill the Jets future cap on his resume because he was trying to make the playoffs to save his job. it wouldnt look good to other teams wanting to hire him.

This was a discussion about if Rodgers leaves to join the campaign trail.

Then JD is all but assured to be fired after next season.  That's just the reality.  At that point I am absolutely insinuating that JD will do what's in HIS best short term interest and not the teams long term interest of the Jets.

At this point he, like most fans here, are under the illusion that Rodgers is going to come in on his white horse and save the franchise.  So yes, JD is still thinking and acting long term.  But with Rodgers gone even he and the most ardent JD supporters will have to realize he's gone after this upcoming season.

With all of that said - How much worse can Woody be than what JD has produced?