Daniel Jeremiah has us trading up for Marvin Harrison JR

57 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yeah because there’s no way we could have drafted both Keyshawn and Marvin Harrison.  Is there an obvious jet FO blunder from the past 30 years you won’t defend?

Keyshawn was the top WR pick, everyone knew he would be the first overall pick.  And no, they couldn’t grab Harrison who was taken 19th overall.  It wasn’t a blunder by the Jets, it’s a blunder by you.  

There’s nothing to defend, jets didn’t have two first round picks.   Pointing that fact out, a detail that hasn’t sunk in yet brings out your go to response.  I’m defending the Jets pointing out it was impossible for the Jets to draft Harrison, while you continue on with your nonsense.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:21 AM, Augustiniak said:

Don’t love trading next year’s 1 though.  I really doubt they move up to 5 and not go qb. 

They wouldn't!  It would be a dumb move, and it won't happen.  Next year, the Jets might need that 1st round pick to grab a QB, if Rodgers decides to retire after this year, or even if he doesn't retire. And the Jets are not trading up to 5 to get a QB either. 

Something to consider when adding another top-10 WR:  How is that going to affect team chemistry, specifically, Garrett Wilson’s feelings? 

Marvin Harrison Jr:  
Former teammate, plays X.

I think GW would concede to being #2 given the capital that would be required to trade up.   Conclusion: great fit

Rome Odunze:  
plays X. 

I think GW would happily consider himself 1A to Romes 1B and due to complimentary nature of Z to X, they would have friendly competition.  Conclusion: great fit

Malik Nabers:    
Plays Z/Y

GW and Malik would start out a dynamic duo, but eventually wear each other out; each wanting to be the Alpha spotlight. I can see Nabers pulling a Tonya Harding, and Garrett planting guns on Malik at La Guardia until one of them effectively shoots the other out of town, or demands a trade.  Conclusion: great for 2-3 years, max. 

Brian Thomas Jr:   
Plays X/Z

Already well-adjusted to Nabers’ alpha antics; despite leading the NCAA in TDs was still second-slotting in his own locker room. Would play the beta well.  Conclusion: No problem

• Haha 2

6. Looking for clues: The Jets held visits with at least six prospects who could be picked in the top half of the first round -- Bowers; wide receivers Odunze and Malik Nabers (LSU); and offensive linemen Alt, Fautanu and JC Latham (Alabama). Recent history suggests the visits usually reflect which positions they might draft.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39976186/new-york-jets-notebook-drafting-brock-bowers-first-round-aaron-rodgers

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

Something to consider when adding another top-10 WR:  How is that going to affect team chemistry, specifically, Garrett Wilson’s feelings? 

Marvin Harrison Jr:  

I think GW would concede to being #2 given the capital that would be required to trade up.   Conclusion: great fit

Rome Odunze:  
plays X. 

I think GW would happily consider himself 1A to Romes 1B and due to complimentary nature of Z to X, they would have friendly competition.  Conclusion: great fit

Malik Nabers:    
Plays Z/Y

GW and Malik would start out a dynamic duo, but eventually wear each other out; each wanting to be the Alpha spotlight. I can see Nabers pulling a Tonya Harding, and Garrett planting guns on Malik at La Guardia until one of them effectively shoots the other out of town, or demands a trade.  Conclusion: great for 2-3 years, max. 

Brian Thomas Jr:   
Plays X/Z

Already well-adjusted to Nabers’ alpha antics; despite leading the NCAA in TDs was still second-slotting in his own locker room. Would play the beta well.  Conclusion: No problem

Nabers:

IMG_5366.webp

@dbatesman

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Once again people putting him in canton when #2 and #3 wr are not that far off and there is a decent chance any one of a half dozen other guys could be the best wr in this super deep wr draft.

Harrison is this years version of Trevor lawrence, really good prospect?  Yes, probably the #1 guy in his position group?  yes, 100% generational?  I am betting no.

I totally get your point, but it does feel like Harrison is as safe as a WR can get and that he has a particularly high floor. Same for Odunze. It's really hard to imagine those two guys not at least being pretty good. I think that's why people like the idea of a trade up - get a talented young WR to pair with GW for years to come who has an extremely good chance of not busting. 

Practically speaking, I think trading up to 5 or higher would be too expensive (and I actually think MHJ will be gone by pick 4, anyway). I think the only plausible trade up would be to 7 or 8 for Odunze. Unfortunately, I think there is a decent chance that the Giants take Odunze at 6, so I don't think any of this is very likely at all. 

5 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

statistically, MHJ is like the 8th best wr in this class.

His surname means squat

Odunze at 10.

That's not how the draft works.

Statistically, Tim Tebow was the best college QB of all-time when he was drafted. 

MHJ wasn't that great statistically this year because he went from catching passes from CJ Stroud to Kyle McCord, among other issues. Context matters. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Marvin Harrison Jr:  

Rome Odunze:  
plays X. 

Malik Nabers:    
Plays Z/Y

Brian Thomas Jr:   
Plays X/Z
Is this guy Nabers already a diva? We already went through that with Elijah Moore.

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Is this guy Nabers already a diva? We already went through that with Elijah Moore.

Nothing I can speak to personally, obviously.  But he’s been described as a high maintenance player.  

He had charges for carrying a gun dropped. Was involved in a fight with a teammate (that he didn’t start, but didn’t back down from), and he has generally indicated that he knows how great and physically gifted he is.

Personally, I want him on our team for said physical gifts.  I think he would make our offense incredible. Borderline unstoppable. but I also think, we’d be looking at a 2-3 year window with him before he’s in the headlines for the wrong reasons and/or GW would be demanding a trade.

I love Harrison but why would I give up a 2nd next year. Let the QB have their run which will happen and you have a 50% chance of getting the Washington Odunze. And if he isn't there either move down and pick up a two and 3 this year or a 3 this year and a 2 next year. You then go get either an OT or even Bowers which will be there later in the draft. You have  6 OT who are first round grades. And 3 more who are 2nd round grades. 

5 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I love Harrison but why would I give up a 2nd next year. Let the QB have their run which will happen and you have a 50% chance of getting the Washington Odunze. And if he isn't there either move down and pick up a two and 3 this year or a 3 this year and a 2 next year. You then go get either an OT or even Bowers which will be there later in the draft. You have  6 OT who are first round grades. And 3 more who are 2nd round grades. 

3 positions worth trading for are qb/stud wr/stud OT

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

3 positions worth trading for are qb/stud wr/stud OT

The point is that if you stay where you are you going to get a Wideout stud or a OT stud. Why give up valuable picks Number 10 you either will get top Wideout like Odunze if Chicago doesn't pick him or go get Fagua or Fashnau at OT.

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

The point is that if you stay where you are you going to get a Wideout stud or a OT stud. Why give up valuable picks Number 10 you either will get top Wideout like Odunze if Chicago doesn't pick him or go get Fagua or Fashnau at OT.

If the jets want a top wr they will likely need to trade up.  If they want a top tackle they can stay at 10.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

If the jets want a top wr they will likely need to trade up.  If they want a top tackle they can stay at 10.

That all depends on the Bears. The way it looks their will be 4 QBs in the first 10. then two wideouts. Joe alt will be in the mix. Atlanta is picking defense. So is the Bears going to pick another receiver or are they going to trade this pic. Or will they they take a much needed defensive stud. I would not trade any picks unless it was that QB you want. I just take the top OT which is a need. But if you can trade down and get two players in the first two rounds that would be also great. 

Would you do this trade for MHJ to move up to 5 if he’s still there?

We get 5th overall and draft MHJ a guy I view as elite and playing style I think mixes great with what we have right now and the future.

LAC get 10th overall, 4th rounder (134 overall) and a 2025 2nd.

6 hours ago, C Mart said:

6. Looking for clues: The Jets held visits with at least six prospects who could be picked in the top half of the first round -- Bowers; wide receivers Odunze and Malik Nabers (LSU); and offensive linemen Alt, Fautanu and JC Latham (Alabama). Recent history suggests the visits usually reflect which positions they might draft.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39976186/new-york-jets-notebook-drafting-brock-bowers-first-round-aaron-rodgers

Matt Miller ⁦‪@nfldraftscout‬⁩

Do what you will with this information: Marvin Harrison Jr. took just two “30” visits—

Bears
Cardinals 

He did meet with nine teams at the combine but those are the only visits he’s known to have taken.

4/22/24, 3:43 PM