Daniel Jeremiah has us trading up for Marvin Harrison JR

On 3/20/2024 at 10:15 AM, bonkertons said:

I'm sure the appeal of moving up for him will be strong, assuming things play out the way DJ predicts and the QBs all go top-4.  If you're JD you have a chance to secure the best WR duo in the league to go along with your Rodgers window now, as well as giving your future QB replacement a pair of elite weapons to work with.  If it only costs something like a 4th this year and 2nd next year, IMO you can't pass that up.  

If the price is too great though I'd probably just sit tight and take Bowers.  I think a Garrett/Bowers duo might be even better for a young QB, considering Bowers is more of a security blanket option.  You can always then find a decent Williams replacement next year in the 2nd or even 3rd if you're lucky.  

The Chargers wouldn't just go by a chart based on values for the 5th pick. MHJ is arguably considered the best prospect in this draft; they will want much more from a team for the opportunity to draft him.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You do when it’s MHJ.

Quickly becoming the most overrated prospect in years surpassing Trevor Lawrence.

Excellent receiver, #1 in the draft class, but not by as much as people are speculating.

If he is as good as people are saying as in handing him a gold jacket before one snap then no one is going to trade down.

And if they did I am asking for multiple 1st rounders.  As zona I'll trade with you jets, 1-4 for 1-10, your 3rd rounder this year and a one and two next year minimum.

Isn't it funny  how the masses were all happy to win the meanginless games last year at the end of the year and now want to sell the farm to trade up for a player who is not out of this world better than the guys just behind him at Wr.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Quickly becoming the most overrated prospect in years surpassing Trevor Lawrence.

Excellent receiver, #1 in the draft class, but not by as much as people are speculating.

If he is as good as people are saying as in handing him a gold jacket before one snap then no one is going to trade down.

And if they did I am asking for multiple 1st rounders.  As zona I'll trade with you jets, 1-4 for 1-10, your 3rd rounder this year and a one and two next year minimum.

Isn't it funny  how the masses were all happy to win the meanginless games last year at the end of the year and now want to sell the farm to trade up for a player who is not out of this world better than the guys just behind him at Wr.

Preaching to the choir on the meaningless games argument my guy.  If it were up to me Saleh would have been fired and the interim HC would have been instructed to play the bottom of the roster guys.  MHJ to the Jets without a trade up.  

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is disparaging to fans that love the culture that was built from those wins and don’t have an understanding of foresight/planning. 

• Haha 2

Harrison is going to be great. It’s easy to see. I just don’t envision us trading up although he’s going to be worth it. 

If I had to pick one player that I think will make the hall of fame, it is Marvin Harrison Jr. 

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You do not trade up for a WR in a  very deep wr draft when you have lost your last two 2nd rounders and drafted a part time edge guy with your first last year.

We need compliments to garret wilson not a guy better than garret wilson at the cost of major resources and no team are going to let us trade up to 4 or 5 at a bargain basement price of like a 2nd rounder the following year.

Simply not worth it.   Decent chance Harrision is not going be the best wr from this draft.

This.

We should be recouping our 2nd rounder. 2 top 50 prospects would look good in green.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

ehhh - maybe just me but it doesn't feel like he's becoming any more highly rated. He's been rated as a super high end WR prospect for many months. The only thing I see "quickly becoming" is a bunch of people trying to knock him down.

On 3/19/2024 at 9:25 AM, Rhg1084 said:

He has us giving up a 2 next year. And if it’s for Marvin Harrison I’d give up the 1 anyway the guy has HOF potential 

I'd do it for a #2 next year.  That would never happen.  Minnesota is offering 2 current first rounders to move up.

I would not trade next years #1.  We need to get a future QB at some point.  That $50MM dead cap bomb means we need a low cost option at QB when he leaves or we are doomed to return to bottom feeder for at least 2 years.

2 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

I'd do it for a #2 next year.  That would never happen.  Minnesota is offering 2 current first rounders to move up.

I would not trade next years #1.  We need to get a future QB at some point.  That $50MM dead cap bomb means we need a low cost option at QB when he leaves or we are doomed to return to bottom feeder for at least 2 years.

Being a bottom feeder when you need a QB isn't the worst thing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Being a bottom feeder when you need a QB isn't the worst thing.

Generally, yes.  But this is the Jets:  The best team in the league in December games when we have nothing to play for.  We'd still find a way to pick 4th in a 2-QB class.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Preaching to the choir on the meaningless games argument my guy.  If it were up to me Saleh would have been fired and the interim HC would have been instructed to play the bottom of the roster guys.  MHJ to the Jets without a trade up.  

I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have that win over the Patriots than our first round pick in 2025. 

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have that win over the Patriots than our first round pick in 2025. 

For the glory of that win I'd give up ever having a 1st round pick again.

We are now 1-15 in our last 16 games against them and we're on a 1 game winning streak.  We OWN them!

On 3/19/2024 at 1:15 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yes, Alt to TEN is as close to a lock as it gets.

Brian Callahan is the new HC, and his dad, ex-Jet coach Bill Callahan the OL guru, was hired as his OL coach.

They paid the money to Ridley for a reason.

I guess there's a chance they don't think Alt is the #1 prospect, but we shouldn't hold our breath.

Even if TEN passes, there's no way he falls to #10.

Let's say TEN passes on OT. Wouldn't that be a pretty big red flag 

The stupid late W over the Giants and “win” over pathetic NE in week 18 cost them a free roll at MHJ.

According to this, would take 500 additional “pts” to jump from #10 to #4.

Pick #72 is only worth 230.

Douglas would need to throw in at least a 2nd next year.

According to the stupid chart, the Jets could trade their entire draft and it wouldn’t be enough to acquire MHJ at #4 or #5.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=NYJ

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2024 at 5:54 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

We drafted Alex Van Dyke over Marvin Harrison and then one year later told Peyton Manning to take a hike.

E003BB13-D24B-45CD-8D0C-15B9C568C109.thumb.jpeg.928f2774b34535b3c150f846a6f64d2b.jpeg

Other than it was Keyshawn over Harrison and he was easily the top prospect at WR and they never told Manning to lake a hike.

Losing Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If this trade happens is Woody going to start calling himself "Rolls Royce Robert Wood"?

This is all Joe Douglas. I'm already impressed with his off-season at this point in time. He's not done. He has another surprise for Jets fans in the 1st rd. 

Let's see if this one sticks, Tuscany. Lol

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Other than it was Keyshawn over Harrison and he was easily the top prospect at WR and they never told Manning to lake a hike.

Losing Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

Yeah because there’s no way we could have drafted both Keyshawn and Marvin Harrison.  Is there an obvious jet FO blunder from the past 30 years you won’t defend?

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

This is all Joe Douglas. I'm already impressed with his off-season at this point in time. He's not done. He has another surprise for Jets fans in the 1st rd. 

Let's see if this one sticks, Tuscany. Lol

I don't want to trade day 1 or 2 picks next year though.  We're going to have a ton of holes to fill again next year after all of these 1 year deals expire.

On 3/21/2024 at 6:50 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

You do when it’s MHJ.

Once again people putting him in canton when #2 and #3 wr are not that far off and there is a decent chance any one of a half dozen other guys could be the best wr in this super deep wr draft.

Harrison is this years version of Trevor lawrence, really good prospect?  Yes, probably the #1 guy in his position group?  yes, 100% generational?  I am betting no.