Daniel Jeremiah has us trading up for Marvin Harrison JR

I'm sure the appeal of moving up for him will be strong, assuming things play out the way DJ predicts and the QBs all go top-4.  If you're JD you have a chance to secure the best WR duo in the league to go along with your Rodgers window now, as well as giving your future QB replacement a pair of elite weapons to work with.  If it only costs something like a 4th this year and 2nd next year, IMO you can't pass that up.  

If the price is too great though I'd probably just sit tight and take Bowers.  I think a Garrett/Bowers duo might be even better for a young QB, considering Bowers is more of a security blanket option.  You can always then find a decent Williams replacement next year in the 2nd or even 3rd if you're lucky.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Luckily for the team who snags MHJ - he's both.

Right but I think you know I referring to the Crappy ass combine which in this case or most cases should have no bearing on who you choose in the draft.  You are either a football player or your not. For instance Mike Williams might not be a burner and he's not but man will he make the big catches for you when they are needed. Combine can't tell ya that.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Right but I think you know I referring to the Crappy ass combine which in this case or most cases should have no bearing on who you choose in the draft.  You are either a football player or your not. For instance Mike Williams might not be a burner and he's not but man will he make the big catches for you when they are needed. Combine can't tell ya that.

No but 3-cone, for instance, can still tell you which guys are going to create problems in space and who the top EDGE guys are.  

Vertical leap matters a whole lot too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Cardinals are 100% going to trade out for a team trying to get a QB. It'll be too rich not to say no. 

Which MEANS - Jets have the perfect opportunity to trade with the Chargers. It's all too perfect NOT to do it. Chargers can fall back and take an OL still, while gaining picks. It shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. 

GET IT DONE JD.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Cardinals are 100% going to trade out for a team trying to get a QB. It'll be too rich not to say no. 

Which MEANS - Jets have the perfect opportunity to trade with the Chargers. It's all too perfect NOT to do it. Chargers can fall back and take an OL still, while gaining picks. It shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. 

GET IT DONE JD.

Why wouldn't the Chargers just take MHJ? It's one of their biggest needs right now. Look at their WR corps.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAC

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Why wouldn't the Chargers just take MHJ? It's one of their biggest needs right now. Look at their WR corps.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/LAC

Say hello to Greg Roman..

"Can you imagine Justin Herbert with a great running game?" Roman said. "... We don't know, but I can imagine what it might look like. So that's kind of the vision."

told you so agree GIF by Bounce

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Say hello to Greg Roman..

"Can you imagine Justin Herbert with a great running game?" Roman said. "... We don't know, but I can imagine what it might look like. So that's kind of the vision."

told you so agree GIF by Bounce

Interesting quote. Now I see where you are coming from.

However, no running game is going to succeed against 8 in the box all day when you have 0 WRs that can challenge the opposition's DBs.

If you were the Cardinals, what would you prefer:

4th overall for 6th overall and a 2nd (guaranteed MHJ or Nabers)

or

4th overall for 11, 23, and a '25 1st (probably have to settle for BTJ or the tier just under him - Franklin, Mitchell, McConkey)

As much as I love both Nabers and MHJ, and would want to put Murray in the best possible situation, IMO getting that '25 1st would be too much to pass up I think.  You walk away with three 1st rounders this year - probably a high end WR, CB, and DE/DT, and then you have the ammo next year to go get a QB if needed.  If you don't need it, even better.  Add two more core pieces.  Plus there's always the chance Minny flops next year with a kid QB and Darnold.  That pick could be a good one.

24 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

or

4th overall for 11, 23, and a '25 1st (probably have to settle for BTJ or the tier just under him - Franklin, Mitchell, McConkey)

As much as I love both Nabers and MHJ, and would want to put Murray in the best possible situation, IMO getting that '25 1st would be too much to pass up I think.  You walk away with three 1st rounders this year - probably a high end WR, CB, and DE/DT, and then you have the ammo next year to go get a QB if needed.  If you don't need it, even better.  Add two more core pieces.  Plus there's always the chance Minny flops next year with a kid QB and Darnold.  That pick could be a good one.

You absolutely take 3 first round picks. Easy choice.

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't see JD making this move but I would absolutely love it. 

As would I.

The thing with Daniel is that he hears quite a bit, I don't think it is about the Jets moving up as much as the Chargers wanting to move down. He probably knows that the Jets like Marvin, and put 2 and 2 together.

• Upvote 1

I think going to 4 or 5 is too expensive given that we have no 2nd already.

I'm feeling 8 though (ATL).  CHI is projected to take Odunze at 9.  Moving to 8 at the last minute probably gets us Odunze and might only cost our 4th and maybe a late pick in 2025.  ATL will take the first defensive player off the board whether it's at 8 or 10 and it's going to be the same guy regardless so I can't see them balking at a reasonable offer. 

Anyway, that's my 2 cents...

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think going to 4 or 5 is too expensive given that we have no 2nd already.

I'm feeling 8 though (ATL).  CHI is projected to take Odunze at 9.  Moving to 8 at the last minute probably gets us Odunze and might only cost our 4th and maybe a late pick in 2025.  ATL will take the first defensive player off the board whether it's at 8 or 10 and it's going to be the same guy regardless so I can't see them balking at a reasonable offer. 

Anyway, that's my 2 cents...

Even if chicago doesn’t want a wr, i could see a team jumping in there to take him.  

I have such a strong bowers vibe from the jets right now though. 

3 hours ago, bonkertons said:

or

OR we could’ve just lost to the Pats and be picking 5 or 6.  But honestly sticking an L up Belicheck’s ass on his way out was worth it.

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2024 at 10:08 AM, bicketybam said:

I dunno. Chris Simms has him as the 3rd best receiver in the draft 😅

I am not familiar with him in the sense i havent watched s game he played his highlight reel is no different than the other 2 guys. I just dont see it.

As a student of human nature, i can see a lot of parroting. One guys says wow. Next guys says that harrisons son! Next guy says oh hes good and he is jr, so he could be better than dad. Then the parroting starts and hype builds and everyone starts repeating what they heard and adding on. 
Im sure he is very good but….. idk

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I am not familiar with him in the sense i havent watched s game he played his highlight reel is no different than the other 2 guys. I just dont see it.

As a student of human nature, i can see a lot of parroting. One guys says wow. Next guys says that harrisons son! Next guy says oh hes good and he is jr, so he could be better than dad. Then the parroting starts and hype builds and everyone starts repeating what they heard and adding on. 
Im sure he is very good but….. idk

Wow i know i was gonna get trashed here so a preemptive strike:

I googled wr stats. 

mhj is tied for second with 3 other players in tds

mhj is around 9th in total yards

overall, stats wise mhj is ranked #10 being outproduced more or less by rome, btj, even legette and worthy

holy hell batman this is all hype. Keep parroting everybody! The stats dont lie. 
discuss

You do not trade up for a WR in a  very deep wr draft when you have lost your last two 2nd rounders and drafted a part time edge guy with your first last year.

We need compliments to garret wilson not a guy better than garret wilson at the cost of major resources and no team are going to let us trade up to 4 or 5 at a bargain basement price of like a 2nd rounder the following year.

Simply not worth it.   Decent chance Harrision is not going be the best wr from this draft.

• Upvote 1