Daniel Jeremiah has us trading up for Marvin Harrison JR

Lol at some of the freezing takes in this thread that MHJ isn't the best in class or that there isn't much separating him from Nabers and Odunze (I freaking love Odunze btw). Stop relying on big names to backfill your opinion. Chris Simms and the like also thought Zach was the best QB of his class. 

Even if the assertion is that Nabers and Odunze are great prospects and will have great 10 year careers - MHJ is going to be playing for a gold jacket every single time he steps on the field. Come on with some of this. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

10 to 5 shouldn't cost a future 1. Would it?? Feel like a 2nd round pick and something else maybe? 

Do you remember how much it cost to go from 6 to 3?  It will surely take 2025s FRP to go up 5 spots in the top 10

• Upvote 2

I might sound crazy but I think it's overkill. Please give us Odunze at 10 and keep the draft capital.

I also believe with the front of the draft being loaded with quality QBs, OTs, and WRs, the value of a top 10 pick will be inflated this year and moving from 10 to 5 will cost more than the draft value chart might suggest. To me, these stories coming out how Nabers is now viewed by some GMs as the #1 only further solidifies how coveted MHJ is.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

As a start.

More like this years #1, this year's #3, next years #1 and more.

You could pretty much say we'd be giving up the entire top of the 2024 and 2025 drafts for him.  Full Ditka.

Personally, not a fan of the idea.  I'd rather take Odzune in the 1st, Johnny Wilson in the 3rd, and whatever we'd get with our #1 and #2 next year than MHJ, good as he appears to be.  

Depends on what trade chart you look at but this years 1 and 3 is worth 1530 points, and LA's 1 this year is 1700, so not miles apart. Definitely wouldn't required next year's first as well (if you go by the book).

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=NYJ

Still, LA would need a real good reason to trade down, and much as I may like the idea, I just don't see it happening in reality.

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Stay at 10 and all 3 of them will be off the board 

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Then take the other Jr. 

So if we take this scenario in isolation, and assume LA are happy with the trade of this year's 1 and next year's 2 - would you rather have MHJ and no 2nd round pick next year, or BTJ and our 2nd round pick next year?

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Culture>top draft picks 

These culture freaks neglect to understand that top tier talent is what creates the culture.  Texans culture was toxic right up to the point where they landed CJ Stroud.  Same with Jaguars culture before they got some studs in there.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's almost like winning those meaningless December games ended up being a bad thing.  A real shame no one here was saying so at the time.

We needed to root against the Jets those last few games but not enough did and we actually won a couple. Damn these fans!

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Whether you think MHJ will be there or not, or whether the Chargers will pass on him or not, this still brings up an interesting question. I think no matter what there will be avenues to move up if we wanted to. Like others have mentioned, Atlanta seems like an obvious option. Only 2 spots and it should guarantee you one of Odunze or Nabers. 

If Atlanta is dead set on edge rusher and they see guys like Turner and Latu or Verse being in the same tier, I’m sure they’d be open to moving back 2 spots. That shouldn’t cost you much more than one of your two 4ths either. If it’s MHJ, Nabers, Odunze or bust, this seems like the smart play. 

But yes obviously if MHJ is still on the board at 5 and the Chargers are eyeing Fuaga in the 1st and a WR in the 2nd(they did after all just take QJ last year), the Jets should absolutely be calling. I’d imagine pick 10, 72, and a 2nd next year would be the max price. No way should the 2025 1st be in play to go from 10 to 5 for a non-QB. 

Cost to trade with ATL is likely both 4th round picks.  They add up to 100 chart points which is what going from #10 to #8 would cost (according to one chart). 

ATL has a lot of picks, I was thinking of ways to get creative, like Swap 1's, give two 4's and a future 2, to get back #8 and a (this year) 3rd. 

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's almost like winning those meaningless December games ended up being a bad thing.  A real shame no one here was saying so at the time.

It is interesting to see how things have evolved ... back in Dec / early Jan the narrative was that we had missed any chance at one of the three top OTs by ending up at 10. Now most mocks I see only have one OT gone before 10. 

However, now we are more focused on WR, and the debate is whether any of them will be there at 10 ... but back in Dec / early Jan the mocks seemed to have guys like Odunze still being on the board at 10.

Are mocks just trolling us? Whatever position is our #1 need we just miss out on the best guys by being at #10? :D 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

We needed to root against the Jets those last few games but not enough did and we actually won a couple. Damn these fans!

It's always the fans that are to blame! :D 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

These culture freaks neglect to understand that top tier talent is what creates the culture.  Texans culture was toxic right up to the point where they landed CJ Stroud.  Same with Jaguars culture before they got some studs in there.

Also that winning changes culture. Rarely do you see teams consistently losing have great culture. Have the Pats had great culture the last few years? And they’ve had the “goat” HC still there. No not really. Bc they haven’t been winning.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Lol at some of the freezing takes in this thread that MHJ isn't the best in class or that there isn't much separating him from Nabers and Odunze (I freaking love Odunze btw). Stop relying on big names to backfill your opinion. Chris Simms and the like also thought Zach was the best QB of his class. 

Even if the assertion is that Nabers and Odunze are great prospects and will have great 10 year careers - MHJ is going to be playing for a gold jacket every single time he steps on the field. Come on with some of this. 

Sounds  very much like the trevor lawence talk, sending a guy to canton before he has taken one snap in the league.

Send him to a trash team with a trash QB or oc and he will be garret wilson.  Super good player, decent numbers.  A long ways from a gold jacket.

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sounds  very much like the trevor lawence talk, sending a guy to canton before he has taken one snap in the league.

Send him to a trash team with a trash QB or oc and he will be garret wilson.  Super good player, decent numbers.  A long ways from a gold jacket.

QB is a different animal to judge rather than a skill position guy. The last couple “can’t miss” guys like Saquon and Jamaar Chase all panned out

22 minutes ago, jamesr said:

It is interesting to see how things have evolved ... back in Dec / early Jan the narrative was that we had missed any chance at one of the three top OTs by ending up at 10. Now most mocks I see only have one OT gone before 10. 

However, now we are more focused on WR, and the debate is whether any of them will be there at 10 ... but back in Dec / early Jan the mocks seemed to have guys like Odunze still being on the board at 10.

Are mocks just trolling us? Whatever position is our #1 need we just miss out on the best guys by being at #10? :D 

Either way….Get ready for us to take the top EDGE guy on our board!  lol.  

13 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Garrett Wilson is still awesome and ended up well worth the pick, no?  

Draft elite/good players whether you have the QB or not.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not sure why you are touting this? Fans have no impact on the game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This is true, but it was driven by off-field stuff. If it were based on talent alone, Moss would have been as highly projected and drafted as Megatron.

MHJ is suffering from a stacked QB class and also from new rules. If MHJ had come out before they changed the QB rookie contracts in the early 2010s, he'd probably be going #1 or #2 overall.

Maybe. 

I personally don’t quite see why he’s significantly better than everyone else. I think he’s neck and neck with Nabers. 

1 hour ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I might sound crazy but I think it's overkill. Please give us Odunze at 10 and keep the draft capital.

I also believe with the front of the draft being loaded with quality QBs, OTs, and WRs, the value of a top 10 pick will be inflated this year and moving from 10 to 5 will cost more than the draft value chart might suggest. To me, these stories coming out how Nabers is now viewed by some GMs as the #1 only further solidifies how coveted MHJ is.

Odunze will not last till 10. If we stick at 10 our choices will probably by Bowers, Thomas, Olu, Fauaga. Guys like that. If we want one of the big 3 WRs we’d need to trade up!

Either way….Get ready for us to take the top EDGE guy on our board!  lol.  
While I can't see it happening ... it would almost be worth it for the comedy value around here.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Depends on what trade chart you look at but this years 1 and 3 is worth 1530 points, and LA's 1 this year is 1700, so not miles apart. Definitely wouldn't required next year's first as well (if you go by the book).

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=NYJ

Still, LA would need a real good reason to trade down, and much as I may like the idea, I just don't see it happening in reality.

I'm not looking at a trade chart.  I think it's outdated at this point, especially in those very top pick slots, where alot of those kind of presumptions can go out the window.

Of course, I think it's moot, because I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell JD is moving up like that.  And I agree, you have to have a parent in any trade, and I don't see this combo being realistic.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jesus....Same sh*t.  

Maybe we should lose all 16 games every year so we always have the first overall pick.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Garrett Wilson is still awesome and ended up well worth the pick, no?  

Draft elite/good players whether you have the QB or not.  

yes he is awesome and worth the pick.  Was garret wilson declared a hall of famer before he set foot into and nfl camp?

Did we have to trade up to get him?

People are acting like Harrison is going revolutionize the game like megatron did.

Top wr in the draft?  Yes

Desirable to obtain?  Yes

So far above anyone else he is a must have compared to other top end guys?  Nope

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

QB is a different animal to judge rather than a skill position guy. The last couple “can’t miss” guys like Saquon and Jamaar Chase all panned out

Saquon?  That is highly debatable.  He was chosen 2nd overall and when healthy is a good back.

People thought highly of chase, I did not hear anyone putting him in the hof before he set foot on an nfl field.