Daniel Jeremiah has us trading up for Marvin Harrison JR

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Saquon?  That is highly debatable.  He was chosen 2nd overall and when healthy is a good back.

People thought highly of chase, I did not hear anyone putting him in the hof before he set foot on an nfl field.

I mean Saquon is a top 5 player at his position I think he’s lived up to his pre draft “hype”. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Sounds  very much like the trevor lawence talk, sending a guy to canton before he has taken one snap in the league.

Send him to a trash team with a trash QB or oc and he will be garret wilson.  Super good player, decent numbers.  A long ways from a gold jacket.

I think I was one of the very first people to distance myself from Trevor and Zach in the November leading up to that draft. Feel free to check the draft forum if you don't believe me.

The reason for that context is to say that I'm fully aware of the hyperbole and silliness surrounding draft prospects, especially the top tier ones.

MHJ is not just hype or PR. He's the real deal. He's Randy and Megatron and Julio as a prospect.

We can revisit later. 

9 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean Saquon is a top 5 player at his position I think he’s lived up to his pre draft “hype”. 

People throw the word franchise around for any decent starter.  Then they want to diminish guys who have actually been given the franchise tag.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

yes he is awesome and worth the pick.  Was garret wilson declared a hall of famer before he set foot into and nfl camp?

Very few people on this site wanted him, and even less wanted Breece Hall.  

They'll pretend otherwise, but there were damn few folks here focused on getting Wilson, and far, FAR fewer who would ever brook the idea of drafting Hall as high as we did, lol.

But the select few who were clear about their desire of both, we certainly remember.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Selling the future to go all-in on one season? Color me sold, Jets have had a lot of success with that gameplan before.

The last two times we tried the all-in approach led to back to back AFCCG appearances and the only winning season in the last 13 years. 

What "successes" am I missing with the alternative approach?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I think I was one of the very first people to distance myself from Trevor and Zach in the November leading up to that draft. Feel free to check the draft forum if you don't believe me.

The reason for that context is to say that I'm fully aware of the hyperbole and silliness surrounding draft prospects, especially the top tier ones.

MHJ is not just hype or PR. He's the real deal. He's Randy and Megatron and Julio as a prospect.

We can revisit later. 

Yes we can, he is in no way shape or form in megatrons class, probably not in moss's class.  Julio?  Maybe

We have zero clue on a few of his metrics, one major one being speed.

This kind of over hype is beyond ridiculous imo.   We shall see.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

5000 yards in 6 seasons, averaging 4.3 yards per carry isn't amazing.

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Cost to trade with ATL is likely both 4th round picks.  They add up to 100 chart points which is what going from #10 to #8 would cost (according to one chart). 

ATL has a lot of picks, I was thinking of ways to get creative, like Swap 1's, give two 4's and a future 2, to get back #8 and a (this year) 3rd. 

I think you could probably delay a 4th til next year tbh. Other than that your counter is probably too steep for me. Not paying a 2nd next year just to get an extra 3 this year. Especially since we’re likely to be looking for a QB next year and that’s a prime asset to move up. 

13 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

did harbaugh lose his mind on the flight from michigan___  this is nonsense

and who is herbert going to target_ little wilson from mich in the 2nd

zero chance without next years first 

yea he's not getting past the Chargers and you have to do some convincing to get them to pass on the chance to take MHJ.

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Marshall Div II SOS probably scared off the early suitors. 

The whole league knew he was a serious pot head.  Failed multiple drug tests.

Still stupid for him to fall to 21 very very stupid.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes we can, he is in no way shape or form in megatrons class, probably not in moss's class.  Julio?  Maybe

We have zero clue on a few of his metrics, one major one being speed.

This kind of over hype is beyond ridiculous imo.   We shall see.

Hold on. I never said he's in their classes. I don't think I'll ever see any WR as freakishly talented as Randy or Megatron. That's irrelevant. I'm saying that he's the type of can't miss WR prospect that those guys and Julio were. He's not playing for all-pros; he's playing for a gold jacket. Those are the expectations on him by most people because of his talent, smarts, and what he's put on tape so far. How he stacks up to Randy/Megatron/Julio is irrelevant as long as he ends up in the HoF. 

Disagree completely about him being overhyped. If anything, silly season is absolutely upon up with Thomas ahead of MHJ the way Zach was the best prospect in his draft. Also disagree with "zero clue" about his metrics like speed. We all know how fast he is. We've seen it. Doesn't matter what the clock says, just like it didn't matter what Jerry Rice was clocked at. He wouldn't be a 1st round prospect if there was any thought that he didn't have great-to-elite speed for his position.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

We can revisit later. 

Nobody is Randy. Megatron wasn't even Randy. 

Randy Moss is probably the greatest deep threat of all time. 

That being said this wr class is loaded and Harrison is a true blue chip number one wr 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Cost to trade with ATL is likely both 4th round picks.  They add up to 100 chart points which is what going from #10 to #8 would cost (according to one chart). 

ATL has a lot of picks, I was thinking of ways to get creative, like Swap 1's, give two 4's and a future 2, to get back #8 and a (this year) 3rd. 

8 is to late.  First 7 picks 4 QB’s 3 WR’s book it.

2 hours ago, DoubleDecker said:

Would be awesome if he’s as good as all the pundits say he is.  There is a precendence as well with ATL trading up for Julio.  I highly doubt anyone in ATL regrets that trade and it transformed their offense overnight practically.  If he’s your guy and head and shoulders above the rest, go get him to maximize Rodgers’ window. Bare minimum kick the tires and see what the cost is gonna be…🤷‍♂️

This

Also remember what AJ Green did for the Bengals and the red rifle.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

We already have more 1st round picks then we'll ever be able to re-sign to nice 2nd contracts. AVT, Garrett, Sauce. Jermain, Breece, Will. Seems like a good time to burn two 1st round picks on a hall of fame WR.

Especially considering the Jets were not supposed to have this 1st round pick and 100% would have used the 2nd on a WR this year if Rodgers doesn’t get hurt.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

yes he is awesome and worth the pick.  Was garret wilson declared a hall of famer before he set foot into and nfl camp?

Did we have to trade up to get him?

People are acting like Harrison is going revolutionize the game like megatron did.

Top wr in the draft?  Yes

Desirable to obtain?  Yes

So far above anyone else he is a must have compared to other top end guys?  Nope

I mean the bold is correct at least, so....

I hate the word "generational" as much as anyone but he really just might be in that category.

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Jesus....Same sh*t.  

Maybe we should lose all 16 games every year so we always have the first overall pick.

No, just stop winning meaningless December games EVERY f**king time we are in the midst of a lost season would be a nice start.  The Jets have been pulling this sh*t every few seasons for nearly 2 decades.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Especially considering the Jets were not supposed to have this 1st round pick and 100% would have used the 2nd on a WR this year if Rodgers doesn’t get hurt.

I think it’s a bad draft strategy to not take a guy b/c he’s going to be too good and even before you draft him you don’t think you can re-sign him.  I would take him and see what happens. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I hate the word "generational" as much as anyone but he really just might be in that category.

Truth Harrison would not be as hyped if his dad was not a HOF wr.  Not his fault.  

The whole generational thing was blown for me with trevor.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I'm not sure why you are touting this? Fans have no impact on the game. 

Umm you're missing the point.  My argument is the fans who are HAPPY when we win meaningless December games are simpletons.  No ability to see the bigger picture.  

And since we know Woody's people read fan opinions you're off base on the fan impact part, too.  Woody thinks fans like 7-9 so much more than 2-14 that he never lets his GM tank properly.

11 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Nobody is Randy. Megatron wasn't even Randy. 

Randy Moss is probably the greatest deep threat of all time. 

That being said this wr class is loaded and Harrison is a true blue chip number one wr 

I think Tyreek has entered this conversation personally now that he is able to do it with a JAG at QB as well something Randy could not do in Oakland.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Generational = once in a generation.   Is he going to be better than justin jefferson, jamar chase ?   Tyreek hill?   Cee dee lamb?  AJ Brown?

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think it’s a bad draft strategy to not take a guy b/c he’s going to be too good and even before you draft him you don’t think you can re-sign him.  I would take him and see what happens. 

I’m all for trading up for MHJr I would even do this for Nabers.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think Tenn is going alt.  

Yes, Alt to TEN is as close to a lock as it gets.

Brian Callahan is the new HC, and his dad, ex-Jet coach Bill Callahan the OL guru, was hired as his OL coach.

They paid the money to Ridley for a reason.

I guess there's a chance they don't think Alt is the #1 prospect, but we shouldn't hold our breath.

Even if TEN passes, there's no way he falls to #10.

18 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Hold on. I never said he's in their classes. I don't think I'll ever see any WR as freakishly talented as Randy or Megatron. That's irrelevant. I'm saying that he's the type of can't miss WR prospect that those guys and Julio were. He's not playing for all-pros; he's playing for a gold jacket. Those are the expectations on him by most people because of his talent, smarts, and what he's put on tape so far. How he stacks up to Randy/Megatron/Julio is irrelevant as long as he ends up in the HoF. 

Disagree completely about him being overhyped. If anything, silly season is absolutely upon up with Thomas ahead of MHJ the way Zach was the best prospect in his draft. Also disagree with "zero clue" about his metrics like speed. We all know how fast he is. We've seen it. Doesn't matter what the clock says, just like it didn't matter what Jerry Rice was clocked at. He wouldn't be a 1st round prospect if there was any thought that he didn't have great-to-elite speed for his position.

"He's Randy and Megatron and Julio as a prospect."   This seems to be pretty close to saying he is in their class.

The other dudes had skills he has plus killer speed.

As for his speed?  Like I said no one knows and he is fine with no one knowing his speed.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Brian Callahan is the new HC, and his dad, ex-Jet coach Bill Callahan the OL guru, was hired as his OL coach.

I guess there's a chance they don't think Alt is the #1 prospect, but we shouldn't hold our breath.

Might not be the big lock.  Oline coaches are 100% notorious for thinking they can turn anyone into a great player or group.

The coach also spouted of about weapons being important.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

"He's Randy and Megatron and Julio as a prospect."   This seems to be pretty close to saying he is in their class.

The other dudes had skills he has plus killer speed.

As for his speed?  Like I said no one knows and he is fine with no one knowing his speed.

What do you mean “no one knows” his speed? Is there not any film on him?

6 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If Tenn passes on alt i think either atl or chi takes him.  It does seem as if 7 of the top guys are 4 qbs, at least 2 wrs and alt.  

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

Odunze will not last till 10. If we stick at 10 our choices will probably by Bowers, Thomas, Olu, Fauaga. Guys like that. If we want one of the big 3 WRs we’d need to trade up!

Sadly you’re probably right. UNLESS Penix and Nix slide into the top 10..

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Umm you're missing the point.  My argument is the fans who are HAPPY when we win meaningless December games are simpletons.  No ability to see the bigger picture.  

And since we know Woody's people read fan opinions you're off base on the fan impact part, too.  Woody thinks fans like 7-9 so much more than 2-14 that he never lets his GM tank properly.

Big picture? Fans have no control over the outcome of the game. None.

Whether they are happy or sad, it means a hill of beans. If I rooted against the Jets or for them, it makes no difference because there is no football god. Its up to the coaches and the players, and they are playing for the next contract. They don't care that the Jets have brought me misery for 50 plus years. They want a job next season playing in the NFL.