Official NFL Draft Rumors and News Thread

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

He’s not on the same level as MHJ, Nabers, and Odunze…yet but he’s young and could be.

If we trade back even just a couple of spots this is the guy I want us to draft.

Agree completely but i can easily see jax and Indy eyeing him too.  So if the jets really want him, they’re probably going to have to take him at 10, and if they trade back, then there’s a risk he’s gone but they can still go tackle.  

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hearing they took Bowers to Top Golf but he declined to swing a club because of a balky rotator cuff he suffered in junior high. 

That’s crazy. I heard they took him Golf golfing and he was able to play a full 18 with just one club because he is so versatile.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Jets just released trailer for next week’s 1JD.

👀 Players they included in the vid when they talk about this Thursday and #10

Nabers

Alt

Odunze

Fashanu

Bowers

Fuaga

MHJ

It’s none of them then.  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Fuaga isn’t a top-10 player on any board I’ve seen.

Strictly on talent I think Fuaga is the 2nd best OT in this draft. My issue besides some penalty issues. Is he’s never played LT. And isn’t this drafted OT supposed to be insurance for our LT Smith? Obviously they’re a long term plan. But immediately that’s the role we want out of this top guy.

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Strictly on talent I think Fuaga is the 2nd best OT in this draft. My issue besides some penalty issues. Is he’s never played LT. And isn’t this drafted OT supposed to be insurance for our LT Smith? Obviously they’re a long term plan. But immediately that’s the role we want out of this top guy.

He doesn’t look very natural in pass pro to me.

I don’t care that much about pancake blocks or aggression or speed to the perimeter on toss plays from my LT or RT.

If they stay at #10 and none of the WRs are there, I now think they should take Fashanu.

Don’t overthink this or get mesmerized by pancake blocks vs sub-200 lb DBs.

Take the best pass-protecting LT, the same reason Brick was a top-5 selection.

Do it if you care about avoiding a re-enactment of play #4 from last season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He doesn’t look very natural in pass pro to me.

I don’t care that much about pancake blocks or aggression or speed to the perimeter on toss plays from my LT or RT.

If they stay at #10 and none of the WRs are there, I now think they should take Fashanu.

Don’t overthink this or get mesmerized by pancake blocks vs sub-200 lb DBs.

Take the best pass-protecting LT, the same reason Brick was a top-5 selection.

Do it if you care about avoiding a re-enactment of play #4 from last season.

Tyron Smith > Duane Brown

Fashanu looks incredible, and this was from what, a year ago?

Pass rushers / EDGE defenders are either “put on a treadmill” where their feet keep moving but they aren’t gaining any ground or they just flat out give up.

Either way, once he engages the defender it’s like a brick wall.  Any momentum they had just stops.

His feet and lateral agility look great too.  For a big guy to be able to take quick steps like and stay balanced and anchored is remarkable.

It he’s not the closest thing to Tyron Smith in this draft, I’m not sure who else it could be.

• Upvote 3

Look at this.  What more can you ask of a guy?

I mean come on.  This guy is ready to come in on day 1 and hit the ground running.

Meaning you don’t need to rely on Keith Carter 😂 to “develop” him.

In 733 pass block snaps

0 sacks allowed

1 QB hit allowed 

IMG_5187.thumb.png.dec89ec70929a3b9cdf31e22114e50f7.png

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Obviously 

But he’s missed so much time.

He’s not going to play 17 games this year.

Maybe maybe not. You’re likely right. But Snity when’s he’s gotten injured a lot of the time. It isn’t a season ending injury. Saw that he’s actually never missed a playoff game. So if a guy like Warren has to play 2-3 games sometime during the season. That’s ok.

Moat positional groups won’t stay 100% healthy all year. It’s tackle football. 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That just means we need a left hand quarterback, he'll be fine on the right side... LOL

FWIW obviously, but from Russini:

—Giants not looking at QB, want to win this year, definite trade down candidate. 

—Broncos aggressively trying to get up for McCarthy. 

—Pats will stick and pick QB because Kraft is hell-bent on getting the team to win post-Belichick.

—Penix to Raiders is real, but unlikely to trade up because their GM is trade-averse.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

—Giants not looking at QB, want to win this year, definite trade down candidate. 

—Pats will stick and pick QB because Kraft is hell-bent on getting the team to win post-Belichick.

—Penix to Raiders is real, but unlikely to trade up because their GM is trade-averse.

Impact for jets, if true then harder to trade back if raiders won’t trade up and broncos will probably trade into top 9.  

If jd panics he moves up for a wr.  If not we’re in fuaga/fautanu/fuaga territory.  Still think BTJ is in play at 10.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is all pre-draft hype & posturing;

Taking it FWIW, which is a grain of salt.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Giants are fools for thinking that they can "win now" in any substantial measure with their current roster, especially QB.

The most win now they could hope for is a wild card birth and maybe that is enough for Mara to keep Psycho Daboll. But I don't call that win now, that's just barely surviving.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Interesting. What if..part of negotiations for Zach trade involved possible draft night trade for McCarthy. If he’s there at 10, and our WR target is gone, we trade down with them and they throw in Sutton? Maybe not just for JJ .

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Saw this mock - kinda lines up with these comments. I would be pissed if Nabers and Rome are there at 8 and we do nothing.

6 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Fashanu looks incredible, and this was from what, a year ago?

Pass rushers / EDGE defenders are either “put on a treadmill” where their feet keep moving but they aren’t gaining any ground or they just flat out give up.

Either way, once he engages the defender it’s like a brick wall.  Any momentum they had just stops.

His feet and lateral agility look great too.  For a big guy to be able to take quick steps like and stay balanced and anchored is remarkable.

It he’s not the closest thing to Tyron Smith in this draft, I’m not sure who else it could be.

Being incredibly underrated...his small hands are a bit of a concern but not enough for him to not be a top 10 pick. He'll be a real good pro.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Get the feeling we’re staying at 10 and going fuaga or BTJ

IMO if all 3 WRs are gone, they are idiots if they pass on Fashanu at #10, especially for either of those guys.

Might be time for another GGN predraft fanpost 3 years after the ZW debacle. 

22 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Being incredibly underrated...his small hands are a bit of a concern but not enough for him to not be a top 10 pick. He'll be a real good pro.

I trust the tape more than anything.

Not concerned about the hand size as long as the arm length is good.

Joe Thomas didn’t even have prototypical arm length IIRC and he’s in the HOF.

He just knew what he was doing and how to play the position.

There are 2 elite LT prospects in this draft, Alt and Fashanu, and Fashanu looks stronger, more natural in pass pro with better feet than Alt.

• Upvote 1