Official NFL Draft Rumors and News Thread

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Well you see, there's this argument going around that are OL currently is VERY injury prone. Thus having a talented rookie OL being able to step in, over say, Max Mitchell or Xavier Newman, would be much more beneficial during the course of the season for our Veteran old QB.

Shocked Oh No GIF

13 minutes ago, slats said:

Fwiw, PFT has this: 

10. New York Jets: Oregon State tackle Taliese Fuaga.

11. New England Patriots (projected trade with Vikings): Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy.

12. Buffalo Bills (projected trade with Broncos): Washington receiver Rome Odunze.

13. Las Vegas Raiders: Florida State edge rusher Jared Verse.

14. New Orleans Saints: Georgia tight end Brock Bowers.

I’ll be very disappointed if they go Fuaga over Odunze, but not incredibly surprised. 

I can see a debate in the war room where jd wants fuaga, woody wants bowers and the scouts want a wr.  

I do think if the chargers take alt, Tenn could take fuaga which could change how the jets draft. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I can see a debate in the war room where jd wants fuaga, woody wants bowers and the scouts want a wr.  

I do think if the chargers take alt, Tenn could take fuaga which could change how the jets draft. 

If that happens, Douglas should be fired on the spot.

Passing on Odunze and Fashanu in favor of a flawed RT prospect who they think is a "tone setter" flows from the same thought processes that have produced the worst OL in football over the last 4 seasons.

• Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, slats said:

Fwiw, PFT has this: 

10. New York Jets: Oregon State tackle Taliese Fuaga.

11. New England Patriots (projected trade with Vikings): Michigan quarterback J.J. McCarthy.

12. Buffalo Bills (projected trade with Broncos): Washington receiver Rome Odunze.

13. Las Vegas Raiders: Florida State edge rusher Jared Verse.

14. New Orleans Saints: Georgia tight end Brock Bowers.

I’ll be very disappointed if they go Fuaga over Odunze, but not incredibly surprised. 

Fuaga looks bad / shaky in pass pro to me compared to Alt and Fashanu.  And it's anybody's guess if he can play LT.  I'm sorry.  I don't see it.

I don't doubt Douglas is infatuated with the player.

I just have real doubts about the player being worthy of that selection.

Even one of his 2023 "highlight" plays shows the DE rounding him.

He sort of gets beat but is able to push the guy beyond the arc as the QB steps up.

• Upvote 1

Giants are fools for thinking that they can "win now" in any substantial measure with their current roster, especially QB.
The most win now they could hope for is a wild card birth and maybe that is enough for Mara to keep Psycho Daboll. But I don't call that win now, that's just barely surviving.
Survive Now - 60%(less sh*tty) ....

I like it for a T-shirt.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

We are #2, and may very well move into #1 position after Thursday night.

So the question is do we think it is a good decision to have the GM who's assembled the current Jets' OL with the second highest amount of total draft capital used on OL over the last five years (with the second lowest usage of the five being the year he wasn't a GM) use more high draft capital on the OL this year?

• More Ugh 1

Just now, derp said:

So the question is do we think it is a good decision to have the GM who's assembled the current Jets' OL with the second highest amount of total draft capital used on OL over the last five years (with the second lowest usage of the five being the year he wasn't a GM) use more high draft capital on the OL this year?

Would you rather him pick a qb?

11 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Fashanu looks much better to me in pass pro than Fuaga.

His traits jump off the screen.

Plus he can play LT.

I trust Joe Douglas to scout OL about as much as I trust Maccagnan to draft an EDGE or WR.

Pass blocking is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> run blocking for tackles.

These 'do many things' olineman seem to be rising and Fashanu falling a bit at least in the pre draft chatter which is just stupid.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

It’s lying season but shrager is very well connected 

Insanity, Bo Nix 1st rounder, teams trading up high for mccarthy.   Just pure insanity.  NFL front offices get stupider every year.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Are we going up, down or staying?

My sources are telling me that the Jets could go up if they love a player but also trade back and get back that coveted 2nd round pick. They are also comfortable sticking and picking at 10

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

We are #2, and may very well move into #1 position after Thursday night.

We've taken a lot of swings (at that position group), but too many misses. Need to hit on this one if they try it again.

2 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Well you see, there's this argument going around that are OL currently is VERY injury prone. Thus having a talented rookie OL being able to step in, over say, Max Mitchell or Xavier Newman, would be much more beneficial during the course of the season for our Veteran old QB.

Can a 3rd round tackle suffice or does it have to be the 10th pick over all?

• Upvote 1

• The Jets need offensive line depth, but 10 is too high to take offensive line depth.  
  • Fashanu is graded the same as Broderick Jones last year.  Almost exact.  With small hands.  BJ did not kill it last year, and he may not be a LT.   I don’t know whether Fashanu is saving the day if Smith goes down.  I think Carter Warren is first man up.
  • We don’t know AVT’s story.  Do we want to buy him for next year at $20mm?   Fuaga can fill in for him and eventually move to RT.   So he is backing up 2 spots.  Fautanu is not a player you pick at 10-he is 15-20.  
  • From JD’s perspective, if he picks an. OL and he does not contribute meaningfully, he looks pretty bad.  Odunze and Bowers will contribute meaningfully year 1.  There will be an OL available in the 3rd round who can be a better back up than Mitchell and Newman.  Seems like a no brainer to me.  
  • If we trade down, we will get a good developmental OL in round 1 and a WR who makes a difference in round 2/3, like a Morley or Pearsall.   A draft of Fautanu and Pearsall, with a Zach Minter in the 3rd round, would be perfect to me. 
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

My sources are telling me that the Jets could go up if they love a player but also trade back and get back that coveted 2nd round pick. They are also comfortable sticking and picking at 10

image.gif

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

We've taken a lot of swings (at that position group), but too many misses. Need to hit on this one if they try it again.

Fashanu looks like one of the closest things to a slam dunk pick there is in this draft.

I think you basically know what you’re getting.

He’s going to be a cornerstone player.

But the question is will Joe Douglas once again feel the need to be smartest man in the room like when he picked Becton over Wirfs?

IMG_5187.thumb.png.dec89ec70929a3b9cdf31e22114e50f7.png

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

lol, I don’t think there is a 4th option.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Jets need offensive line depth, but 10 is too high to take offensive line depth.  

There are zero legit OTs under contract beyond this year.

Any OT taken won’t be “depth” for very long.

There maybe a 1% chance the entire OL stays intact for 17 games, and maybe a 5% chance Tyron Smith starts all 17.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Fashanu looks like one of the closest things to a slam dunk pick there is in this draft.

But the question is will Joe Douglas once again feel the need to be smartest man in the room like when he picked Becton over Wirfs?

I’m not sure you understand how the pff overall grade works if you think 78.8 is “the closest thing to a slam dunk pick” in this draft. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Agreed.  If he insists on a tackle take the LT!  Screw positional flexibility.

1. Alt

2. Fashanu

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Let the clock run out 🫨😳😂

That happened to Minnesota one year, they missed their pick (some other team ran up and made their pick when the clock ran out) then minny made their pick. then almost did it again in the same draft.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That happened to Minnesota one year, they missed their pick (some other team ran up and made their pick when the clock ran out) then minny made their pick. then almost did it again in the same draft.

I heard they did that on purpose.  They wanted to trade down, but had no takers.  They knew no one was going to take the guy they wanted and let two teams jump them in the draft to save money on the first round draft slot.

• Upvote 2