****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Rattler is gonna be Brett Favre now just because Douglas passed on him 3 times in round 4

Destined to send di%k pics and defraud the welfare system?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wit said:

At this point, the ultimate troll job to the fans would be Kedon Slovis- byu

At least Slovis was looking like a high end prospect a few years ago at USC.

Maybe he can regain that after sitting behind Rodgers and Tyrod for a couple of years.

7 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I love posting with logical people.  As with business, smart strategies (not individual decisions) tend to win.  It all starts with strategy.

Outside of Tippmann, I did not see a smart draft strategy last year .. or at least one that aligned with the Jets short vs. longer term goals.  It just seemed like a collection of players, a group here to appease this corner of the room and a group there to appease the other corner.   Most players who weren't ready to contribute in any meaningful way.

Finally JD seems to have learned and completely taken the reins after last season's colossal failure.

It started with FA and has flowed through to the draft.

1. Listen to Rodgers?  Sure but do not allow him to dictate the offseason

2. Invest early and often into improving the Offense

3. Do not overly rely on a 40 year old QB to do it all by himself (duh)

4. Assume there will be injuries on the OL

5. Move towards a gap power blocking scheme 

6. Fix short yardage

7. Add YAC in the middle of the field

8. Look at data regarding probabilities hitting in the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounds

9. Balance short term vs. long term.  Win now without mortgaging the future

I liked about half his first draft.  It didn't work.  I was a big fan of Becton and Mims.  They just didn't work out.  I thought Cameron Clark was a great pick.  Guy retires.  I liked the second draft except the Wilson pick.  I understand why he was picked.  Also wanted to keep Pinnock.  Thought that was a strange move.

2022 draft historical.  I actually liked last year's draft, but did NOT like the McDonald pick.  I also feel like it was a complete different direction.  It really felt like there were two many 'hands in the pot' making those picks.  Whether it was Woody, Aaron, Saleh, or a combination of all of them. 

Loved both the Tippeman and Warren picks.  Izzy was another RB.  You can never tell.  I was so-so on Barnes and don't think he will work out.  REALLY liked the Converse pick.  Kuntz was a good pick too.  You want to see a flyer taken on a guy like that.  If they don't work (like most of them) you tried.  

Joe Douglas accumulating day 3 picks only to give them away for worse day 3 picks 
That 2025 3rd rounder from the Lions better turn out to be good
Just think what we can get for it in a trade down!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

Here's a player for the Jets. SATOA LATOA out of Utah. Might of spelled his name wrong. He is a guard/tackle.

Like him, but I think some interior OLs have better value right now...Limmer or Mahogany

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Joe Douglas accumulating day 3 picks only to give them away for worse day 3 picks 

That 2025 3rd rounder from the Lions better turn out to be good

It would be great if he traded 2 4ths for 2 6ths.  Then he traded the 2 6ths for 2 5ths in 2025.

• Haha 2

I get that Corley was valued as a 2nd rounder and allen was maybe a late 3rd rounder.  So in terms of value they picked in each of the first 3 rounds.  And then the rest of this draft, for as many picks as they eventually make, is priority FAs for the PS

11 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I liked about half his first draft.  It didn't work.  I was a big fan of Becton and Mims.  They just didn't work out.  I thought Cameron Clark was a great pick.  Guy retires.  I liked the second draft except the Wilson pick.  I understand why he was picked.  Also wanted to keep Pinnock.  Thought that was a strange move.

2022 draft historical.  I actually liked last year's draft, but did NOT like the McDonald pick.  I also feel like it was a complete different direction.  It really felt like there were two many 'hands in the pot' making those picks.  Whether it was Woody, Aaron, Saleh, or a combination of all of them. 

Loved both the Tippeman and Warren picks.  Izzy was another RB.  You can never tell.  I was so-so on Barnes and don't think he will work out.  REALLY liked the Converse pick.  Kuntz was a good pick too.  You want to see a flyer taken on a guy like that.  If they don't work (like most of them) you tried.  

You make it sound like he just quit ... He was almost paralyzed.