****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

32 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I can’t understand why so many here are complaining about day 3.  The rbs behind breece have been terrible, and they took 2 big guys who are going to grind for yards and not dance like izzy and carter did.  It’s not as if we didn’t take a wr on day 2.  And they’re going to sign FAs who inevitably flash and compete for roster spots or PS spots

The JFM salary dump could go towards a veteran receiver.

• Upvote 1

Jaylen Key is almost certainly going to play LB for the Jets. He’s a big lean safety with room to grow like Jamien Sherwood a few years back. If nothing else he will be a flat out beast on special teams 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Jaylen Key is almost certainly going to play LB for the Jets. He’s a big lean safety with room to grow like Jamien Sherwood a few years back. If nothing else he will be a flat out beast on special teams 

He was never going to be drafted. That was a waste of a pick. There were other safety's rated better than him. Richardson and Sam was still out there.  

7 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

He was never going to be drafted. That was a waste of a pick. There were other safety's rated better than him. Richardson and Sam was still out there.  

Just because they are rated better doesn’t mean they are better. The whining on this board is ridiculous. The entire draft is a big dart throw and the target gets smaller with every round. If the Jets end up with a LT or swing tackle, a future slot receiver, a back up RB and a rotational DB, it’s a success. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Damn - how stupid are the Jets scouts and Douglas after all that work this year. They should have let them stay home with their families and just called you

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Now he picks a safety. So many better than him.

If you know so much, why are you on a fan message board rather than an NFL draft room? All GMs make good and bad picks and some are better or worse than others, but to act as if you know which players drafted this weekend were good or bad picks is just BS

11 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Just because they are rated better doesn’t mean they are better. The whining on this board is ridiculous. The entire draft is a big dart throw and the target gets smaller with every round. If the Jets end up with a LT or swing tackle, a future slot receiver, a back up RB and a rotational DB, it’s a success. 

No not always. But much of the time when a player is more talented you will succeed more than the one that isn't. Now Key played for a terrific team but he really did not perform that great. Others has. Isn't that how you draft someone.  

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Certainly Joe D & company haven’t earned the benefit of the doubt. But it is humorous folks go from slobbering all over them one second to skewering them the next. Especially when draftees haven’t played down one in the NFL. Many players that fans wanted but didn’t get will bust and visa versa. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If you know so much, why are you on a fan message board rather than an NFL draft room? All GMs make good and bad picks and some are better or worse than others, but to act as if you know which players drafted this weekend were good or bad picks is just BS

So I can't have a blanking opinion!!   Who the blank are you that I can't give my opinion!!

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You’re right. It’s ok to have an opinion. I firmly believe that anyone who claims to know good picks from bad picks, from round 1 through round 7, is full of it though.

Then I suggest you watch about 20 games of college football a week. 

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

That’s the point. Watching these guys in college doesn’t tell you if they will succeed in the NFL. It’s a different game. 

Well I have been doing it for over 50 years and I have been pretty good at it. In fact way better than Mel Kiper. But I don't have to explain this to you. 

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Jordan Travis would have been a 1st rounder had he not gotten hurt. He is better than JJ, Nix, and has similar talent and ability to Penix.  

I'd compare him more to a lesser skilled Bryce Young.  

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Why can’t we draft LBs to play LBs?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I mean you can’t argue with this logic. If the Jets did not draft him with the last pick in the draft, he was for sure never going to be drafted.

On the other hand, neither were any of those other guys you are talking about. Cause ya know, it was the last pick in the draft.

13 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

I mean you can’t argue with this logic. If the Jets did not draft him with the last pick in the draft, he was for sure never going to be drafted.

On the other hand, neither were any of those other guys you are talking about. Cause ya know, it was the last pick in the draft.

Most likely yes you are right. But Brock Purdy changed that. And if you know anything about the Draft history the draft was actually more rounds than 7. I think it was 12 rounds but I could be wrong. Its been so long. 

1 minute ago, DoubleDown said:

People come out and speak with such conviction. The reality is no one knows what any of these players after Round 3 are going to turn into. 

“Listen you little millennial sh*t, he wasn’t even in my top 200! While you were Nintendo-ing with your nerf guns, I was grinding VHS tapes on fullbacks!”

• Haha 3