****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

Just now, kdels62 said:

What is going on?! These are fifth and sixth rounders. 

Also getting that little white kid to say Qwan’tez Stiggers his hilarious.

Much of my Travis hate comes from listening to Nate Tice ripping him when Tice was breaking down Keon Coleman. I’ve since calmed down when I realized the alternative QB3 was Zach Wilson or Trevor Siemian. Like the Stiggers pick. That’s worth a flier. Or flyer. Whichever. 

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Love too use three draft picks on a hope and a prayer who’ll be inactive for all eighteen weeks of my one-year Super Bowl window

As opposed to a couple late sixth rounders who don’t make it out of camp? Like I said, I can’t kill it. I don’t love it, either, but it seems like a pretty low cost to spend on a QB flyer lottery pick. All honesty, I’m with you, I don’t need this QB. But a lot fans want exactly this; the draft a QB every year mantra. See what sticks. Douglas talked about starting a QB factory, too. He’s got his #1 & 2 under contract for the next two years while this kid recovers(?), sits, and learns. Not my choice, but I really can’t crap on it. 

• Upvote 1

HMMMM....

Jordan Travis was the QB I wanted to roll the dice on.  Give him a year or two behind Rodgers, and he might be quite good.  Good place to find a developmental QB.

Do NOT like the Davis pick.  I think there were better options to double dip on than RB.  That said, lets see how it plays out. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

You seriously want to root for a guy who is supposedly a douchebag and looks like this?

syohcspikjx9k35dqswv

You should be ashamed of yourself.

😂

ZW was king of douchebags yet I had to root for him

Rattler is Nelson Mandela for me in terms of likability compared to Kapono 🤣

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jets1958 said:

He got his first paycheck from Walmart, where he collected the shopping carts in the parking lot at the store on Cascade Road in Southwest Atlanta. He washed cars at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. He was a car salesman for Superior Chevrolet. He worked temp jobs and made deliveries for DoorDash.

Hey, this dude hustles.

"I even had my own mobile oil change and brake service business," he added. "I’ve had a lot of jobs."

Now, Stiggers is poised to line up his next job with a dash of history. According to ESPN, Stiggers, projected as a mid-to-late-round pick, could become just the third player selected in the common NFL draft who didn’t play in college.

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

HMMMM....

Jordan Travis was the QB I wanted to roll the dice on.  Give him a year or two behind Rodgers, and he might be quite good.  Good place to find a developmental QB.

Do NOT like the Davis pick.  I think there were better options to double dip on than RB.  That said, lets see how it plays out. 

I agree 100%.  Better getting a big guard/OT Combo then another RB. 

Day 3 has been a massive letdown, at least from this uninformed fan's perspective.  Allen seems like he'll be useful but no idea about the rest of these guys.  Even the 3rd rounder we got from the Lions next year will probably be toward the bottom of the 3rd (though it'll still have some value in a potential trade up).

• Upvote 2

Brendan Rice and Malik Washington were right  freaking there for us to double our chances on coming out of the draft with a long term WR...

Simply confounded by these last two picks, and now trading out of the 6th round to draft a guy we could sign.... JD had a chance for an inside the park home run on this draft and tripped between second and third. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

He got his first paycheck from Walmart, where he collected the shopping carts in the parking lot at the store on Cascade Road in Southwest Atlanta. He washed cars at Hartsfield-Jackson Airport. He was a car salesman for Superior Chevrolet. He worked temp jobs and made deliveries for DoorDash.

Hey, this dude hustles.

"I even had my own mobile oil change and brake service business," he added. "I’ve had a lot of jobs."

Now, Stiggers is poised to line up his next job with a dash of history. According to ESPN, Stiggers, projected as a mid-to-late-round pick, could become just the third player selected in the common NFL draft who didn’t play in college.

He will ne a nickel back. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

real Maccagnan hours

I now understand why you don’t give GMs six year deals because they spend the first three years burning resources to desperately prop up the team and the subsequent three years burning capital desperately trying to cover up all the mistakes from the first three years. Draft Olu! (to replace Becton) Draft Corley! (to replace Elijah Moore) Rodgers! (Zach) etc etc etc.

90% chance he drafted the two backs because the scouts loved Davis but the coaches loved Allen so he tries to mollify both. Stupid process. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

As expected Douglas does his usual, never plays to the strength of a draft.  Drafts two RBs when they are a dime a dozen

Deep, WR and oline so after his first two picks he feels 'we are good!' and avoids a host of other useful players all the while playing madden by trading all over the place.

If you friggin liked Jordan Travis use one of your 4th rounders on the guy, just trading for the sake of trading.

Good first two picks, disgusting rest of the draft for the resources we had.

• Post of the Week 4

12 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Do we not have one?

I’m so confused. Hasn’t your argument been for over a year that the Rodgers trade was dumb and that the Jets should be looking for the next guy in the draft?

Why would taking a developmental QB in the 5th round suddenly be a bad idea?