ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

10 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach at the least is one of the best 40 pro QBs and there's a job for him if he wants it. 

No, he is not.  He’s a QB3 on a fairly weak depth chart, which decidedly puts him outside the top 64.

Name a team who would be willing to make him their QB2 right now.  Maybe Minnesota signs him to compete with Nick Mullens and Jaren Hall for a roster spot following the JJ McCarthy injury.  Maybe.

• Upvote 2

So many people here including myself wanted to just keep Darnold as a bridge and trade down. I still think we gave up too fast and are incapable of understanding the QB position. We would have won 10-12 games with Darnold and who knows what the narrative is at that point. 

Once we screwed up not getting Lawrence ( who was the only sure thing) that should have been the plan 

I'm happy we have Rodgers now tho hopefully for a few years and at least drafted a development qb

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

People love throwing sh*t like that out there as if it’s fact.  “Zach is a top 40 QB because….draft pedigree, and reasons and stuff.”

“At the VERY LEAST a top 40 QB”

we’re talking worst case here 

lol 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

So many people here including myself wanted to just keep Darnold as a bridge and trade down. I still think we gave up to fast and are incapable of understanding the QB position 

Eh, just because Darnold was not insignificantly better than Zach Wilson doesn’t mean you commit to Darnold for another year.  The 2 and 5 we got from the Panthers for an expiring contract was a good deal.  He’s done basically nothing post-Jets and will do a lot of nothing with this opportunity in Minnesota.

The best move would have been to trade Darnold AND either move down from 2 OR use the pick on a Chase or Pitts type.  Then, go with an alternative vet bridge QB on the cheap, like Brissett.  I and quite a few others wanted that option at the time.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Eh, just because Darnold was not insignificantly better than Zach Wilson doesn’t mean you commit to Darnold for another year.  The 2 and 5 we got from the Panthers for an expiring contract was a good deal.  He’s done basically nothing post-Jets and will do a lot of nothing with this opportunity in Minnesota.

The best move would have been to trade Darnold AND either move down from 2 OR use the pick on a Chase or Pitts type.  Then, go with an alternative vet bridge QB on the cheap, like Brissett.  I and quite a few others wanted option at the time.  

If we kept Darnold and traded down, how much draft capital would we have got? 

5 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

So many people here including myself wanted to just keep Darnold as a bridge and trade down. I still think we gave up too fast and are incapable of understanding the QB position. We would have won 10-12 games with Darnold and who knows what the narrative is at that point. 

Once we screwed up not getting Lawrence ( who was the only sure thing) that should have been the plan 

I'm happy we have Rodgers now tho hopefully for a few years and at least drafted a development qb

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The best move would have been to trade Darnold AND either move down from 2 OR use the pick on a Chase or Pitts type.  Then, go with an alternative vet bridge QB on the cheap, like Brissett.  I and quite a few others wanted option at the time.  

Literally any course of action other than drafting Zach second overall would have had a better outcome.  Even Trey Freaking Lance has looked better than Zach in preseason 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach at the least is one of the best 40 pro QBs and there's a job for him if he wants it. 

Perhaps. But he wanted to be in Denver. If he doesn’t stick there, I don’t see him keeping this going. He can go to Utah games with his family this year instead. 

We won 10-12 games with Zach

Just took more than one season to do so.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Perhaps. But he wanted to be in Denver. If he doesn’t stick there, I don’t see him keeping this going. He can go to Utah games with his family this year instead. 

His family has generational wealth and he has $30 million of walking around money courtesy of the NYJ.

Add that to what we know about his personality and it is very hard to see how a guy like that would be willing to eat the buckets of sh*t necessary to tag on somewhere for the league minimum and grind away behind the scenes for 5 years to maybe get another shot at the big chair one day.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

His family has generational wealth and he has $30 million of walking around money courtesy of the NYJ.

Add that to what we know about his personality and it is very hard to see how a guy like that would be willing to eat the buckets of sh*t necessary to tag on somewhere for the league minimum and grind away behind the scenes for 5 years to maybe get another shot at the big chair one day.

Unless, of course,…well I’m not going to go there just yet 

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Looks like Nix will be their starter probably Payton will announce this week and not play him in final game. One announcer said that Stidham would cost Denver more to keep on roster. I think he has 2 year 10 million deal but if they release him only owe 1 million while Denver pays Zach 2.75 for 2024. Which is guaranteed. If Zach isn't terrible next week and he wasn't that bad tonight he had two dropped passes in his first series and another on that failed challenge, the safety wasn't his fault and team scored 10 points in his stint. He could get traded to a backup slot if he's beat out by Stidham. 

Pal you are crazy to think Payton will keep Zach over Stidham for 5 mil a year. guy wants to win and if last year showed us anything and im mean the whole NFL is that you need a quality backup and 5 mil is not alot for that. 

Rodgers, Burrow, Herbert, Cousins,... and im sure im missing a few more went down last year. you think Payton is going to make the same mistake that we did and leave Zach as the backup? hes got one more game to convince Payton to keep him on the P.S

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, jgb said:

You remind me of the Japanese soldiers hiding in the jungle in 1965 who didn't realize WWII was over.

this is f@#$% hilarious. i cant stop laughing. and because it is true. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

If we kept Darnold and traded down, how much draft capital would we have got? 

Use what the 49ers gave up to move to 3 as a guide.  # 12 pick plus two 1sts and a 3rd.  

I’d still have liked that 2 (and 2022 5) though in addition to the 49er trade package.  It was a very deep draft class and would have made me feel a lot better about that horrendous 2020 season not even netting us # 1 overall.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Pal you are crazy to think Payton will keep Zach over Stidham for 5 mil a year. guy wants to win and if last year showed us anything and im mean the whole NFL is that you need a quality backup and 5 mil is not alot for that. 

Rodgers, Burrow, Herbert, Cousins,... and im sure im missing a few more went down last year. you think Payton is going to make the same mistake that we did and leave Zach as the backup? hes got one more game to convince Payton to keep him on the P.S

After what he put up last night my guess is Payton would rather sever a few of his own toes than be one injury away from sending Zach in to meaningful regular season action.  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Larz said:

5 pages on 6 passes. 

yikes lol. 

At the end of those 5 pages, @Dunnie finally came to terms with Zach Wilson's suckitude.

5 pages to provide the finishing blows after 4 years of Zach Wilson duping two different franchises, numerous coaches and legions of defenders.

The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

Go find another thread for your useless snark.

• Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1