ZACH WILSON isn’t on the Jets anymore discussion (merged)

6 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Sean Payton is an overrated coach who is a piece of sh*t human and anyone who roots for him needs their moral compass recalibrated.  He develops no one.  Quite literally has never developed a QB.  Ever.  He sucks so bad at it he took a 37 year old rookie in the draft so he hopefully wouldn’t have to but just wait till Bo Nix gets reminded of what it was like playing in the SEC. 

Zach Wilson sucks donkey dick and no matter how much word vomit you spew, he will still suck.  Referencing the preseason as some gauge to show improvement is next level stupid and means you probably just started watching the NFL when the NFL expanded their marketing to cover childless cat ladies. 

JIF, you know what your problem is ? You're to reserved. You do know holding it in will lead to health problems in later life ? Seek psychological counseling. Go to an assertiveness training class. And learn to let it rip.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WestCoastMole said:

JIF, you know what your problem is ? You're to reserved. You do know holding it in will lead to health problems in later life ? Seek psychological counseling. Go to an assertiveness training class. And learn to let it rip.

Halloween Horror GIF by Aya Murata

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Sean Payton is an overrated coach who is a piece of sh*t human and anyone who roots for him needs their moral compass recalibrated.  He develops no one.  Quite literally has never developed a QB.  Ever.  He sucks so bad at it he took a 37 year old rookie in the draft so he hopefully wouldn’t have to but just wait till Bo Nix gets reminded of what it was like playing in the SEC. 

Zach Wilson sucks donkey dick and no matter how much word vomit you spew, he will still suck.  Referencing the preseason as some gauge to show improvement is next level stupid and means you probably just started watching the NFL when the NFL expanded their marketing to cover childless cat ladies. 

Zach Wilson isn’t starting next week.  Neither are Penix, Maye or McCarthy.  Therefore, Zach is better than those 3 players 

7C229E1D-F5DD-4804-B58D-06FC83B5CA13.thumb.jpeg.3f61f058d9c347f9f726fbb97d59939d.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 8/31/2024 at 5:48 PM, Dunnie said:

I was and am in agreement with the trade. He was not developing here and it was never going to work .... Whether or not Payton can make him serviceable is still not clear...
Time will tell. Who knows ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

• Sympathy 1

Zach would still be on the team if Saleh didn't convince Woody that last year's failure was all Zach's fault. Amirite, @TuscanyTile2 

Woody is so weak willed that he let a complete soft as baby sh*t coach like Saleh talk him out of keeping Zach. And now Zach was won a job as QB3 on the Broncos! He beat out whoever was trying for QB3 (was there someone?) and is now backing up Stidham who is backing up a rookie. Curse you, Robert Saleh! Curse you!!!! You cost us this diamond in the rough!

Zach has the physical skill to be an NFL qb but he doesn’t have it mentally. Even in that preseason game he crumbled when pressure was in his face. Not sure if that can be fixed. This is his 4th year coming up. He is a coach killer, he looks good without pressure but is a train wreck otherwise.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Zach has the physical skill to be an NFL qb but he doesn’t have it mentally. Even in that preseason game he crumbled when pressure was in his face. Not sure if that can be fixed. This is his 4th year coming up. He is a coach killer, he looks good without pressure but is a train wreck otherwise.

Ahhhh Zach was responsible for leading the Broncos to 5 scoring drives and 31 of the 38 points scored last Sunday

• WTF? 1

On 9/1/2024 at 3:59 AM, JiFtheOracle said:

Steven Spielberg Film GIF

• Haha 1

Zach had 28 starts in college vs 61 for Nix. So the assumption on my part at least is that Nix who also played in 2 bigger programs than BYU is better prepared to play in the NFL as a rookie than Zach obviously was not. Of course those numbers aren't a rule of thumb. Josh Allen had 26 total college starts in even lesser programs. 

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Zach had 28 starts in college vs 61 for Nix. So the assumption on my part at least is that Nix who also played in 2 bigger programs than BYU is better prepared to play in the NFL as a rookie than Zach obviously was not. Of course those numbers aren't a rule of thumb. Josh Allen had 26 total college starts in even lesser programs. 

Nix can see the field, read defenses and doesn’t panic at every little thing 

13 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

This thread is so long that its very possible that this time 2 years from now when Zac is officially kicked out of the NFL for sucking so bad he will be posting in this exact thread trying to defend himself....

He'll be sitting on a beach with his Aunt's bestie from high school and 30m dollars in the bank.

I read that Trey Lance is listed as #3 behind Cooper Rush for their opener this week. Zach is probably #3 behind Jarret Stidham. Quite amazing for the #2 and #3 overall picks from just three years ago. Plus Mac Jones is already on his second team

But for context - this isn't as much of a surprise as it might seem. The 2022 QB class is already a washout, with only 2 7th rounders still on their original team. Pickett, Ridder, Willis, Corral, Zappe, Howell and Oladokun are already elsewhere.

2020, by contrast, still has the top 5 QBs all still with their original team, all (I think) on shiny new contracts. I guess that was the year to need a QB (we drafted Captain Morgan to backup Sam D ... :bag:).

Wonder if the 2024 class will look more like 2020, or like 2021 & 2022, in a few years time? 

On 9/3/2024 at 3:30 AM, jamesr said:

I read that Trey Lance is listed as #3 behind Cooper Rush for their opener this week. Zach is probably #3 behind Jarret Stidham. Quite amazing for the #2 and #3 overall picks from just three years ago. Plus Mac Jones is already on his second team

But for context - this isn't as much of a surprise as it might seem. The 2022 QB class is already a washout, with only 2 7th rounders still on their original team. Pickett, Ridder, Willis, Corral, Zappe, Howell and Oladokun are already elsewhere.

2020, by contrast, still has the top 5 QBs all still with their original team, all (I think) on shiny new contracts. I guess that was the year to need a QB (we drafted Captain Morgan to backup Sam D ... :bag:).

Wonder if the 2024 class will look more like 2020, or like 2021 & 2022, in a few years time? 

There have been articles written in the Dallas Media over the last week calling on the Cowboys to acquire Zach.

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2024 at 2:30 AM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Breaking news:

Zach Wilson still freaking sucks 

More at 11

When you’re 3rd string behind rookie Bo Nix and 7th rounder Stidham and playing nearly a full game in preseason wk 3, it’s not exactly a ringing endorsement that the head coach / organization is building around you 🤣🤣

I mean what are we talking about here…

On 9/1/2024 at 3:14 PM, Matt39 said:

Who did Zach end up beating out for the #3?

On 9/1/2024 at 6:31 PM, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach Wilson isn’t starting next week.  Neither are Penix, Maye or McCarthy.  Therefore, Zach is better than those 3 players 

7C229E1D-F5DD-4804-B58D-06FC83B5CA13.thumb.jpeg.3f61f058d9c347f9f726fbb97d59939d.jpeg

On 9/2/2024 at 5:48 PM, JiFtheOracle said:

Last Sunday?  The league starts next week

Bo Nix got named a captain this week.  And Moley Mole thinks Sean Payton will bench him for Zach friggin Wilson.  lmao.

Look if Nix plays relatively well and stays healthy the other two QBs aren't going to play this season. At the most mop up duty for Stidham. Both of them are on last year of contracts so if things are going well for Denver at the QB position with Nix they will shop those two to see what they can get plus to get money off their payroll. 

On 9/3/2024 at 6:30 AM, jamesr said:

My first thought was that when guys are drafted high for need, they tend to wash out quicker and more obviously.  But then, 2022 was not a need year and Pickett was the only one that went pretty high.  2018 was the generational class and it sure isn't working out that way.

Look Lance has only 4 starts all with SF and Zach has 33. So Lance hasn't really had the regular season on the field opportunity that Zach has had. Both teams he's played for probably don't think he's ready to start but it's his 4th season like Zach in the NFL.