Training camp updates: Lazard still stinks

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m not concerned with him being sore. It’s expected. 

It’s a blister bud, it’s not even soreness.  It’s mild irritation that probably went away in 15 minutes after it was cleaned and cushioned by a mole bandage.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

Good grief.  It’s not even June and people are calling out Lazard.  Lazard may not regain his form of two seasons ago but it’s way too early to tell.  Mike Williams may not return to form either.  Let’s see what happens during trading camp.

haha  Fruedian slip?   Unfortunately there is no trading camp or any kind of trading opportunity for the Jets with Lazard.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Exactly. Needs a little sizzle on the ticket, even if that sizzle comes with a permanent limp and a beefy dead cap number. 

The election has its own cap rules.  The Jets are owned by Woody and the Rodgers cap hit would have to be matched over to the democrats. From Woody.  I think.  Well  maybe that's the way it should be. ....  and the Jets would have to get a comp pick for every electoral vote gained.   That's the ticket...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Record breaking season, top 10 passing TD %, provided DJ Moore with a career year, doing superstar sh*t on the reg, only player in NFL history to succeed at that level in such a terrible situation, etc.  

he was so great the bears couldn’t wait to get rid of that bust

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

It’s a blister bud, it’s not even soreness.  It’s mild irritation that probably went away in 15 minutes after it was cleaned and cushioned by a mole bandage.

Not that it matters, but was it ever officially confirmed that it was a blister?

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah, he’s pretty much dead I guess:

Dang blister.  RIP In Peace 🕊️.

It better be a blister.  For those that think it's not a strain on his other foot think about this.  He wore a completely different shoe for months and that will change your gait on the other foot. Also lots of compensation for many months. Unless we see a pic of a blister, I would be somewhat concerned. Let's remember he is 40. Lets remember he had a calf strain during the off season and then SNAP goes the achilles. It's definitely something to watch until proven otherwise. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The election has its own cap rules.  The Jets are owned by Woody and the Rodgers cap hit would have to be matched over to the democrats. From Woody.  I think.  Well  maybe that's the way it should be. 

The conversation between Woody, Douglas, and Hymie Elhai where they try to trick Woody into believing that he can write off the remaining $60 mil as a business expense while siphoning off the entire Joe Rogan voting bloc would be pure television gold.

18 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

It better be a blister.  For those that think it's not a strain on his other foot think about this.  He wore a completely different shoe for months and that will change your gait on the other foot. Also lots of compensation for many months. Unless we see a pic of a blister, I would be somewhat concerned. Let's remember he is 40. Lets remember he had a calf strain during the off season and then SNAP goes the achilles. It's definitely something to watch until proven otherwise. 

JD has to be sh*tting himself terrified right now, Saleh probably happy because he’s been sounding and moving like a guy who wants to be taken out back and put down and Garrett probably rolling his eyes right now 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, JKlecko said:

I believe that Allen is younger than Abanikanda.

Seems strange the Jets go for young RB.  They certainly are not afraid of older prospects and RB is the one position where you are never expecting to sign guys to a 2nd contract.  Who gives a **** if the kid is 28 when his rookie deal expires? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, doitny said:

because Yeboah looks like a WR when he catches it and Ruckert looks like Conklin.

Yeboah Career. 4 Rec 64 yds 16 avg 3 TDs. 

Ruckert Career 16 Rep 164 yds 9.4 avg 0TDs

now thats a very small sample size. but lets add in college.

Yeboah 74 Rec 1062 yds 14.4 avg 12 TDs. 

Ruckert 54 Rec 615 yds 11.4 avg 12 TDs

now Yeboah played a extra year but im looking at the Ypc. and his last year in college he avg 19.1 ypc. 

we need Ruckert because he is a good blocker but if you want to open up the offense and get another weapon i think Yeboah can be it, if he stays healthy.

Well since neither has ever had a real NFL QB throwing them the ball I wouldn't even count the NFL stats.  

Ruckert is definitely a great blocker.  I think most people sleep on him as a pass catcher.  He is above average as a pass catcher.   He had 54 receptions in college out of a possible 56 catchable passes.   He didn't have a bazillion yards due to the fact that a couple guys named Garrett Wilson and Chris Olave played next to him.  

I'd take Ruckert all day over Yeboah.  

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is hysterical.  Yeboh makes one td catch in front of the media and now Ruckert should be worried.

The jets are testing out the legs of these rookie rbs and suddenly izzy should be shakin in his boots.

Too funny.

Izzy should he worried because he sucked last year and the team drafted two mid round RBs to replace him.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Seems strange the Jets go for young RB.  They certainly are not afraid of older prospects and RB is the one position where you are never expecting to sign guys to a 2nd contract.  Who gives a **** if the kid is 28 when his rookie deal expires? 

Because at 28, their career is trending downwards with quite a few miles on the tread. At 24, they are still at their peak.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers: “Whoa whoa whoa. What exactly do we know about this <air quotes> ‘Doctor’ Scholl?”

*sigh*

Dang, that’s witty.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The conversation between Woody, Douglas, and Hymie Elhai where they try to trick Woody into believing that he can write off the remaining $60 mil as a business expense while siphoning off the entire Joe Rogan voting bloc would be pure television gold.

D-

lazy and unimaginative. See me for extra help.

9 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

D-

lazy and unimaginative. See me for extra help.

Ah snap a D-! Why don’t you throw up an A++ bicketybam internet joke so I can learn by example? Let’s have it, Gallagher. Knock my socks off.

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Ah snap a D-! Why don’t you throw up an A++ bicketybam internet joke so I can learn by example? Let’s have it, Gallagher. Knock my socks off.

Some students are just meant to be dunces, but I will do what I can.

If you are truly mad, send your "girl" after me 😅

On 5/29/2024 at 6:56 PM, T0mShane said:

Surprised no one was doing the tweets. 

1. Lazard apparently sucked today, dropping a TD from Rodgers, then getting bodied by Stiggers on a back shoulder throw that dropped incomplete. Said it at the time he was signed: Lazard isn’t a contested catch guy despite his size and him and Corey Davis are redundant in that they both suck.

2. Javon Kinlaw hasn’t shown up yet. Can’t believe they burned $7 mil on this career malcontent. 

3. Sounds like Rodgers had an up and down day, working on short stuff. DJ Reed and Quincy Williams had DPIs in the end zone against him. Tyrod hit on a bomb to some dude. 

4. Braelon Allen is the early leader for the RB2 job, and Abanikanda is at the back of the pack.

5. Tyron Smith stonewalled Will McDonald on one rep, but got deked by Jermaine on another play. Will McDonald cooked up the Pitt tackle we all like.

6. Sounds like Fashanu was getting his ass kicked today by Jalyn Holmes and others. 

7. Michigan freak Braiden McGregor got some pressures today. Malachi Corley left with an injury and ended up watching practice.

Wow very cunty whining

you must be fun during the holidays

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1